Solano's Second Goal

Guest CrimsonFault

Sky would have filmed it though and given the images to the BBC as part of the MotD deal. Anyway, both the beeb and Sky are better than ITV.

101149[/snapback]

So's Teletext. :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be very interested to see how the new improved Solano will link up first with Shearer, and then Owen. We might start scoring goals again.

Edit: plus there's N'Zogbia and Emre to supply the bullets. We're going to win the FA cup this year. :lol:

Edited by Renton

I'm going to be very interested to see how the new improved Solano will link up first with Shearer, and then Owen. We might start scoring goals again.

101183[/snapback]

Owen yes, I think Big Al's totally finished now though.

101183[/snapback]

Owen yes, I think Big Al's totally finished now though.

101184[/snapback]

I knew you'd say that and I think you are wrong, and we have really missed him. Has it occurred to you that he has been just as much a victim of Souness's tactical incompetence as anyone else, probably more so in fact. If we supply him with goals into the area, he will score, I'm sure of it. I am looking forward to him proving you wrong. :lol:

I hope I am wrong, I just don't think he's got the ability to get on the end of things any more. Even when he plays well these days he rarely looks like scoring.

I hope I am wrong, I just don't think he's got the ability to get on the end of things any more. Even when he plays well these days he rarely looks like scoring.

101194[/snapback]

But we've hardly seen him play in the new improved side. Plus when he did he scored a peach against Pompey. We'll see, he only has a few games left now anyway.

101194[/snapback]

But we've hardly seen him play in the new improved side. Plus when he did he scored a peach against Pompey. We'll see, he only has a few games left now anyway.

101196[/snapback]

Exactly, we're doing fine without him :lol:

101194[/snapback]

101196[/snapback]

101197[/snapback]

We weren't against Charlton. :jerkit:

I reckon we would have won that game with Shearer, seriously.

101194[/snapback]

101196[/snapback]

101197[/snapback]

We weren't against Charlton. :jerkit:

I reckon we would have won that game with Shearer, seriously.

101199[/snapback]

Maybe.

None of the camera angles did justice to the goal for me. I was basically right behind Nobby and the swerve was immense. As had already been said you knew it was in all the way.

With regards to Shearer. Regardless of how finished he is (and I do think he is on his last legs) he does help create space up front for others just by his presence. With just Shola up there it's been very difficult for Emre and Nobby to find anyone in much space. Whether this is down to it being Shearer up there or whether it would be the same with any other forward is open to debate like.

None of the camera angles did justice to the goal for me.  I was basically right behind Nobby and the swerve was immense.  As had already been said you knew it was in all the way.

101247[/snapback]

I know what you mean, from where I sit I had the perfect view from behind of Shearer's volley against Everton a couple of seasons ago. Having seen that goal from all the camera angles, the original one in my head is still the best.

None of the camera angles did justice to the goal for me.   I was basically right behind Nobby and the swerve was immense.  As had already been said you knew it was in all the way.

101247[/snapback]

I know what you mean, from where I sit I had the perfect view from behind of Shearer's volley against Everton a couple of seasons ago. Having seen that goal from all the camera angles, the original one in my head is still the best.

101253[/snapback]

Spot on there like, we've got nearly the same view and it was a goal from the moment it left his foot.

For once MOTD had a camera in the right place last night - looking at the reruns it bent outwards a good yard before swinging in at the last moment

100835[/snapback]

that would be Sky :lol: indeed was a great angle, no point Westerveld trying to get there.

100913[/snapback]

Well I saw it on MOTD so maybe they share the camera feed...................

101135[/snapback]

They don't belong to either TV company unless it is an exclusive like the Newcastle-Gateshead cup when it would have been Sky's cameras. The cameras are just normal filming and Sky and the BBC both have access to all of the footage and can add their own overlays on them like the score bar etc...