Harvey Barnes

aimaad22

24 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I know…to make up for it why not tell us all about l’il Harv’s  Xg ? 😀

image.png.8ffc87c0fd8060a7d787aee9f00ec62b.png

One thing to note here is that his xG is in the 71st percentile, but his goal return is 91st percentile. And it's like that consistently. He's one of those rare players who consistently scores more goals than you'd expect given the chances. Now this could be some ridiculous fluke of facing poor goalkeeping performances for his entire career, or, what is more likely, is that he's a very good finisher. 

I've seen some criticism of his passing, but I wonder if those critics are accounting for where those passes are played and what the circumstance are. e.g. from the highlights I've seen the majority of his passes are in attack, around the box. He plays a high volume of attempted 1-2s through congested areas of the pitch. This obviously reduces the likelihood of that pass being successful. Same is true with Tonali. The passes that fail are usually the ones that would lead to a good chance. 

• Like 2

This ASM stuff is starting to get a bit tiresome. I have engaged a bit in the banter but it's starting to get a bit bitter tbh.

Cracking player on his day but no player bigger than the club and sI trust Eddie and the team 👍

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

This ASM stuff is starting to get a bit tiresome. I have engaged a bit in the banter but it's starting to get a bit bitter tbh.

Cracking player on his day but no player bigger than the club and sI trust Eddie and the team 👍

Pretty much everyone likes him, we're mostly having to slag him off because of LTA :lol: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RobElliott said:

Not sure why you and your buddy brought the Lord ASM into this, i've only discussed barnes