Burra

Guest CrimsonFault

"The place for the defending cup holder is only used when that team has not otherwise qualified for either the Champions League or the UEFA Cup. If this place is not used then the cup winner of the 11th country on the country ranking list will gain direct access to the 1st round round, and the cup winners of the 25th and 26th country on the country ranking list will gain direct access to the 2nd qualifying round."

128873[/snapback]

What the fuck does THAT mean? ;)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike the CL, there is a specific 'holder' place in the competition, so Boro winning it would not affect the other English sides looking to enter.

128879[/snapback]

Why didn't you just say that in the first place? ;)

128881[/snapback]

What he said. :razz: And what Bizza said. :angry:

That'll allow me to sleep a bit easier. The thought of them both winning that AND denying us Europe on the same night would be too much to take.

The other bad thing is that we could well do with the Smoggies getting a result against Bolton.

But they will play a game every two days until the final. So I doubt they will face their first team players a lot...

The Steaua manager is an idiot. It seems pretty obvious that if you try to defend and let the other team attack you for about 80mins they have a pretty good chance of scoring goals. Why didnt they just play their usual game, after all it got them a 2-0 lead to begin with. I really hate it when teams just all out defend as the best form of defence is sometimes attack and the other team cant score if your team has the ball. Did the Steaua manager not watch the Basle game. Lets hope the inbred twats lose the final.

You can't begrudge the players the result because they earned it, but I've got one of them emailing me this morning with "Geordies at home, watching the bill", telling me they're "awesome" and that Macarone is world class.

Needless to say it's the first game he's been to this season.

You can't begrudge the players the result because they earned it, but I've got one of them emailing me this morning with "Geordies at home, watching the bill", telling me they're "awesome" and that Macarone is world class.

Needless to say it's the first game he's been to this season.

128991[/snapback]

Vermin on the radio this morning, first thing out of their mouths: I hope Alan Shearer was watching (howls of laughter)

;)

Even in their finest hour they can't help but be obsessed by us.

Fan collapses in pitch invasion

Thousands saw Boro's win at the Riverside Stadium

A Romanian football fan was treated in hospital after collapsing during a pitch invasion as Middlesbrough secured a place in their first Uefa Cup final.

Boro came back from 3-1 down to win their semi-final game 4-2 against Steaua Bucharest on Thursday.

The Romanian supporter collapsed after he and another man invaded the pitch at the Riverside Stadium on Teesside. He was later released from hospital.

Middlesbrough face Spanish side Sevilla in the final in Eindhoven on 10 May.

Security arrangements

Cleveland Police said five arrests were made for minor public order offences during the night, which saw more than 200 Boro fans still celebrating in the town centre at 0400 GMT on Friday.

A spokesman said: "This was a wonderful night for English football."

Police and club officials were heading for Holland on Friday to discuss security arrangements for the May final.

Last month, three Boro fans were stabbed ahead of the team's Uefa Cup clash with Roma in Rome.

Trouble also flared at a subsequent Uefa tie against Basel in Switzerland.

Overcome by fumes TBH.