The Demon Drink

spongebob toonpants

I think one of the problems with giving up drink is taking it up again. It'll be like being 14 again when you'd be pissed after 3 sips of Carling..

119283[/snapback]

Normally happens when you lay off it for a week tbh. :lol:

119286[/snapback]

Is it possible to get pissed on Carling?

I remember at Uni they had this piss water called Trent beer or something - about 3% abv. I drank 20 cans once and didn't feel remotely tipsy, although I had to piss a lot, obviously.

119290[/snapback]

20 Kaliber shandys tbh.

In response to the other thing: I've not said I'm off the drink, I said I could! I wouldn't be drinking J2O though. I'm a diet coke man when I'm not quaffing the Pimms.

119297[/snapback]

How gay is that? :D

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the problems with giving up drink is taking it up again. It'll be like being 14 again when you'd be pissed after 3 sips of Carling..

119283[/snapback]

Normally happens when you lay off it for a week tbh. :blink:

119286[/snapback]

Is it possible to get pissed on Carling?

I remember at Uni they had this piss water called Trent beer or something - about 3% abv. I drank 20 cans once and didn't feel remotely tipsy, although I had to piss a lot, obviously.

119290[/snapback]

20 Kaliber shandys tbh.

In response to the other thing: I've not said I'm off the drink, I said I could! I wouldn't be drinking J2O though. I'm a diet coke man when I'm not quaffing the Pimms.

119297[/snapback]

How gay is that? :D

119302[/snapback]

How gay is what? I have NEVER seen a man order a J2O!! :lol:

How gay is what?  I have NEVER seen a man order a J2O!! :D

119306[/snapback]

I like the taste! But howay, Kaliber, Pimms, and diet coke! :lol:

119313[/snapback]

You muppet! I was accusing you of drinking 20 Kaliber shandys, and the Pimms reference was a play on the fact that you'd used the word quaffing earlier on in the thread. I don't drink Pimms you tool!

So what it boils down to is I drink diet coke when not drinking, and you drink puffy bottled fruit juice. Who's the daddy now then? Eh? EH??? :blink:

How gay is what?  I have NEVER seen a man order a J2O!! :D

119306[/snapback]

I like the taste! But howay, Kaliber, Pimms, and diet coke! :blink:

119313[/snapback]

You muppet! I was accusing you of drinking 20 Kaliber shandys, and the Pimms reference was a play on the fact that you'd used the word quaffing earlier on in the thread. I don't drink Pimms you tool!

So what it boils down to is I drink diet coke when not drinking, and you drink puffy bottled fruit juice. Who's the daddy now then? Eh? EH??? ;)

119320[/snapback]

:lol:

FFS this thread is so close to pushng me off the wagon!

Does anyone ever get the 'fear' after they've had a couple of heavy days on the drink etc. Like you've done something you shouldn't have but you know you haven't but you can't stop being paranoid about it, maybe it's just me

118956[/snapback]

Like touching up the gangsters moll in the bar on Friday, nah you and your kneecaps have got nowt to worry about man! :D

I want to know what % kilkennys are  ;)

4 pints of that and I was worse off than the night I had 4 Desperados (5.9%) and 2 tequilas  :blink:

I miss Germany.  :(

119392[/snapback]

About 4.5%

119395[/snapback]

:(

I want to know what % kilkennys are  ;)

4 pints of that and I was worse off than the night I had 4 Desperados (5.9%) and 2 tequilas  :blink:

I miss Germany.  :(

119392[/snapback]

You should go out on the lash with that Mark person.

Bringing up Whacky's post about the "fears", yes, I know exactly what you mean. That and the hangover are the main things that usually stop me getting rat-arsed nowadays. The heebie jeebies, accompanied with flashbacks, which you can't be sure are false memories or not. Terrible.

Although I occasionally still do it, getting totally rat-arsed isn't that good in my opinion (and it never has been). It's nice to have a canny drink, especially with a bit of food, but getting so drunk you don't know what you're doing is just unpleasant. Plenty people around town seem to love doing it like.

Although I occasionally still do it, getting totally rat-arsed isn't that good in my opinion (and it never has been). It's nice to have a canny drink, especially with a bit of food, but getting so drunk you don't know what you're doing is just unpleasant. Plenty people around town seem to love doing it like.

119404[/snapback]

I know what you mean....but its hard to stop sometimes. Guess that comes with age. ;)

119404[/snapback]

I know what you mean....but its hard to stop sometimes. Guess that comes with age. :blink:

119408[/snapback]

Not always. ;)

The problem is those days when you're on the piss all day, say a wedding. I will feel fine and relatively sober for most the day/night, but unless I'm really careful and count drinks, eventually it will hit me and I will become a gibbering idiot (worse than normal I mean).

I think as you get older and more mature you learn to a) pace yourself b ) know when to stop. My best mate however has real trouble with this, especially b, as those at the last piss up will have witnessed.

Totally agree re: the fear. When I was younger I did a few things I shouldn't have, and some of the comedowns were fucking horrendous. No-one told me that by the time I hit my mid-twenties those would be known as "hangovers".

I think as you get older and more mature you learn to a) pace yourself b ) know when to stop. My best mate however has real trouble with this, especially b, as those at the last piss up will have witnessed.

119427[/snapback]

He was very falling over.

I feel I wasn't much beyond him to be honest, especially when I got out again later on. Looking back I'm still not sure quite what happened. I remember Peter Ramage being taller than he appears on the telly.

119427[/snapback]

I feel I wasn't much beyond him to be honest, especially when I got out again later on. Looking back I'm still not sure quite what happened. I remember Peter Ramage being taller than he appears on the telly.

119431[/snapback]

Was he at the piss up?

119427[/snapback]

119431[/snapback]

Was he at the piss up?

119432[/snapback]

Turned up for my mates birthday in Beyond.