Sunshine fanny

Smooth Operator

It's our Christmas party tonight. I'm not going because they're all Cathwords. Also, there's a likelihood 40% of the staff are getting binned off, so there'll be endless gossiping about what may come to pass.

No ta, I'll be down the pub with people I actually like instead. :good:

That sounds like me circa ten years ago :lol:

Thankfully I've grown up ;)

That sounds like me circa ten years ago :lol:

Thankfully I've grown up ;)

I can't get the connect between choosing to spend time with mates instead of the nobheads I work with and being immature?

oh wait, is this another one of those times where you've thought that someone is 'trying to be cool' and you've felt the need to 'cut them down to size'? In that case, you help your self marra :good:

:)

I knocked back my work Christmas do this week too. Fuck that.

I'm going to the lunch next week though cos it means I get to finish work at half 2.

You big bairn!

I can't get the connect between choosing to spend time with mates instead of the nobheads I work with and being immature?

oh wait, is this another one of those times where you've thought that someone is 'trying to be cool' and you've felt the need to 'cut them down to size'? In that case, you help your self marra :good:

:)

The bites get easier tbf

Mine's at San Lorenzo on Gosforth High Street. Comfortably the worst Italian in Gosforth.

Mind, it can only be an improvement on last year, which was at the Toby Carvery in Kenton. Check out the review by Lucy321 at the following link. Third one down.

http://www.viewnewcastle.co.uk/restaurants/toby-carvery-info-47063.html

" When we left after our meal I could not believe my eyes. It was around 1pm on a bright sunny day. The Stag party were still there and their behaviour had got even worse. One of the stag party was sitting on the ground outside putting his fingers down his throat and vomiting everywhere just outside the front door of the restuarant. Another member of the group was being sick in one of the floral displays at the front door and the rest were even more drunk and loud than when we went in. Worse still as we were leaving we noticed two other members of the STAG party urinating on people's cars in the carpark."

I think they were serving that bloke's vomit when I went for Christmas lunch last year.

Mine's at San Lorenzo on Gosforth High Street. Comfortably the worst Italian in Gosforth.

Mind, it can only be an improvement on last year, which was at the Toby Carvery in Kenton. Check out the review by Lucy321 at the following link. Third one down.

http://www.viewnewcastle.co.uk/restaurants/toby-carvery-info-47063.html

:lol:

I think jochip said it best 'Toby - not just for mugs'.

It serves 'acceptable' food apparently. Acceptable to what? Health and safety standards.

I would literally never speak to the person who organised such a work dinner there ever again. Disgust and contempt would be too good for them.

Fucking hell, have just read the review from 'whitley' (great name :lol: )

They ran out of filling for the pie (you can only guess) and so the chef used the 'peppery' steak instead. Ended up speaking to a floor manager because the chef was using real parts of a real animal.

mine was here. http://www.the-ultimate.co.uk/venue/old-billingsgate-vaults/

quite canny actually, nice views of the shard and not as school disco-ey as the shit heap we had it at last year, where the venue was hosting the goldman sachs party and some other company's as well as ours. the free booze actually lasted until closing time for once too. the last few years it's ran dry by 10 or 11 - proper austerity parties, though not helped by all the comms and commercial cunts getting there as soon as the doors open to drink everyone else's share dry. they're always the ones that get done up too. editorial are a right bunch of scruffs.

:lol: honestly, it was disgusting. The worst thing is that they'd been there the year before as well, and chose to go back. I think I made it clear during the meal that I would not be at next year's Christmas dinner if they went for the hat trick.

It was just rammed with pigs packing the mash down onto their plate so they could balance other stuff on top of it. All the tricks that only a buffet bamp knows.

:lol: honestly, it was disgusting. The worst thing is that they'd been there the year before as well, and chose to go back. I think I made it clear during the meal that I would not be at next year's Christmas dinner if they went for the hat trick.

It was just rammed with pigs packing the mash down onto their plate so they could balance other stuff on top of it. All the tricks that only a buffet bamp knows.

:lol: Know exactly what you mean. Not as bad as my mate telling me about going to Big Lukes (ffs) and getting a layer of spaghetti hoops on there and throwing everything else on top of them like a pasta bed.

I expect not to have to go to the Toby Carvery in the first place. The list of problems with what was on offer extend from there.

By the way, the Britannia in Cleadon is a million miles removed from this one in Kenton.

:lol: Know exactly what you mean. Not as bad as my mate telling me about going to Big Lukes (ffs) and getting a layer of spaghetti hoops on there and throwing everything else on top of them like a pasta bed.

:lol: My mate married this absolute horror of a lass, who has since cheated on him (and announced this fact in front of all of his mates and their girlfriends/wives), and just generally been a complete bitch. Their lowest, but funniest, moment was at their kid's second birthday party when they got dressed as some characters off CBeebies, complete with proper football mascot style masks that covered their heads and got into a proper fistfight with one another whilst wearing the full costume.

Anyway, the point is, the first time I ever met her was at Big Luke's, and I will forever associate the place with that cow. I don't know how I hid the disgust on my face watching her demolishing chicken wings with her horrible nails-bitten-to-the-knuckles fingers, covered in grease. "Fockun lush this leyyyyyk". Ugh. I'd never been there before and I've never been since.

Our Xmas dinner last year was at Cleadon Toby. Was canny enough tbf. Not sure what people expect of a Sunday dinner. There's meat, veg and Yorkshire puddings

Someone must have got you a Chomp Bingo card for your Secret Santa. :lol:

They're having ours here http://www.sirenas-kenningtonpark.co.uk/ because it's downstairs from our office and cheap to hire. If we want to go it's £5 for the food and we have to buy our own drinks.

I was dead against it until I read the following, which is their only review

Customer Testimonials
09/10/12
Customer Name

We are currently gathering all of our great customer feedback and will update this section shortly.

Well, I'm sold :lol:

:lol: My mate married this absolute horror of a lass, who has since cheated on him (and announced this fact in front of all of his mates and their girlfriends/wives), and just generally been a complete bitch. Their lowest, but funniest, moment was at their kid's second birthday party when they got dressed as some characters off CBeebies, complete with proper football mascot style masks that covered their heads and got into a proper fistfight with one another whilst wearing the full costume.

Anyway, the point is, the first time I ever met her was at Big Luke's, and I will forever associate the place with that cow. I don't know how I hid the disgust on my face watching her demolishing chicken wings with her horrible nails-bitten-to-the-knuckles fingers, covered in grease. "Fockun lush this leyyyyyk". Ugh. I'd never been there before and I've never been since.

:lol: :lol: