Pete Doherty

LeazesMag

It was never my intention to paint Doherty as anything but a drug fueled fuck up. You asked why I hate him, I hate him because his talent has been frittered away.

His music isn't even that good.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigThompers
Can someone tell me why Pete Doherty is hated so much?

Because you're a half-witted cock-sucking scrotum-savaging sperm-sampling mongrel, and if you like him...

Because he's a fucking prick ?

I was looking for a bit more than that, I dont really get into the whole tabolid celeb life thing. I know he takes drugs, makes music (which I actually really like) and gets arrested for stupid things but I havent heard of anything he has done which makes him stand out more than your regular "off the rails" musician but he seems to get soo much stick.

Was just wondering if I had missed something?

That's fine, your opinion of him is tainted by your affection for his music, my opinion of him is tainted by me finding him possibly the most repugnant little cretin I can think of.

But why do you think that? I admit I am more "on his side" because I like his music but then I know a lot of people who are much like him but dont have the media attention so don't get caught/get stuff made up doing what he apparently does. I know people who spend every weekend coked up out of their heads or are huge fans of certain rock stairs etc... famed for being in trouble all the time and hard drug use who absolutely slate Doherty and I wonder have I missed something? Or is it just the "media says boo" so everyone boo's pantomine?

That, probably. People moan about the tabloids on here but they're obviously a lot more influential than people would like to believe. Plus he seems to get away with drug use etc all the time (although not sure if this is because who he is, a mate of mine was arrested for dealing and got off with a slap on the wrist), and that he has a cult following which I guess his critics feel he doesn't deserve. Ho hum.

I freely admit I'd have a lot more time for his antics, and the media coverage thereof, if I thought his music was any cop or he was anything special as a performer. As it stands, though, I'd let him rot. Matter of taste I suppose.

The Libertines were amazing but that was four men - not one.

He's a decent songwriter and a reasonable poet. Went to represent England when he was 16, he got selected to go to Russia. He used to write a QPR fanzine too :icon_lol:

Babyshambles are a decent band live and when he's not smacked off his tits he is an ok performer.

I dont respect the man but i admire some of his work & to be honest i think it is quite easy to get addicted to the likes of crack and heroine. It's just hard to get off them and i dont think he'l ever be in the right mind set to do that. He's a tabloid puppy and he'l die a tabloid puppy. Shame.

Wor lass and her sister had tickets for the Royal Albert Hall gig but now he's banged up I can kiss goodbye to my free pass for the weekend. The inconsiderate fuck.

if he'd been on a Council Estate in Sunderland do you think they'd have cut him all this slack?

I don't - the bugger should have been inside a long time ago - you could tell he thought it was all a laugh.............

if he'd been on a Council Estate in Sunderland do you think they'd have cut him all this slack?

I don't - the bugger should have been inside a long time ago - you could tell he thought it was all a laugh.............

My Dad's a magistrate and from what he tells me quite the opposite is true.

Aye tbf in the case of virtually anyone they give umpteen non-custodial 'chances' before finally having to resort to locking them up. The prison system would melt down altogether if that wasn't the case.

Can't believe your dad is a beak like. Jwtbh. :icon_lol:

Aye tbf in the case of virtually anyone they give umpteen non-custodial 'chances' before finally having to resort to locking them up. The prison system would melt down altogether if that wasn't the case.

Can't believe your dad is a beak like. Jwtbh. :icon_lol:

Neither can I :(

He's a cunt like.

He might have been responsible for bring alex into the world but that's a bit harsh.

Probably deserves the benefit of the doubt tbh.

Are you calling my mother a slag?

He's a cunt like.

He might have been responsible for bring alex into the world but that's a bit harsh.

She's not a Magistrate too is she?

He's a cunt like.

Do you still want that ticket btw?

He's a cunt like.

Do you still want that ticket btw?

Fuckin hell here we go, I can see where you get it from now-give them a bit of power and it goes to their bald heads. Jumped up little Hitler!

Because you're a half-witted cock-sucking scrotum-savaging sperm-sampling mongrel, and if you like him...

Lets not get into a debate on musical taste huh Thompers? Don't think I could bear seeing you cry over James Blunt, Kid Rock or Coldplay again :icon_lol:

Lets not get into a debate on musical taste huh Thompers? Don't think I could bear seeing you cry over James Blunt, Kid Rock or Coldplay again :icon_lol:

I forgot about that.

Guest Patrokles
Oh, 3 artists more successful than Pete you mention there Gayjon!

Considering that you measure success according to whether or not you have fuzzy dice and a fancy spoiler... :icon_lol:

Guest BigThompers

Considering that you measure success according to whether or not you have fuzzy dice and a fancy spoiler... :icon_lol:

I don't get it

I don't get it

That explains why you seem to have to take your frustrations out on computer forums.