Play Mobile Heed’s Hembarrassing and Deesgraceful Fam vs. Steady Eddie’s Crumbling Cripples.

Monkeys Fist

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

It ultimately depends whether Howe tries to use this result to reinstate Burn or whether he gives Livramento a proper run.

We've missed Burn's presence on set pieces, but whether we lose 2-0 or 4-0 it ulitmately doesn't matter. Burn categorically would not have changed the outcome and Livramento has been no worse than anyone else out there and has not been exposed for pace.

You're making it sound like some Machievellan plot from Howe here. Howe will play the players he think will win and not be arsed what anyone else thinks. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Karius much quicker off his line than Dubravka. He's had a good game 

I am glad to be wrong on my previous assessment of him. 

I would be happier to see him keep his place and see how he gets on when we are not being pegged back. 

I feel no loyalty to Dubs. He has been great but it isn't working with him. 

• Like 5

Just now, Renton said:

You're making it sound like some Machievellan plot from Howe here. Howe will play the players he think will win and not be arsed what anyone else thinks. 

I don't think that's entirely correct from what we have seen of Howe, he does care what others think but will never ever ever show any obvious signs of it. That's core to his public identity. Behind closed doors/in his head that will not be the case. He doesn't like to do what everyone is expecting, the obvious decision, he wants to do everything in his own way. It's also why he reveals so little in press conferences. Most of the time that has worked out well, not rushing new signings into the team etc, but sometimes there's an underlying stubbornness that can be damaging. I do like it about him, but in the Burn scenario he took the "I know better" way too far.

• Like 1

Just now, Renton said:

BDB brilliant save! 

After getting murdlerised on the break again unfortunately. 

Today has shown we do lose elements of our game when he doesn't play, but on balance I prefer Tino there 

1 minute ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I am glad to be wrong on my previous assessment of him. 

I would be happier to see him keep his place and see how he gets on when we are not being pegged back. 

I feel no loyalty to Dubs. He has been great but it isn't working with him. 

He's been the one silver lining from this flogging. Deserves to have a run in the side. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Today has shown we do lose elements of our game when he doesn't play, but on balance I prefer Tino there 

It will take some time to adjust to not having an extra giant CB in our set pieces, but you have to play the best team for football rather than the best team for set pieces.

• Like 1

Blown away in the first half. Even contest in the second half, bar a Saka wonder goal and a poor goal to concede from a corner. 

No shame in losing to Arsenal away, but our defence is all over the shop these days. Botman and Shar look like different players 

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

After getting murdlerised on the break again unfortunately. 

No proper protection.  It’s a team thing. 

• Like 3

Just now, OTF said:

It will take some time to adjust to not having an extra giant CB in our set pieces, but you have to play the best team for football rather than the best team for set pieces.

Its swings and roundabouts. He might shore up the defence at corners, but he's almost guaranteed to concede a goal on the break once every game in recent weeks 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the one where there is an outside chance of a shag at the end of it

That's easily the best Friends episode.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, trophyshy said:

That's easily the best Friends episode.

Yeah but did you see any of the three of them with their tits out? I watched that shit for a fuckin decade man 😫

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah but did you see any of the three of them with their tits out? I watched that shit for a fuckin decade man 😫

AI can make your dream come true.  It's tits oot in anything you want these days.

• Haha 2

We've not learnt anything new today. Except that Karius should definitely be starting over Dubravka. 

The team's got limitations and they will have to be addressed if we are to progress next season.