Coronavirus

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great news lads the son in laws ex wife is home. It looks like she's going to be ok it's really brought it home how bad this is. Hopefully things can get back to some kind of normality in a couple of

Probably standing in the empty Nightingale hospitals (which we can’t use without staff btw - good luck finding more nurses)   None of us have been routinely tested. Only eligible if we have

My old man has days, at the most, left.    Good luck to anyone trying to stop me seeing him.    It’ll be The Rule Of Five.…   Five Knuckles.…       I’ll hit th

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Well it worked okay for Chez Given iirc. Got him off the streets sucking cocks for baccy, and now he eats pigs legs in a swanky pad in Paris.

Just reminded me. I put "ChezGiven sucks cocks for baccy" in my signature and it got no reaction. About a year later he turned his signatures on by which time I had turned mine off and forgetten about it. He spotted it and was like "wtf!?" :lol:

Remember all the daft cunts with giant signatures btw. Fuck me. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I've got him on linkedin, I might ask him in a public post if he's stopped sucking cocks for baccy yet. 

of all the social networks it's by far the shitest, not even any cat videos on the news feed

Not sure why I have it  add me and i'll give you some fake endorsements that make ya look useful :D  

38 minutes ago, Ant said:

of all the social networks it's by far the shitest, not even any cat videos on the news feed

Not sure why I have it  add me and i'll give you some fake endorsements that make ya look useful :D  

I can't remember your surname? Let me know and I'll add you now. You can keep the fake endorsements though, I proudly display zero endorsements. :lol:

I resisted it until two years ago. Changed jobs and moved to a small startup* and everyone in the room was on it so I seemed like the weird kid so I signed up.  If a mate posts something I'll give it a like so more people see it but other than that I don't use it. 

*Pro tip: don't join a startup that relies on private investment to survive, if there's a global pandemic on the horizon. It gets dicey pretty quickly. 

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I can't remember your surname? Let me know and I'll add you now. You can keep the fake endorsements though, I proudly display zero endorsements. :lol:

I resisted it until two years ago. Changed jobs and moved to a small startup* and everyone in the room was on it so I seemed like the weird kid so I signed up.  If a mate posts something I'll give it a like so more people see it but other than that I don't use it. 

*Pro tip: don't join a startup that relies on private investment to survive, if there's a global pandemic on the horizon. It gets dicey pretty quickly. 

I signed up for similar reasons as everyone at work has it. 

I stopped using Facebook as it is fucking shite and my timeline was just filled with narcissist arseholes.

Linkedin takes the arseholery to another level. The lack of self awareness on there is absolutely astonishing. As far as I can tell, it’s only useful if you need a good sneer once in a while.

• Haha 1

It's wild. Company chief execs during the whole BLM thing, obviously thinking "well I've got to fucking say something", posting a load of bullshit and then getting 300k likes from absolute hoopsniffers across the globe. 

It is eye opening to see how career-driven some people are. I wouldn't fucking dream of posting some of the cringe shit that people I've worked with put up on there. 

aye similar tbh, or if i decide i want to jump ship to private sector ill take one of the recruiters/invites to go for jobs up, I.T it seems to be good for not sure about other sectors

should probably update my profile tbh to reflect all the brexit shite

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

It's wild. Company chief execs during the whole BLM thing, obviously thinking "well I've got to fucking say something", posting a load of bullshit and then getting 300k likes from absolute hoopsniffers across the globe. 

It is eye opening to see how career-driven some people are. I wouldn't fucking dream of posting some of the cringe shit that people I've worked with put up on there. 

the recruiters are the worst for that :lol: fuck me the fake enthusiasm is sickening 

• Like 1

I rely on it quite a bit as a consultant but I can't disagree with most of the stuff mentioned about it. There are some people who use it to 'remain visible' which is honestly probably something I should do more of.

58 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Oddly enough, am in the exact same position :lol: Am currently trying to get the one I'm involved with to pivot to a sustainability model before the funds dry up entirely. Challenging stuff..

21 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Had my first COVID test this week. I'd spent the afternoon on an interview panel with someone who tested positive 2 days later. 

Mine came back negative fortunately 

How is Galashiels these days? 

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Shocking! 
It’s one set rules for the elite, while the rest of us  can get to fuck. 

:lol:

Its worse than that. If in of our little shits, I mean dears, gets symptoms they are also fast tracked to testing. No way can they let a paper pusher like me waste my time self isolating.