BBC FA Cup flashback

MattM4

I remember this day so well :lol:

- Bobby's first season in charge

- The team had turned a corner

- back at the old Wembley again, under the sun

- We had a great chance to win

- with Villa waiting in the final

- the team performed so valiantly, but we lost.

One of the biggest downers I have ever felt following the toon, was worse than the finals, and Bobby's interview after the game was brilliant he summed up what every fan was feeling and brought a little tear to my eye.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/4744448.stm

_41421940_chelsea_newcastle_416.gif

Two dodgy goals from Chelski aswell. Offside and a free kick that was taken with the ball still moving IIRC.

And I went mental for Rob Lee's goal

Edited by David Icke - Son of God

I was there and still to this day can not remember celebrating a goal like I did for Rob Lee's header...

109271[/snapback]

Aye, we went fucking beserk when he scored, people were falling over each other left, right and centre. Best team lost © Jose

Anyone expecting anything other than a humbling defeat tonight? :lol:

109280[/snapback]

I will be prouldy walking into the pub tonight with my toon shirt on, almost 100% certain of being the only NUFC supporter there. I am firmly ready for the worse.

I've managed to end up agreeing to run a pub quiz tonight. They'd better have a telly. :lol:

109284[/snapback]

I've decided to make the train trip to Stuttgart to watch it. I already know that I will regret it.

I fancy us to get a draw, 0-0.

Craig Moore will prove he's been worth the wait and put in a performance worthy of his namesake Bobby.

:lol:

Edited by David Icke - Son of God

Oh aye, we'll probably get to finally see Moore tonight, won't we?  How exciting! ;):lol:

109293[/snapback]

If they are showing Gus Poyet in the pre-match commentary and later Craig Moore is coming on then they better only serve my beer in paper cups...

In the local tonight to watch it. Having to get there early cos no doubt the place will be full of the buggers that never usually go there mid-week (will be the same when the world cup is on no doubt). Calm acceptance pretty much sums it up at the minute.

I can still clearly remember getting the tube back to central London after that match discussing the game with Chelsea fans who kept on repeating "it's goals that count, innit". Wankers! :lol:

Spot on, a great performance, the same as the quarter final at their place a couple of years later. We lost both.

We are due some luck against these cockney twats and if we get it tonight it squares it up a bit

Not least that, I have no doubt we would have beaten Villa in the 2000 final

Spot on, a great performance, the same as the quarter final at their place a couple of years later. We lost both.

We are due some luck against these cockney twats and if we get it tonight it squares it up a bit

Not least that, I have no doubt we would have beaten Villa in the 2000 final

109346[/snapback]

I think that's what hurts the most - we would have beaten Villa, without a doubt.

I just worry about tonight. After L'pool showed what they can do last night, I fear Chewsee will want to do the same this evening and we could well be in for a hammering. Here's hoping though.

hitzfeldforspartans.com