Favourite current TV shows

Jimbo

I can't think of ANYTHING right now that I make a special effort to watch.

I usually see Planet Earth, and I watch a bit of Football, but not always, not every single game etc.

If we lose, I don't bother watching Football First or Match of the Day, so there's quite a number of those I've not seen.

I do watch telly, but not nowhere near as much as I used to, and as I say, there's not much I make an effort to watch.

I listen to the radio, and use the internet much more than I watch the telly.

That seems quite strange, because 10, 5, even a couple of years ago there was always TV programmes that were unmissible. That's just not the case at the moment.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 - Over halfway through S5

Lost S2

Scrubs S5

American Dad

Prison Break - Up to Ep 15 IIRC

Family Guy S5

American Dad S2 (Although that's open to debate)

My Name Is Earl

Planet Earth

The Mighty Boosh (Hopefully there'll be a season 3)

British TV is really naff at the minute.

Edited by Sima

I dont watch a great deal of TV. Mainly use the net or listen to radio. Favourite programs recently are..

Desperate housewives

Looking forward to Lost series 2 (so those that have already watched it, please dont put any spoilers here)!

American chopper. American Hot Rod.

Biker build off.

Top Gear

Poirot

Shameless, i got into this late on, i love it!! Brilliant program, probably my favourite right now. Still many episodes i havent seen because of work, think i'll have to buy the complete series to date.

Six feet under

if im bored i'll watch any old re-run of River cottage/Red Dwarf/Ray Mears Bushcraft

Documentarys...anything about space/genetics/murders/aliens/strange people...so on and so on :o

EDIT:

I forgot MOTD and weekend westcountry match, which is a strange program late on tues nights covering how our 3 local teams have got on...Torquay, Exeter and Plymouth, each week its broadcast from a different local pub :o

Better mention X factor aswell i suppose :o ....i have to admit to really enjoying watching the early stages covering the auditions, it makes me cringe but its hilarious TV :o

Edited by Toonraider

I dont watch a great deal of TV. Mainly use the net or listen to radio. Favourite programs recently are..

Desperate housewives

Looking forward to Lost series 2 (so those that have already watched it, please dont put any spoilers here)!

Biker build off.

Top Gear

Poirot

Shameless, i got into this late on, i love it!! Brilliant program, probably my favourite right now. Still many episodes i havent seen because of work, think i'll have to buy the complete series to date.

Six feet under

if im bored i'll watch any old re-run of River cottage/Red Dwarf/Ray Mears Bushcraft

Documentarys...anything about space/genetics/murders/aliens/strange people...so on and so on  :o

EDIT:

I forgot MOTD and weekend westcountry match, which is a strange program late on tues nights covering how our 3 local teams have got on...Torquay, Exeter and Plymouth, each week its broadcast from a different local pub  :o

Better mention X factor aswell i suppose  :o ....i have to admit to really enjoying watching the early stages covering the auditions, it makes me cringe but its hilarious TV  :o

112086[/snapback]

:o

But APART from Desperate housewives, Lost, American chopper, American Hot Rod, Biker build off, Top Gear, Poirot, Shameless, Six feet under, River cottage, Red Dwarf, Ray Mears Bushcraft ,Documentarys, anything about space/genetics/murders/aliens/strange people, MOTD, weekend westcountry match and X factor *deep breath* WHAT has the tv ever done for us?

Desperate housewives

Biker build off.

Top Gear

Poirot

Six feet under

Documentarys...anything about space/genetics/murders/aliens/strange people...so on and so on  :o

EDIT:

I forgot MOTD and weekend westcountry match, which is a strange program late on tues nights covering how our 3 local teams have got on...Torquay, Exeter and Plymouth, each week its broadcast from a different local pub  :o

Better mention X factor aswell i suppose  :blush: ....i have to admit to really enjoying watching the early stages covering the auditions, it makes me cringe but its hilarious TV  :icon_lol:

112086[/snapback]

But APART from Desperate housewives, Lost, American chopper, American Hot Rod, Biker build off, Top Gear, Poirot, Shameless, Six feet under, River cottage, Red Dwarf, Ray Mears Bushcraft ,Documentarys, anything about space/genetics/murders/aliens/strange people, MOTD, weekend westcountry match and X factor *deep breath* WHAT has the tv ever done for us?

112093[/snapback]

:o:o:o

The actress who plays Dr Caroline Todd in Green Wing, Tamsin Grieg (she was also in Black Books).

Anyone else find her strangely attractive?

112104[/snapback]

:o Aye.

I never got Seinfeld either. My mate loves it so I tried to watch a few but never really got into it, same with Frasier (even though I loved Cheers).

The only thing I make sure I watch/tape every week at the moment are The Apprentice and the NHL on C5. Loads of shite I've got no inclination to watch on tele at the moment imo. The only soaps I watch are Neighbours (out of duty nowadays and not because I enjoy it) and Hollyoaks, not just for the blart either. I find myself reading more and more while the Mrs watches random shite.

Desperate housewives

Biker build off.

Top Gear

Poirot

Six feet under

EDIT:

Better mention X factor aswell i suppose  :icon_lol: ....i have to admit to really enjoying watching the early stages covering the auditions, it makes me cringe but its hilarious TV  :o

112086[/snapback]

112093[/snapback]

i know it looks alot, but my viewing is very spread out :o

Apart from documentaries and football, I don't watch much tv mesel.

Aha! other than Deal/No deal, that is - with the sound off (listening to that dwarf witter on about 'tactics' and 'brave contestants' is just too much).

peep show deserves a mention too. best british comedy for some time imo

112321[/snapback]

Says ALOT about british comedy then. :razz:

112476[/snapback]

Prefer German stuff now eh? :lol:

112321[/snapback]

Says ALOT about british comedy then. B)

112476[/snapback]

Prefer German stuff now eh? :razz:

112478[/snapback]

Can you fucking imagine what German comedy must be like?! :lol:

Shameless is class like.  It's like an at-home in mancy's street....

112499[/snapback]

The bloke wot plays Frank Gallagher went to the same school as my mate and (somewhat more illustriously) the BeeGees. FACTZILLA!

112321[/snapback]

Says ALOT about british comedy then. B)

112476[/snapback]

Prefer German stuff now eh? :razz:

112478[/snapback]

Can you fucking imagine what German comedy must be like?! :lol:

112495[/snapback]

I don't have to. And bugger me, it's harsh. :D

Most of it seems to revolve around this fella, who obviously is comedy:

4610298,tid=d.jpg
Edited by Meenzer

I don't have to. And bugger me, it's harsh. :lol:

4610298,tid=d.jpg

112548[/snapback]

That's almost exactly the image I have of GF, am I wrong?

Watched a show called Scrubs the other day, found it canny funny if not a bit too slick if you know what I mean. Don't think I'll go out and buy the series.

112545[/snapback]

Welcome to 2001

I don't have to. And bugger me, it's harsh. :razz:

4610298,tid=d.jpg

112548[/snapback]

That's almost exactly the image I have of GF, am I wrong?

112557[/snapback]

:lol: