The Demon Drink

spongebob toonpants

Being sober on a night out is the way forward people! Ive never lost a fight against a really drunk man in my life!

139573[/snapback]

see I've never had a fight in years! Despite drinking like a fish.

there's a massive difference between drinking and going out to get drunk. Sobriety might be bags of fun for you, but it's not a "one or the other" option for me. It's not a choice between getting wankered or staying sober, it's that I go out and have a few drinks with some friends.sure occasionally I have a bit more than I should but I don't think I'd have more fun if I stayed sober.

I certainly wouldn't have as many useless beer trophies, like a two wheeled skateboard which lights up, a kettle with no base, a hoola hoop, a bowler hat, a Craig David mask etc. etc.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
Being sober on a night out is the way forward people! Ive never lost a fight against a really drunk man in my life!

139573[/snapback]

:icon_lol: I hope you're taking the piss.

Haven't been out since last wed and i won't be until the bank holiday, although i took it steady when i was out so i don't reckon that classifies as a proper night out :icon_lol:

course I sip it, you don't chug it down your throat.

My current favourites are, in no particular order.

Absolut Kurant

Courvoisier

Laphroaig

you need to savour it.

139489[/snapback]

That's the stuff, oh hell yeah, lush, lush, lush. On a par with Glenfiddich Solera Reserve.

Guest alex

Absolut Kurant

Courvoisier

Laphroaig

you need to savour it.

139489[/snapback]

That's the stuff, oh hell yeah, lush, lush, lush. On a par with Glenfiddich Solera Reserve.

139776[/snapback]

Went to Mull recently and tried Tobermory Single Malt, very nice indeed. Bought a 'souvenir' bottle. I find Laphroaig a bit too peaty tbh. I think the Islay Malts are a taste I need to acquire :icon_lol:

Absolut Kurant

Courvoisier

Laphroaig

you need to savour it.

139489[/snapback]

139776[/snapback]

Went to Mull recently and tried Tobermory Single Malt, very nice indeed. Bought a 'souvenir' bottle. I find Laphroaig a bit too peaty tbh. I think the Islay Malts are a taste I need to acquire :icon_lol:

139781[/snapback]

Aye she's canny heady. Me and me father were drinking it on his birthday and me mam var nigh had to leave the room the aroma was so thick.

On a related note, try going to Italy and drinking malt. They sell it at disgusting young ages there, had a 5 year old Glen Grant, which is canny light to start with, this stuff was nearly clear, but not totally unpleasant.

Guest alex
I'm going to Italy next month, I'll keep an eye out.

139792[/snapback]

Whereabouts?

139797[/snapback]

It's a rented villa in Umbria quite near Assisi.

Guest alex
She'll be canny warm there next month.  I should be going across to the lakes for work/lazing sometime either in July or August depending on whether my boss other there pulls his finger out.

139803[/snapback]

It's 500m above sea level so the night should be quite cool (relatively). Can't wait tbh.