Chelsea v Eddie's Prince of Players AG10 and his likely lads, NUFC

sammynb

1 minute ago, OTF said:

Very disjointed game from both sides really. Hope Gordon's injury is not serious, the way he winced when the physio bent his knee didn't look good.

im not that arsed about Gordon. I’m happy to give Barnes a run of games (if that cunt is fit). The season is gone. We are a mid table team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sammynb said:

And Palmer, England's new Messi - well it sounds like it listening to Townsend and Tyler.

He is technically a very good player. Far superior than Gordon etc. He has Saka and Foden ahead of him for England though.

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

im not that arsed about Gordon. I’m happy to give Barnes a run of games (if that cunt is fit). The season is gone. We are a mid table team. 

Was more thinking for the FA Cup. I know it's a tough ask away at Man City, but if we're to have any chance Gordon will have to be at his best.

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

He is technically a very good player. Far superior than Gordon etc. He has Saka and Foden ahead of him for England though.

Something very punchable about him though.

Just now, OTF said:

Was more thinking for the FA Cup. I know it's a tough ask away at Man City, but if we're to have any chance Gordon will have to be at his best.

We haven’t got a chance to be fair mate.  We can’t defend for toffee.

1 minute ago, sammynb said:

Noooo, you are sounding like LTA.

Gordon's one of our's, he not unlovable.

only a face his mother, his bird with the big tits and nufc fans could love.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

We haven’t got a chance to be fair mate.  We can’t defend for toffee.

But, the magic of the cup!

• Haha 1

Botman's a worry as he's quality but has been gash since the fuck up with his injury and being allowed to play through it. He just hasn't looked the same which we have to hope is temporary as we're going to need a good spine if we can push on next season? I've absolutely written this year off I'm afraid, too much evidence in front of our eyes. No blob strop, things just haven't went out way and some players have played too much. The midfield will be our make or break next season and hopefully Pope doesn't come back crocked. A striker is a must. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Botman's a worry as he's quality but has been gash since the fuck up with his injury and being allowed to play through it. He just hasn't looked the same which we have to hope is temporary as we're going to need a good spine if we can push on next season? I've absolutely written this year off I'm afraid, too much evidence in front of our eyes. No blob strop, things just haven't went out way and some players have played too much. The midfield will be our make or break next season and hopefully Pope doesn't come back crocked. A striker is a must. 

the right wing needs some work as well. I like Murphy but he is a squad player.

in reality we need a better quality midfield and a defence that can receive the ball under pressure if we want to challenge the top 4 again. OR we steroid -up next season and go HYper-press again. 

20 minutes ago, OTF said:

Emergency loan agreed for ASM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fucking hell, Ian Wright is surprised at our pressing because Nick Pope is a sweeper keeper and Botman who has just come in had a poor game.

25 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Don't forget the incredibly talented Jordan Henderson 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Defence is a shambles compared with last year. I'm sure Botman will come good but then you've got Burn and Trippier surely  coming to the end of their shelf life, maybe Lascelles too. I'm much more confident about midfield with the options we have and Tonali coming back. Need two strikers and keep hold of Isak too as well. 

Typical Newcastle. Finally crack it with rich owners and then screwed over with FFP. Could be a lot worse mind, could be  Mackems. This was always going to be a reality check, the Amazon documentary made it clear Staveley and the executives knew this. We'll have a bounce back next season imo. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

the right wing needs some work as well. I like Murphy but he is a squad player.

in reality we need a better quality midfield and a defence that can receive the ball under pressure if we want to challenge the top 4 again. OR we steroid -up next season and go HYper-press again. 

A fully recharged midfield with joelinton, Willock, Bruno, Tonali with players able to rotate and get a breather should do ok. Howe might have to think about changing our style as football doesn't stand still. 

• Like 4

Let's be honest Europa Conference is not much of a motivation compared to CL football. We're a team playing like it's motivated by the possibility of getting into the places for tinpot European football and not the real deal. I think it's confirmation today that this is the team we are for the remainder of this season. I think if we manage to keep in the fight for 7th towards the end of the season that might be enough to eek out a little bit of a flurry of results to get us there. But at the moment it seems like too many players are simply going through the motions. There's a distinct lack of intensity today that has been evident for months on end. This is not to say that injuries and fatigue are non-factors. Of course, they are. But the return to the mid-table in terms of results has seen a return to mid-table in terms of quality for a few players. And that combined with injuries, fatigue and loss of form and identity means that unfortunately this crap is likely to be served up a few more times before the end of the season. But, hey, it's not like we are unfamiliar with a schizophrenic Newcastle side. We've got our old club back for a month or so. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Defence is a shambles compared with last year. I'm sure Botman will come good but then you've got Burn and Trippier surely  coming to the end of their shelf life, maybe Lascelles too. I'm much more confident about midfield with the options we have and Tonali coming back. Need two strikers and keep hold of Isak too as well. 

Typical Newcastle. Finally crack it with rich owners and then screwed over with FFP. Could be a lot worse mind, could be  Mackems. This was always going to be a reality check, the Amazon documentary made it clear Staveley and the executives knew this. We'll have a bounce back next season imo. 

True: There is no pace in the back line. Burn, Schar and Trippier all over 32. And Botman looking over 35 at the min. Tino was good first half but not involved too much in 2nd.

Twice this season these cunts have been there for the taking and we’ve blew it. Not one ever to slag any one off but a fit Pope saves all of them imo, and wtf is it with piss farting on at the back, sideways and backward passing for minutes on bastard end. Bring on City, we’ll do them Newcastle United Gordon GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

• Like 2