Sven Botman

wykikitoon

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

What does your head say?

Listen to your gut, it's not often it says something other than it's been 20 minutes since you had some biscuits.

• Haha 1

This all reminds me of what happened with Bellamy, Dyer and Shearer regarding that surgeon Dr Steadman where for all three we fannied around waiting for injuries to heal before sending them to get fixed properly and everyone wondering why the fuck we didn't just send them on day one. 

I hope I'm wrong but we'll see. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NJS said:

This all reminds me of what happened with Bellamy, Dyer and Shearer regarding that surgeon Dr Steadman where for all three we fannied around waiting for injuries to heal before sending them to get fixed properly and everyone wondering why the fuck we didn't just send them on day one. 

I hope I'm wrong but we'll see. 

It's generally not that simple. Depending on the nature of the injury you need to have the knee otherwise healthy before you can consider operating, any swelling gone, flexibility and strength good. If you don't allow for that the recovery won't be anywhere near 100% and the risk of reinjury is much higher. You can rest assured they're not just crossing their fingers and hoping for everything to come good.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

“ I am Dazzlers Gut. 
I consist of millions of nerve cells, billions of bacteria, a turd storage area, and provide intuition regarding footballer’s injuries. “

And biscuit deficits 🙂 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

“ I am Dazzlers Gut. 
I consist of millions of nerve cells, billions of bacteria, a turd storage area, and provide intuition regarding footballer’s injuries. “

Who the fuck let you out? I've been busting for a shit for 12 hours.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

Best corner and goal in months from Longstaff.

Trippier over every set-piece has been horrible for months!

At least try and put some effort into this. It makes it more fun.

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Nicely taken header yesterday.  Two goals this season, more than a certain ex player got for us last season.

Newcastle United Sport GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

Some nervy moments defending though which is unlike him. Understandable of course because of how shite we are defending as a team at the moment and he's just come back from injury. That long ball over the top which ended up falling to Nunez was the bread and butter sort you'd expect him to clear half asleep. 

43 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Some nervy moments defending though which is unlike him. Understandable of course because of how shite we are defending as a team at the moment and he's just come back from injury. That long ball over the top which ended up falling to Nunez was the bread and butter sort you'd expect him to clear half asleep. 

he looks half fit. But then I’m not sure I can claim anyone looks match fit out of the 11. maybe only Tino and Miley.

• Like 2

Dubs had an amazing set of saves yesterday which reminded me of how puzzled I was when we decided to go for Pope. The difference for Botman is big though because Pope tends to sweep more and Dubs seems to sit further back. Obviously,  we cannot expect Dubs to play further up as that would potentially be disastrous but I think it will lead to a few of the issues like the Nunez chance until they are more used to each other. Botman will also improve his match fitness as well.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

Dubs had an amazing set of saves yesterday which reminded me of how puzzled I was when we decided to go for Pope. The difference for Botman is big though because Pope tends to sweep more and Dubs seems to sit further back. Obviously,  we cannot expect Dubs to play further up as that would potentially be disastrous but I think it will lead to a few of the issues like the Nunez chance until they are more used to each other. Botman will also improve his match fitness as well.

Definitely- we miss Pope’s sweeper keeper presence. Dubs often seems hesitant or late to come off his line to narrow the angle. His shot stopping has always been good but I think the back four feel more comfortable playing a higher line with pope behind them 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Nicely taken header yesterday.  Two goals this season, more than a certain ex player got for us last season.

Newcastle United Sport GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

frozen let it go GIF by Walt Disney Animation Studios

:smile:

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...