Coronavirus

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Anyone downloading the new contact tracing app, which is currently rocking a 1.6 star rating on the Google Play store? 

I don't know if all the bad shit we were supposed to fear about having the app has been sorted out or not. I mean it probably doesn't work anyway... 

If I want to take my laddie football training at Wallsend BC I need to. Apparently. I’ll need to to scan the QR code as I go in. Although I’m not sure how they’ll enforce or police it. Just looking forward to being told I need to self isolate because someone’s tested positive 

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great news lads the son in laws ex wife is home. It looks like she's going to be ok it's really brought it home how bad this is. Hopefully things can get back to some kind of normality in a couple of

Probably standing in the empty Nightingale hospitals (which we can’t use without staff btw - good luck finding more nurses)   None of us have been routinely tested. Only eligible if we have

My old man has days, at the most, left.    Good luck to anyone trying to stop me seeing him.    It’ll be The Rule Of Five.…   Five Knuckles.…       I’ll hit th

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

If I want to take my laddie football training at Wallsend BC I need to. Apparently. I’ll need to to scan the QR code as I go in. Although I’m not sure how they’ll enforce or police it. Just looking forward to being told I need to self isolate because someone’s tested positive 

My gym are doing the qr code but have a get out clause for anyone without a smartphone to just ensure they have up to date contact details. I suppose that will apply to refuseniks too. 

I downloaded it even though I don't really go that far out and about  - I just think anything that can help is worth any downside. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Read above your post although it seems you have and ignored it.

I did. I also didn’t see Patrick Vallance named anywhere in it. So you’re outraged? Give me just one paragraph on why.

12 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

You're clearly thicker than a doctor's wallet (No pun intended).

I'm with Ewerk on that one tbh, the content of the Vallance article is hardly something to stew over.

You seem oddly angry at being asked whats up with it.

Owning shares in a pharmaceutcal company is not a crime. Its a potential CoI but these are transparently declared at all committee level medical meetings and briefings ive been to. Vallance has done nothing wrong at all. 

I get sick of all the pharma bashing. These companies, and GSK in particular, are going to be the solution to this crisis. Its one industry the UK haa excelled in and we should be proud of. Instead, we've massively fucked them over with Brexit. Lets see how that works out. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

You're clearly thicker than a doctor's wallet (No pun intended).

For a start, he's a non-political appointee. He worked for GSK for a long time and rose to a high position that involved the award of a lot of shares. He has since sold most of his shares. He has been transparent about this throughout. It's not like GSK are some small non-entity who he can help get some work, they're one of the biggest pharma companies in the world.

What I was merely asking was for one shred of evidence of corruption and you came up with nothing.

8 hours ago, Renton said:

Owning shares in a pharmaceutcal company is not a crime. Its a potential CoI but these are transparently declared at all committee level medical meetings and briefings ive been to. Vallance has done nothing wrong at all. 

I get sick of all the pharma bashing. These companies, and GSK in particular, are going to be the solution to this crisis. Its one industry the UK haa excelled in and we should be proud of. Instead, we've massively fucked them over with Brexit. Lets see how that works out. 

Try working for one of the cunts and see how great they are

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Whilst I wholeheartedly endorse the sentiment, and would love to pile on, it's not as plain as that in his case, he previously worked for them as a Senior Exec and will no doubt have exercised his share options, it's not like he just dived in to grab shares recently to profiteer (unlike the rest of the corrupt Tory cunts). (Edit - basically what Ewerk said but I hadn't seen his post !!)

Edited by Toonpack
1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Try working for one of the cunts and see how great they are

Well it worked okay for Chez Given iirc. Got him off the streets sucking cocks for baccy, and now he eats pigs legs in a swanky pad in Paris.

• Haha 3