Coldplay

LeazesMag

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satriani is much much much more detrimental to music than Coldplay will ever be.

He's fucking dreadful. Widdly-widdly-widdly-widdly. That's basically what he sounds like. I'm sure he's a technically brilliant guitar player, but trying to see how many notes you can fit into a second is no fun for anyone.

both are the equivalent of smarmy kids you never liked at school. one because he's excellent at all the technical stuff but is too much of a show off (satriani), the other because they are a plodding dull idiot that thinks he's better than he actually is and nicks other more talented kids ideas (coldplay).

:razz:

both are the equivalent of smarmy kids you never liked at school. one because he's excellent at all the technical stuff but is too much of a show off (satriani), the other because they are a plodding dull idiot that thinks he's better than he actually is and nicks other more talented kids ideas (coldplay).

I agree. The bits in brackets weren't really necessary like. I remember a few kids at school being into Steve Vai as well. Absolutely fucking shit.

I remember a few kids at school being into Steve Vai as well.

:razz: We had a few of them too. He had one decent album IIRC, but only when he got an actual vocalist in to help him write some actual songs.

Coldplay bore the balls of me, anything that could possibly make them disappear and limit the risk of me having to hear them would be greatly appreciated

"everything was all yellow" ... jesus

To be fair, the sheer awfulness of that song prejudiced (jaundiced?) me against them right from the start. They've come up with the occasional decent song since then, but I'd rather not admit it. :razz:

:razz: We had a few of them too. He had one decent album IIRC, but only when he got an actual vocalist in to help him write some actual songs.

Are you kidding mme? Sex and Religion was a shiteous album of unparalleled proportions.

Passion and Warfare, now that's and album.

:(

Are you kidding mme? Sex and Religion was a shiteous album of unparalleled proportions.

Passion and Warfare, now that's and album.

That's the only one I've heard I think :(

Coldplay are the musical equivalent of 'Friends'.

Amen.

If that's the case Chris Martin is Pheebs.

does that mean I would do Chris Martin?

"do him!" do him? Or just do him?

in a stink up her smelly cat kind of way.

Amen.

Gwyneth Paltrow's his smelly cat right? Stink her right up.

Amen.

Gwyneth Paltrow's his smelly cat right? Stink her right up.

;):aye:

• 3 months later...
Joe Satriani is suing them.

I'm think he may be in his rights, either way I have one of his Ibanez signature guitars so I hope he wins :lol:

Coldplay have denied, in a US federal court, that they copied parts of rock guitarist Joe Satriani's music for their hit song, Viva La Vida.

Lawyers for the band argue that any similarities between the song and Satriani's If I Could Fly were not enough to warrant damages.

Mr Satriani sued Coldplay in December, claiming they had used "substantial, original portions" of his 2004 song.

He is seeking a jury trial, damages and "any and all profits" from the song.

In court papers filed in Los Angeles, Coldplay also claim Mr Satriani's song "lacks originality" and should not receive copyright protection.

The guitarist's lawyer, Howard E King, said Coldplay's response was typical for copyright infringement cases and he reiterated that he thought the matter could have been resolved without legal action.

Following Mr Satriani's claim in December, Coldplay said in a statement on their website that the 52-year-old "did not write or have any influence on the song".

"If there are any similarities between our two pieces of music, they are entirely coincidental and just as surprising to us as to him," they added.

Coldplay are currently in the middle of a world tour promoting their latest album Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends.

:lol:

Good to hear Coldplay admit their music is wholly unoriginal, plagiarised or not.

...and it seems Thompers was right all along...

Coldplay's Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends was the best-selling album of 2008 worldwide, figures show.

But then...

The cast of Mamma Mia! The Movie, including Meryl Streep, were at number three

So I'm not sure who would take that as any kind of endorsement?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7893172.stm

I'm think he may be in his rights, either way I have one of his Ibanez signature guitars so I hope he wins :lol:

Coldplay have denied, in a US federal court, that they copied parts of rock guitarist Joe Satriani's music for their hit song, Viva La Vida.

Lawyers for the band argue that any similarities between the song and Satriani's If I Could Fly were not enough to warrant damages.

Mr Satriani sued Coldplay in December, claiming they had used "substantial, original portions" of his 2004 song.

In court papers filed in Los Angeles, Coldplay also claim Mr Satriani's song "lacks originality" and should not receive copyright protection.

The guitarist's lawyer, Howard E King, said Coldplay's response was typical for copyright infringement cases and he reiterated that he thought the matter could have been resolved without legal action.

Following Mr Satriani's claim in December, Coldplay said in a statement on their website that the 52-year-old "did not write or have any influence on the song".

"If there are any similarities between our two pieces of music, they are entirely coincidental and just as surprising to us as to him," they added.

Coldplay are currently in the middle of a world tour promoting their latest album Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends.

:lol:

Good to hear Coldplay admit their music is wholly unoriginal, plagiarised or not.

It's clear they nicked the core song.

:blush:

It's clear they nicked the core song.

Gwyneth needs the $$$'s to fight the shampoo industry. :lol: