Jump to content

Euro 24


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Maddison and Curtis Jones binned off already. Rumours of Quansah as well.

 

Trafford will no doubt get the news soon so that leaves 3.

 

We dont need 3 left wingers so Ezra or Grealish surely will be left.

 

Dunk or Branthwaite must be on the chopping line.

 

Ivan Toney?

Edited by Holden McGroin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dunk needs chopping, he had a cracking start to the season.  Then from mid onwards he slumped to fuck.  Branthwaite deserves it IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Dunk needs chopping, he had a cracking start to the season.  Then from mid onwards he slumped to fuck.  Branthwaite deserves it IMO.

 

It's a big risk taking Shaw as well. He might not even make the squad due to his fitness.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Maguire and Grealish out.

 

Oof. Maguire is injured and Grealish has been shite all season.

 

Gareth is being ruthless here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Dunk needs chopping, he had a cracking start to the season.  Then from mid onwards he slumped to fuck.  Branthwaite deserves it IMO.

 

Well that was the kiss of death.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t mind him playing Walker and Stones as CBs. With Trent at RB and Gomez at left back (if Shaw isn’t fit). Especially in the group matches where teams will need breaking down. 

 

Even though I love him, Trippier shouldn’t be there in my opinion. He doesn’t have form or fitness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/06/2024 at 18:49, Kid Dynamite said:

What we thinking then?

 

IMG_1437.thumb.jpeg.0ce51706ea33c9e3335d6ba18a48a5de.jpeg


I don’t think Gordon’s a starter like. Think Bellingham will be pushed further up with Connor Gallagher or TAA alongside Rice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:


I don’t think Gordon’s a starter like. Think Bellingham will be pushed further up with Connor Gallagher or TAA alongside Rice. 


I agree - Bellingham is down as a forward rather than midfielder in the squad list which probably nods to how Southgate sets them up with Bellingham as his number 10 and foden out wide. I think it’s a mistake. I’d much rather see Gordon or Eze in the side than Connor Gallagher 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would have Branthwaite in over Dunk.  Think he's been a lot more consistent this season.

Wharton I think on recent form deserves his place, but it feels a little too heavy on CDM players?  MGW I would have said deserves a chance?

Think Trafford deserves his place over Henderson, I sort of understand him selecting Ramsdale.

Toney, has he been selected for pens?  Who else would be selected?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:


I agree - Bellingham is down as a forward rather than midfielder in the squad list which probably nods to how Southgate sets them up with Bellingham as his number 10 and foden out wide. I think it’s a mistake. I’d much rather see Gordon or Eze in the side than Connor Gallagher 


Foden a better player than Bellingham for me. He shouldn't be sat out wide 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not sure Southgate has ever fully fancied Grealish tbh and he’s now got good reason not to take him. Surprised with no Maguire but you suspect that’ll be the end of his international career now. All in all, the squad is as expected; chocka with attacking talent and very threadbare with quality at the back. You’re going to need an unbelievable tournament from Pickford, Stones and Walker to win it. Probably from Rice as well since he’s going to be going backwards more than forwards 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:


Foden a better player than Bellingham for me. He shouldn't be sat out wide 

I would play Foden 10 and Bellingham 8

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’m not sure Southgate has ever fully fancied Grealish tbh and he’s now got good reason not to take him. Surprised with no Maguire but you suspect that’ll be the end of his international career now. All in all, the squad is as expected; chocka with attacking talent and very threadbare with quality at the back. You’re going to need an unbelievable tournament from Pickford, Stones and Walker to win it. Probably from Rice as well since he’s going to be going backwards more than forwards 


Apparently its the injury of Maguire, he wouldn't be near fit until latter stages.  If he was fit he would have gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I would play Foden 10 and Bellingham 8

 

yup, i don't think southgate agrees though. i can see him starting gallagher alongside rice, pushing bellingham higher up the pitch and foden out wide.

 

i expect gallagher to be this tournament's kalvin phillips. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not sure Southgate particularly fancies Foden either tbh.. Gallagher might start alongside Rice… If that’s the case and if Southgate grows a pair and ignores the press AG might just get the LW spot… one thing is for sure it would be a mistake to shoehorn Bellingham and Foden in… unless it’s Saka who makes way? 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

 

yup, i don't think southgate agrees though. i can see him starting gallagher alongside rice, pushing bellingham higher up the pitch and foden out wide.

 

i expect gallagher to be this tournament's kalvin phillips. 

Just play Rice in front of the defence and let Foden and Bellingham work between them when to hang back and push up. They are both intelligent players and operate better centrally.

 

that way you can accommodate Gordon wide left to stretch their defence and create opportunities.


He may as well go for broke, as no one is expecting England to attack games. He won’t do this though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

 

If you're after free kicks with 20 mins to go then Gordon can do that job. I am surprised he chose Eze over him. Eze is dangerous but holds onto the ball far too long.

Edited by Holden McGroin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.