Theirry Henry

Howaythetoon

Regarding Henry's pace - he isn't small, agile and nippy - when he just shoots ahead it looks like he isn't exerting any effort. Almost is if you don't notice his pace.

112013[/snapback]

The bloke is so graceful. His feet seem to barely make contact with the floor when he runs or with the ball when he's controlling it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Henry's pace - he isn't small, agile and nippy - when he just shoots ahead it looks like he isn't exerting any effort. Almost is if you don't notice his pace.

112013[/snapback]

The bloke is so graceful. His feet seem to barely make contact with the floor when he runs or with the ball when he's controlling it.

112034[/snapback]

With other quick players like Bellamy, Dyer et al, you can see them busting a gut to get to their speeds, but Henry just seems to skip and glide. Effortless. Awesome sight seeing him nudge the ball forwards and skin two players without even breaking sweat.

It was Ginola who was the sweetner. We tried to sign Weah back in May 1995 and Ginola signed a few months later..

I'm glad we didn't get him - I thought he was gash when he played for Chelsea a couple of years later - Sir Les was a far better acquisition... :o

Didn't we try to sign Ginola and when it looked like it was stalling switched our attentions to Salako only to go back in for Ginola when Salako failed his medical?

111606[/snapback]

George Weah gash? :o :o :o

Weah scored the best goal I've ever seen. Picked the ball up in his own box, then beat the entire opposing team (Verona?) to slot it home.

112058[/snapback]

We were just talking about that in the pub tonight.

But back on topic I have very (and I mean very) vague recolections of tabloid stories of us being in for Pires and Henry.

The funny thing is, in the First Round we came across Freddie Ljungberg at Halmstads. Just think how the course of English football would have changed if we'd signed those 3 rather than Arsenal!

112089[/snapback]

We'd have turned them to shite and Wenger would have went and got three other players and turned them into top players too, more than likely.

The funny thing is, in the First Round we came across Freddie Ljungberg at Halmstads. Just think how the course of English football would have changed if we'd signed those 3 rather than Arsenal!

112089[/snapback]

We'd have turned them to shite and Wenger would have went and got three other players and turned them into top players too, more than likely.

112095[/snapback]

no doubt about it wullie, its a curse i tell thee!

112089[/snapback]

Are you sure he played, though? i don't remember him playing. :o I think he was a bit too young back then.

But back on topic I have very (and I mean very) vague recolections of tabloid stories of us being in for Pires and Henry.

112083[/snapback]

Knowing NUFC it was probably someone called Henry Pires :o

112083[/snapback]

Knowing NUFC it was probably someone called Henry Pires :lol:

112123[/snapback]

Lionel Perez