2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

Sir Les was only here 2 years…

You put him in the same category as Shearer, not me ;)

I mean top of the top for this club. Half this team could justify club icon status at this point but I mean genuine club legend.

It's a tough one tbh. And I want to set out very clearly that I think he is absolutely world class and everything that everyone is saying about him being transformative for the club.

But that said I feel like there have to be levels. If he leads us to a league title or a cup win, surely that has to be a tier above where he is now? Those successes have to mean something.

I hope there is a plan within the club to offer Trips a coaching role once he retires. He's definitely looks like he's got that something extra about everything he does and I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a top manager one day.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Milburn- won three FA CUPS. 

McDonald- won fuck all

Terry Hibbitt - won fuck all

Kevin Keegan - won fuck all

Shearer - won fuck all

Sir Les - won fuck all

etc. 

:lol:

Yeah but Keegan was somehow the spirit of the football club made man. Idk, I think there are exceptionable variables in all of this. Distinctions are important.

Maybe we could agree to establish a new tier like "club deity" if Trippier wins something with us.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just got this on Youtube feed too. The BBC magedia has gone into overdrive. If we could harvest mackem fewm we could save the polar caps. 

Same old faces. :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

BUT WHERE THE FUCK IS ADAM P? 

And that guy from Tyneside life who talks shite about the ground? 

There's only so many they could get in at one time. When I'm made redundant I'm starting my own 'talent' agency for media producers to use when they want any NUFC fans. Obviously in this day of digitised media it'll be an online agency. I'm going to call it 'Anycunt'lldo.com'. 

:good:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

There's only so many they could get in at one time. When I'm made redundant I'm starting my own 'talent' agency for media producers to use when they want any NUFC fans. Obviously in this day of digitised media it'll be an online agency. I'm going to call it 'Anycunt'lldo.com'. 

:good:

Name aside, that's not a bad idea. :lol:

WHose on the listings then:

Adam P

Matty Renton

The Knight Rider

Glenn McCrory

Kendall Rowan

Jim Carver......

"HeymanHowman agencies, for all your hackneyed  stereotypical Geordie gobshite needs" 👍

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Just had a flashback to that absolutely shite short-lived  soap opera ‘Quayside’ that Glenn McCrory appeared in 

Me too as it happens. He was on the news a couple of weeks back after winning some sexual abuse case which has apparently wrecked his career, think that's why I thought of him. Shame, not much of a boxer but was one hell of an acting talent :whistle:. For some reason, "Quayside" seems to have shot on a nokia at 10 fps.....

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

Just had a flashback to that absolutely shite short-lived  soap opera ‘Quayside’ that Glenn McCrory appeared in 

That's the first time I've ever saw any of that show. 

Fucking last as well. :lol:

• Haha 4