ITV Champions League coverage

peasepud

I thought they WERE by the side of the pitch. :lol:

127638[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

so did i :lol:

Andy Townsend really winds me up, he makes me cringe :lol:

Edited by Toonraider

They have always been beside the pitch since ITV decided that was a GREAT innovation in football broadcasting :icon_lol: Quite why they decided it would be good beats me.

Gabby Logan! I would, but sometimes she doesn't half look butch imo. :lol: Maybe a GREAT ITV innovation would be for her to present the show topless?? Just a thought.

they were by the pitch because the ground is so small

The 5Live mob were whining on and on about how little they could see - like they couldn't see one corner nor the techncial area so when a sub was made the first thing they knew was when a player trotted off

127733[/snapback]

They have been doing that pitchside routine for a few games now.

127733[/snapback]

127736[/snapback]

I thought that too.

"I'm very sorry, gentlemen of the media, but our ground is just so small that the only place for you is on a foldy-up table by the side of the pitch. Once the match starts you'll have to fold it up and go and stand out of the way though!" :icon_lol:

127733[/snapback]

127736[/snapback]

I thought that too.

"I'm very sorry, gentlemen of the media, but our ground is just so small that the only place for you is on a foldy-up table by the side of the pitch. Once the match starts you'll have to fold it up and go and stand out of the way though!" :icon_lol:

127738[/snapback]

Whisper it quietly, Rob W is wrong for once !

:lol:

127733[/snapback]

127736[/snapback]

I thought that too.

127738[/snapback]

Whisper it quietly, Rob W is wrong for once !

127741[/snapback]

Okay, I'll be quiet. :lol:

ROB WAS WRONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by catmag

And why isnt the match being broadcast in widescreen ?

boils my piss that

127615[/snapback]

National TV companies oversee the coverage. Widescreen isn't that big in Spain so it isn't filmed that way

127634[/snapback]

Its annoying that. My TV is normal screen, but the freeview box is widescreen , and that whole game had a big black border round the edge rather then a full screen.

127676[/snapback]

so why didnt you watch it on normal telly then? rather than your freeview?

127679[/snapback]

That involves moving the wire out the back of the freeview box and placing it into the TV, then when the match is done replacing said wire. Far too much effort... Especially when later on i can whinge about it to other folk on the internet...

127689[/snapback]

Go into your freeview menu and chnage the picture size. Should give you full screen. Used to piss me off as well.

Joking aside, I cannot believe that some clueless mong thought that Townsend and McCoist were superimposed :icon_lol:

127809[/snapback]

Peasepud reckons Christopher Reeve could actually fly too. Dur duh duh duh durrrrr. Durrrr durrrr durrrrr. Dur duh duh duh durrrrr. SUPERFACT!

It's a pretty awful standard, I generally switch on just before kick off and have the sound down at half time.

And they never show who's on the bench either, which I think is another black mark against them.

And they never show who's on the bench either, which I think is another black mark against them.

127867[/snapback]

McCoist and Townsend are normally stood in the way. :icon_lol::lol:

127871[/snapback]

Well Townsend is an uber media whore these days!

Joking aside, I cannot believe that some clueless mong thought that Townsend and McCoist were superimposed :icon_lol:

127809[/snapback]

Peasepud reckons Christopher Reeve could actually fly too. Dur duh duh duh durrrrr. Durrrr durrrr durrrrr. Dur duh duh duh durrrrr. SUPERFACT!

127824[/snapback]

He can now.

127809[/snapback]

127824[/snapback]

And that Noel Edmonds is superimposed onto the set of Deal No Deal. Because the boxes are so small apparently (according to Rob W)