Press Conference at 6.........

nufc1984

from nufc.co.uk

NEWCASTLE United today announced they had officially ended their interest in trying to sign Nicolas Anelka - at the request of his club Fenerbahce.

Owen it is then

9970[/snapback]

:P

So this good news is "we're not signing Anelka"? :drinks:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A press conference to announce we've officially ended our interest in trying to sign a player?  Nah that can't be right surely?

9974[/snapback]

It's surely for the Radio deal. Has this press conference bit been made up? All I've heard is the fact that they'll be an announcement on the radio.

If it's the radio deal, that really is taking the proverbial.

9980[/snapback]

Can someome please give me a source of where this press conference rumour has come from please?

There will be an announcement from the club at 6pm ON THE RADIO. Might be the new radio deal eh? :drinks:

9980[/snapback]

Would we be suprised though??

(certainly not pleasantly) :drinks:

9980[/snapback]

Can someome please give me a source of where this press conference rumour has come from please?

There will be an announcement from the club at 6pm ON THE RADIO. Might be the new radio deal eh? :drinks:

9981[/snapback]

I didn't start the rumour. To qualify my earlier post, IF there is a press conference and IF it's the radio deal, then that is taking the piss. OK?

9980[/snapback]

9981[/snapback]

I didn't start the rumour. To qualify my earlier post, IF there is a press conference and IF it's the radio deal, then that is taking the piss. OK?

9992[/snapback]

Shouldn't really have quoted you, sorry.

9980[/snapback]

9981[/snapback]

9992[/snapback]

Shouldn't really have quoted you, sorry.

9993[/snapback]

That's ok, apology accepted :(

didn't the rumors of the 6pm conference stem from talkofthetyne and fansfc ?

:drinks:

9987[/snapback]

Precisely...

I commented on that but those on here with a bit too much rentention in their anal regions started doing a post mortem on my grammar! :P

I reckon it's going to be either about Dyer extending his contract or we're selling Jenas to Spurs for £9.5mil.

What's the gratuitous sign off for this kind of bollocks? Ah yes, you heard it hear first! :drinks:

Announcement of a radio deal IMO. If it was anything 'important' the likes of SSN would be reporting that we're about to do a press conference....

Isn't 6 when the Legends start? If so, it'll be Eric Gates reading out one of his hysterically unfunny anti-Newcastle emails from Billy in Sunderland, followed by forced laughter from him and Slaven.

Isn't 6 when the Legends start?  If so, it'll be Eric Gates reading out one of his hysterically unfunny anti-Newcastle emails from Billy in Sunderland, followed by forced laughter from him and Slaven.

10013[/snapback]

Followed by you phoning in, saying what a grand job Souness has already made and how he needs more time..... :drinks:

Isn't 6 when the Legends start?  If so, it'll be Eric Gates reading out one of his hysterically unfunny anti-Newcastle emails from Billy in Sunderland, followed by forced laughter from him and Slaven.

10013[/snapback]

Followed by you phoning in, saying what a grand job Souness has already made and how he needs more time..... :drinks:

10017[/snapback]

I can never get through cos you're always on with your legs dangling over the Tyne Bridge telling them you're going to end it all if they don't bring Robert back. :P

10013[/snapback]

10017[/snapback]

I can never get through cos you're always on with your legs dangling over the Tyne Bridge telling them you're going to end it all if they don't bring Robert back. :P

10021[/snapback]

Taken from their website:

100-102 Century FM, the North East’s regional radio station, announced it has become the official commercial radio partner of Newcastle United Football Club, securing an exclusive commentary deal to broadcast home and away games during the 2005/2006 season.

The news comes as Metro Radio announced that they have dropped all football commentary, however Toon fans shouldn’t be disappointed just a flick of the switch to Century FM and fans will be entertained with commentary by the last Newcastle United Captain to lift silverware for the club - North East football Legend Bob Moncur.

"I am privileged to have had the opportunity to play for Newcastle United and it’s an honour to be the last Captain to pick up silverware for the club, so you can imagine my delight when Century FM asked me to commentate on the Toon. I may not be able to pull on my boots and run out for the club but I certainly will be cheering the lads on and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Captain Alan Sheerer collect a trophy" says Bob Moncur.

Home to the hugely successful ‘3 Legends Football Phone-In’ with Malcolm Macdonald, Eric Gates and Bernie Slaven. Bob Moncur & Andy Bayes are set to join Century FM as the official Newcastle United commentary team.

Owen Ryan, Programme Controller for 100-102 Century FM said,

"We are absolutely delighted to be broadcasting both Newcastle United and Middlesbrough football commentary this season. Imagine sitting listening to the team you live and breathe playing top flight football, having every kick described with great passion by a legend from the club – Century FM gives you that experience. This is an ideal link-up for Century FM because it reinforces our commitment to sport in the North East and also offers the opportunity to introduce our brand to a wider audience."

"I am privileged to have had the opportunity to play for Newcastle United and it’s an honour to be the last Captain to pick up silverware for the club, so you can imagine my delight when Century FM asked me to commentate on the Toon. I may not be able to pull on my boots and run out for the club but I certainly will be cheering the lads on and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Captain Alan Sheerer collect a trophy" says Bob Moncur.

10032[/snapback]

Is he doing interviews with Anal O.? If yes why not sign him for the reservers. Just in case Lee Clark gets injured...

Balls,  Where do we listen to this press conferance if you cant get cent? or can you get it on the net>

10039[/snapback]

There won`t be a press conference, it`ll simply be the announcement of Century having the rights to cover our games this season. Hardly big news considering its be on the net all day.