2024/25 - Generic NUFC Chat. Cunts ☑️

wykikitoon

7 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I think we get more from Joelinton wide left, interchanging with Willock than we do when we have him as an out and out centre mid tbh. He picks up less cards from reckless challenges and got a few goals from Willock's overlapping runs. Plus he's a fucking beast at holding the ball in the corner to kill time at the end of games.

Also means that he can be the outlet for Pope's long balls, instead of Burn. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Also means that he can be the outlet for Pope's long balls, instead of Burn. 

Very true.

Plus most right backs shit their pants whenever someone built like Joelinton is running directly at them. They can chop down players like Gordon but they are getting steamrolled by big Joe.

• Like 1

Squad depth and the summer transfer window…. Is Howe suggesting that Livramento and Hall weren’t “his” signings by not playing them even when we’re struggling with injuries? Is there a chance  Ashworth brought them in with the best of intentions but they’re basically not ready and Howe is sending him a message? obviously there could be loads of reasons but given our current medical woes it does seem a bit odd. Livramento was brilliant v Man City, not sure why he’s not being trusted in midfield later in games just to change it up 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Squad depth and the summer transfer window…. Is Howe suggesting that Livramento and Hall weren’t “his” signings by not playing them even when we’re struggling with injuries? Is there a chance  Ashworth brought them in with the best of intentions but they’re basically not ready and Howe is sending him a message? obviously there could be loads of reasons but given our current medical woes it does seem a bit odd. Livramento was brilliant v Man City, not sure why he’s not being trusted in midfield later in games just to change it up 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also 2 keepers on the bench. You would think just giving a young player the experience of being there would be more beneficial. I think that really smacks of ‘look how thin the squad is’ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

"What the fuck is this?"

"It's an old Bournemouth message, it means Hall and Livramento train with the fishes."

200.gif?cid=7ad0e14cp7hnfh424hb27mxrp5pp

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

It's an interesting one. Livramento I think was bought because he was available at a price that was appealing. He's was great like you said v city which is a head scratcher why Howe doesn't have more trust in him and giving Trippier more rest. 

Hall wasn't that great v City so I can see why he's not really putting him in. But he needs game time to improve. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

It's an interesting one. Livramento I think was bought because he was available at a price that was appealing. He's was great like you said v city which is a head scratcher why Howe doesn't have more trust in him and giving Trippier more rest. 

Hall wasn't that great v City so I can see why he's not really putting him in. But he needs game time to improve. 

I can understand why tripper starts most  games - he’s fundamental to how we play. Everything goes through him, he takes all our set pieces and he’s a leader on the pitch.

However he is 33 and he looked bloody knackered yesterday, which is no surprise given how much he has played. He has to be given a rest. You can’t play 90 minutes two or three times a week at his age. And he’ll likely break down if we don’t rotate him often, which is the last thing we need. 

Livramento is good enough to be given more chances to give Trippier a breather - he showed that against Man City when he was motm. He’s more than good enough to get more of a run out against lower mid table sides such as wolves when trippier was so knackered he was breathing out his arse and making uncharacteristic mistakes. 

• Like 2

I don't think it's that he doesn't trust them. I think it's match situations. The game was on a knife edge yesterday and he didn't want to risk pissing about with his back four. And he'll start Trippier 9 times out of 10 cos he's head and shoulders above most of the squad.

I think are reading way too much into the fact that Hall and Livramento aren't seeing more match time. Even suggesting it was a mistake to sign them. It wasn't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2023 at 05:22, Alex said:

I find his writing style to be very pretentious at times but he often gets things spot on in terms of the angle he takes. He’s spot on about the hypocrisy and overt racism re: the Saudis for example. I’ve occasionally read his blog in the past but it’s a bit uncomfortable sometimes to say the least. He loves a deeply entrenched personal grudge as well :lol: 

He opined via PM that the world would be better off if I died from COVID-19. This was shortly after I pulled him up on a dodgy semicolon. The man's a nutter, crazier than a loon. 

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't think it's that he doesn't trust them. I think it's match situations. The game was on a knife edge yesterday and he didn't want to risk pissing about with his back four. And he'll start Trippier 9 times out of 10 cos he's head and shoulders above most of the squad.

I think are reading way too much into the fact that Hall and Livramento aren't seeing more match time. Even suggesting it was a mistake to sign them. It wasn't.

I don’t think it was a mistake to sign either.  But we’re on the bones of our arse injury wise and Howe won’t play them. You can’t compete on four fronts with 17 players. Somethings not adding up but it’s difficult to tell what. Howe was accused of being too loyal to certain players at Bournemouth which partly lead to relegation according to some . We’ll see…

27 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

He opined via PM that the world would be better off if I died from COVID-19. This was shortly after I pulled him up on a dodgy semicolon. The man's a nutter, crazier than a loon. 

Nice. He’s a funny one like. I kind of know him by association. I don’t he’s a well chap but that doesn’t excuse everything of course. I think he’s back writing the programme notes for Percy Main Amateurs so keep your eye out for volume two of The Village Voice 👍🏻

Just now, PaddockLad said:

I don’t think it was a mistake to sign either.  But we’re on the bones of our arse injury wise and Howe won’t play them. You can’t compete on four fronts with 17 players. Somethings not adding up but it’s difficult to tell what. Howe was accused of being too loyal to certain players at Bournemouth which partly lead to relegation according to some . We’ll see…

I think it’s largely because Trippier is our main playmaker in effect in the lopsided back 4. With Burn playing more like a third centre half a lot of the time. If you leave Trippier out, that doesn’t work so maybe you then need two fullbacks giving you width. Which disrupts things a lot, in relation to how you line up. Then I don’t think he thinks Hall is ready and doesn’t seem to rate Targett. 
I think Gemmill’s right about the game being on a knife edge. Gloom is right too though that you can’t play Trippier twice a week all season at his age. 
This squad is still very young (in terms of its development) too. What have we had? 4 windows since the takeover. With a decade and a half of poor investment (and not just in the first team). 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Alex said:

I think it’s largely because Trippier is our main playmaker in effect in the lopsided back 4. With Burn playing more like a third centre half a lot of the time. If you leave Trippier out, that doesn’t work so maybe you then need two fullbacks giving you width. Which disrupts things a lot, in relation to how you line up. Then I don’t think he thinks Hall is ready and doesn’t seem to rate Targett. 
I think Gemmill’s right about the game being on a knife edge. Gloom is right too though that you can’t play Trippier twice a week all season at his age. 
This squad is still very young (in terms of its development) too. What have we had? 4 windows since the takeover. With a decade and a half of poor investment (and not just in the first team). 

It's this exactly, imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You lot have a question, the knight Ryder goes and gets the answers

If you can’t be arsed with the Chronicles almost impossible to read website, Howe basically says he wants to give him time to settle in he did a nice job against Man City when given the chance and can cover a lot of positions. 

• Like 3

• Monkeys Fist changed the title to 2024/25 - Generic NUFC Chat. Cunts ☑️