Lewis Hall

LongTimeAdmirer

9 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Aye by all accounts Tonali was supposed to be box to box with tons of energy. Certainly saw evidence of it the little he did play. Surprisingly pacey too. 

Wonder what sort of state he'll be in after a year of not playing. 

Hungry French Fries GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

Been in spoons a fair bit I hear 

• Haha 1

I think Hall was/will be signed with a view to the future (mind blowing I know).

I think him and Livramento are with a view to a different system in mind than we have currently. Mainly due to Schar’s lack of pace.

Long term I expect hall and tino to be attacking fullbacks, again mind blowing. 

With Sven, a faster player alongside him, Bruno/a n other sitting deep, it allows us to have three at the back centrally rather than from a wide position.

Gives us more threat from wide (deep) and the wingers can get more central and hopefully score more goals allowing isak to drop deeper where he is immense.

But I am just an overweight 39 year smoggy, I don’t know shit.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

yeah. You need a much better technical midifeld than ours to do that. We give the ball away too much at the moment. That might change with a midfield of Big Joe/Bruno/Tonali and a worldie at right wing. 

You also need a sweeper keeper. 

Screenshot_20240412-221855.thumb.png.ef8099668a2d4d5fe1aeca13f4be3400.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Bruno is utterly wasted as a CDM

That's just his starting position, with Tonali and Joelinton moving box-to-box, Bruno can join attacks later. 

Obviously if we bought a 'proper' DM Bruno would play more as an 8. But until then he's the best we've got in that position 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Bruno is utterly wasted as a CDM

I’ve wondered for a while if Trippier could play there with Tino at RB. Lacks the physical presence (as does Bruno though) but has all the other attributes. Probably not something we’re likely to see happen with all the other options in midfield when everyone’s fit