Theirry Henry

Howaythetoon

His pace...

See him take on Vieira and Zebina as if they weren't there? And they are no slouches.

What a player he has been and still is.

I hope he stays at Arsenal, could watch him all day long.

Just think, KK tried to buy him and Pires.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His pace...

See him take on Vieira and Zebina as if they weren't there? And they are no slouches.

What a player he has been and still is.

I hope he stays at Arsenal, could watch him all day long.

Just think, KK tried to buy him and Pires.

111501[/snapback]

The original Shola Ameobi eh?

It would be a sad day for English football if he goes abroad.

111503[/snapback]

Aye. Pleasure to watch.

Normally I'd say a Henry-less Arsenal is better for us, but we are that far behind whether he stays or goes it doesn't matter so I hope he stays.

Best player to have played in the Premiership IMO. 25 goals this season again and probably that many in assists as well. Frightening. I still think he can improve too.

Did we really try and buy him and Pires, when was it?

Along similar (but less high-profile) lines wasn't Robson very close to signing Senderos?

111508[/snapback]

KK certainly had them watched and we were linked with them, I think we actually had a bid for Pires turned down by Metz.

I remember Pires when he played for Metz, never quite rated him, we were linked with another French player, Micoud who was supposed to be the next Zidane. Think he's in Germany now.

Don't know about Senderos like.

Maybe Craig or Alex can verify as they're usally knowledgeable about these things.

It would be a sad day for English football if he goes abroad.

111503[/snapback]

Aye. Pleasure to watch.

Normally I'd say a Henry-less Arsenal is better for us, but we are that far behind whether he stays or goes it doesn't matter so I hope he stays.

Best player to have played in the Premiership IMO. 25 goals this season again and probably that many in assists as well. Frightening. I still think he can improve too.

111506[/snapback]

We're 11 points behind Arsenal, and we've had a shocking season thanks to us persevering with Souness. Without Henry, I can't see Arsenal being much ahead of us this season.

That said, he is a pleasure to watch and I don't mind if he stays at Arsenal. Worst case scenario is he goes to Chelsea though.

Along similar (but less high-profile) lines wasn't Robson very close to signing Senderos?

111508[/snapback]

KK certainly had them watched and we were linked with them, I think we actually had a bid for Pires turned down by Metz.

I remember Pires when he played for Metz, never quite rated him, we were linked with another French player, Micoud who was supposed to be the next Zidane. Think he's in Germany now.

Maybe Craig or Alex can verify as they're usally knowledgeable about these things.

111512[/snapback]

I can remember us being linked with Dugarry and Patrice Loko quite a bit during the Keegan years too.

111508[/snapback]

111512[/snapback]

I can remember us being linked with Dugarry and Patrice Loko quite a bit during the Keegan years too.

111515[/snapback]

Loko, the former Inter Milan player? He was a crazy bastid apparently, would have been fun and games with him and Tino up front :o

Never rated that Dugarry. We nearly signed Boksic I remember that.

Can anyone remember those South American players who played for Roma and Inter? Soso/Sosa and Fonseca? We were linked with those as well.

Some find Leazes. So Dalglish was after him as well?

He would have been worth every penny like if his time at Arsenal is to go buy.

111520[/snapback]

Can't recall Keegan being after either tbh, although when we played Metz, Pires was definitely in our spotlight at the time. Maybe Keegan did, but it have made Henry about 17 or 18 at the most. Which is why I went looking but this is all I can find.

111520[/snapback]

Can't recall Keegan being after either tbh, although when we played Metz, Pires was definitely in our spotlight at the time. Maybe Keegan did, but it have made Henry about 17 or 18 at the most. Which is why I went looking but this is all I can find.

111521[/snapback]

Probably my memory playing tricks. Could have sworn we were after Henry, he would have been about 17/18 at the time aye, he ws playing for Monaco at 16 I think. Again, could be wrong though. We were linked to that many players during the KK years.

111520[/snapback]

111521[/snapback]

Probably my memory playing tricks. Could have sworn we were after Henry, he would have been about 17/18 at the time aye, he ws playing for Monaco at 16 I think. Again, could be wrong though. We were linked to that many players during the KK years.

111524[/snapback]

I'm convinced we were too, back when him and Trezeguet were both at Monaco.

He is awesome and always a sportsman.

Its such a shame 95% of the Premier League (Also others IMO) dont look at him and take note. How many times do you see him loose his rag, or fall about the place or cheat?

Drogba etc take note you useless twats!

We were definitely linked with Pires when we played Metz some time ago in the UEFA when KK was manager. I think we were quoted about £6-7million which was mega-bucks then and he was nowhere near the finished article at the time. I don't remember us going for Henry but KK tried to get Weah before he went to Milan.

We were definitely linked with Pires when we played Metz some time ago in the UEFA when KK was manager. I think we were quoted about £6-7million which was mega-bucks then and he was nowhere near the finished article at the time. I don't remember us going for Henry but KK tried to get Weah before he went to Milan.

111563[/snapback]

Aha! The Weah deal was agreed and he was about to sign for us (after telling us he would come) then he changed his mind at the last second and went to Meelan (as these ponses on the media insist on calling them).

Surgeon Hall went ballistic with the whole episode iirc and PSG were in the dog house which is why we got to sign Robert so easily (albeit for £10m)- as appeasement following the Weah deal.

And I also think it was the failure to be allowed to sign Pepe Signiori which made KK leave.

As we seem to be digressing somewhat, can I just mention spaghetti? :o

I remember Keegan trying to sign Baggio, Weah (which really pissed him off) and Boksic (who was the other player he was looking at when he signed Asprilla - plumped for Tino as he had more desire to come to Newcastle).

Don't remember us being linked with Del Piero, Henry or Signori - probably were at some point like.

The one that cracks me up is what KK said about Douglas Hall in his autobiography when Deadly Doug tried to sign Baggio and Bergkamp in one hit.

"I was away at the time, and he (Hall) flew out with Terry McDermott in a private plane and simply walked into the Juventus club offices without an appointment and announced that he wanted to sign Baggio. They were told to wait, and wait is what they did, until Terry finally persuaded a reluctant Douglas that it was time to leave. They did not talk to a soul in authority all day. I do not mean to belittle Douglas. He was simply a punter who suddenly found himself in charge of the club he loved with the power to buy the sort of players he'd always dreamed about.

:o

Aha! The Weah deal was agreed and he was about to sign for us (after telling us he would come) then he changed his mind at the last second and went to Meelan (as these ponses on the media insist on calling them).

Surgeon Hall went ballistic with the whole episode iirc and PSG were in the dog house which is why we got to sign Robert so easily (albeit for £10m)- as appeasement following the Weah deal.

111573[/snapback]

Was it not the Ginola signing that was the sweetener from PSG?

Of course Ginola was only 2nd choice behind John Salako... :o