If you won the lottery

Gemmill

To put the thread back on topic:

I would walk into work, tell ever single one of the fuckers what I think of them, go and put the £10m in the bank and watch the interest grow while I go and stay in whichever of Gemmill's houses isn't occupied.

Cheap as chips!  :lol:

144296[/snapback]

....by the living anyway!! :lol:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first, i'd want to sort my family and friends out....more than anything. To be able to sit down with my family, who i love very much and be able to say, chuck your underpaid jobs, stop worrying about your bills and mortgages for the rest of your life!!  You're sorted! Well!!!!! nothing would feel as good as that part.

144137[/snapback]

I'd share the wealth too. No point in being able to jet off to exotic locations at the drop of a hat if your freinds and family can't do the same.

My parents are coming up to retirement age and have paid their mortgage but I'd maybe get them a bigger house in the country, I'd set my brother up with whatever line of business he wanted to go into and make sure he had property.

I'd give cash to my mates (my close freinds that I've known for 10-15 years) so that they could give up the 9-5 if they wanted to. I'd like some of them to be able to enjoy travelling the world, going to major events etc as much as I would. You need to know who your real freinds are because once you've got money the hangers-on will come crawling out of the woodwork.

I'd have a house up here somewhere in the sticks, a city centre flat in Newcastle (probably stay in 5-star hotels or rent somewhere in London too). I like cars so I'd have a sports car (an Aston or a Ferrari), a luxury saloon (always liked the Audi A8) and a 4x4 (Range Rover Sport).

The real luxury of money is not only being able to afford to go anywhere in the world but also having the time to do it.

I'd put some money into the investigation of the "ghosts" that people claim to see/hear/.....smell? :lol:

it's amazing that EVERY single test done with psychics have come back with a resounding "bollocks"

you'll be telling us that Most Haunted is a Documentary next... and that Derek Acorah really does have an american indian guide, called Sam (very Iroquai name that mind) who can speak english and lives with a scouse ex-footballer.

aye ...righto

I'd happily throw a couple of dozen grand at disproving all this tosh, once and for all.

So you have knowledge which could make you a millionaire, but you choose not to use it for that purpose, presumably because you're too upstanding a citizen to ever use such a spiritual thing for monetary gain?

Do you think it's strange that of all the people with this gift, not one of them has ever been that little bit cynical and cashed in?

I'm open minded, by the way, I'd just like to see evidence of anything, just once, to believe it.[/DogWithBone]

EDIT: Oops, taking it off topic again.

144297[/snapback]

i agree with you really, im quite a sceptical soul, i want proof like you. Ive never actually experienced anything myself (cept for the odd smell) :lol: But i'm open minded too, we just dont know or arent meant to!

Edited by Toonraider

:lol:  What a load of fucking codswhallop. :lol:

144267[/snapback]

Behave yourself - you don't know what you're talking about :lol:

The hospital I used to work in was rife with strange goings-on, and occasionally I would get a strange smell in the night (no it wasn't shit before anyone starts :rolleyes: ) it was like a sickly sweet smell and every single time I smelt it either one of the elderly patients died in the night or we'd have an unexpected cardiac arrest. I asked the people I worked with whether they could smell it and they couldn't.

Oh and Bev - don't let him wind you up :lol:

144279[/snapback]

Bullshit fever tbh. Take two immodium.

Next case

I'd put some money into the investigation of the "ghosts" that people claim to see/hear/.....smell? :lol:

it's amazing that EVERY single test done with psychics have come back with a resounding "bollocks"

you'll be telling us that Most Haunted is a Documentary next... and that Derek Acorah really does have an american indian guide, called Sam (very Iroquai name that mind) who can speak english and lives with a scouse ex-footballer.

aye ...righto

I'd happily throw a couple of dozen grand at disproving all this tosh, once and for all.

144301[/snapback]

what about that film of the family who had a poltergist.? The chair being pulled out of the table when the little girl is sat there etc.... Its been analysed so many times, but seems to be for real :lol:

aye ...righto

144301[/snapback]

what about that film of the family who had a poltergist.? The chair being pulled out of the table when the little girl is sat there etc.... Its been analysed so many times, but seems to be for real :lol:

144305[/snapback]

... you mean this?

polt.gif

it's a film love... :rolleyes:

aye ...righto

144301[/snapback]

144305[/snapback]

... you mean this?

polt.gif

it's a film love... :lol:

144306[/snapback]

:lol::lol::rolleyes:

aye ...righto

144301[/snapback]

144305[/snapback]

... you mean this?

polt.gif

it's a film love... :lol:

144306[/snapback]

:lol::rolleyes:

I'd get a customised goal helmet, with "Brock" airbrushed on the backplate.

Cosmetic surgery, a tattoo and a villa in Florida.  :lol:

144326[/snapback]

cosmetic surgery? what would you have done like?

ps I'd also buy one of these

shelbydrivers.jpg
,... probaly in @@Blue with the Dodge stripes down the center...

one of these

73-77_ElCaminoSS.jpg
in Silver or black.

and one of these.

Dodge2-big.jpg
Black, without the supercab, just a flatbed.

no I'm not "making up for anything" I just like certain cars.

I'd also fancy a black 73 chevy Monte Carlo.... can't find any decent pictures of one though.

Edit. scrap the El Camino.. I just found this... now.. this is a nice fucking car.

apparently only 50 ever made, sold for £60,000...

80cc1.jpg
drool_a.gif
Edited by Geordie Fish

If I had a large lottery win, I'd pay off the mortgage and buy another house elsewhere but would keep my current house. I'd share a lot amongst family and would give a large share to charity. I wouldn't be daft about it and I wouldn't spend silly money on extravagance.

I was actually thinking this afternoon that if I had a small win on something, I'd like to do a PGCE (which is probably a bit sad).

144383[/snapback]

Bridget IS that person who would basically go about her life as normal despite her new found riches. :lol:

I thought of something else i'd treat myself to, one of those Murder/Mystery holidays OR a medieval holiday, you know with the castle, banquets, mead (sp) wenchy dresses and lots of joisting going on!!

I'd get a customised goal helmet, with "Brock" airbrushed on the backplate.

Cosmetic surgery, a tattoo and a villa in Florida.  :lol:

144326[/snapback]

cosmetic surgery? what would you have done like?

144403[/snapback]

Nip/tuck. :lol:

If I had a large lottery win, I'd pay off the mortgage and buy another house elsewhere but would keep my current house. I'd share a lot amongst family and would give a large share to charity. I wouldn't be daft about it and I wouldn't spend silly money on extravagance.

I was actually thinking this afternoon that if I had a small win on something, I'd like to do a PGCE (which is probably a bit sad).

144383[/snapback]

Bridget IS that person who would basically go about her life as normal despite her new found riches. :lol:

144407[/snapback]

You don't need to win the lottery to do a PGCE! You just need to be mad or desperate. They PAY you to do it.

One thing this thread has proved to me is my suspicions are right - girls are much more gullible than lads. :lol: Spiritual smells ffs!

On a related note, out of sheer boredom I read a couple of threads on the general chat of N-O yesterday; also tried to find this tbh thread. Jesus wept, what has happened to that place? :lol:

(NO, I don't want to start a bitchfest, but that thread on whether science is "real" or not is the most moronic I've ever seen :rolleyes: ).

Edited by Renton

I'd buy Brock Manson a new helmet.

144439[/snapback]

I think that was the cosmetic surgery he was refering to. :lol:

£10mil :lol:

Buy Blyth Spartans and do ground up to conference standard - £1/2 mil

Ford Shelby GT Mustang and Lamborghini Gallardo - £250'000

Villa in Spain - £250'000

Flat on quayside - £500'000

Apartment in Manhattan - £2mil.

3.5mil so far

Round the world trip for a year or two to Australia, Honk Kong, Tokyo, Thailand, Rio, Inca Trail, Major European Cities, West Coast of Usa etc. - £100'000

Few bits and bobs too like

Huge TV and entertainment system

Shitload of Arcades

Scrambler

Box at the Toon

Box at new Wembley

Pay off mortages on parents, aunty, uncles houses.

After all this im probably still left with £5mil to chill out on. Maybe finish up my coaching badges and work full time at Blyth. Buy a few decent players and try and get us into League 2.

Makes you sick that people like Mikey Carroll can spend £9mil in a few years on fuck all!

I'd buy Brock Manson a new helmet.

144439[/snapback]

:rolleyes::lol:

I'd also buy myself a black hummer. I know it sounds really lame but I really want to just drive one someday. :lol:

144446[/snapback]

I drove one around a car park once :lol:

My ex lass worked for radio aire in leeds and they had a black hummer a couple of years back. Its like a friggin tank!

and one of these.

Dodge2-big.jpg
Black, without the supercab, just a flatbed.

those big 4x4's are incredibly camp.

only a gay hairdresser would even think about buying one.

land rovers are ok though cos thats a 'proper' car.

If i won £10mill, i think i wouldnt do anything exciting with it tbh. Clear my debts and those of my friends and family then bank the rest and live off the interest.

Might take like £250k and play around on the stock market to pass the time.

£10mil  :lol:

Buy Blyth Spartans and do ground up to conference standard - £1/2 mil

Ford Shelby GT Mustang and Lamborghini Gallardo - £250'000

Villa in Spain - £250'000

Flat on quayside - £500'000

Apartment in Manhattan - £2mil.

3.5mil so far

Round the world trip for a year or two to Australia, Honk Kong, Tokyo, Thailand, Rio, Inca Trail, Major European Cities, West Coast of Usa etc. - £100'000

Few bits and bobs too like

Huge TV and entertainment system

Shitload of Arcades

Scrambler

Box at the Toon

Box at new Wembley

Pay off mortages on parents, aunty, uncles houses.

After all this im probably still left with £5mil to chill out on. Maybe finish up my coaching badges and work full time at Blyth. Buy a few decent players and try and get us into League 2.

Makes you sick that people like Mikey Carroll can spend £9mil in a few years on fuck all!

144450[/snapback]

You forgot to add - get my arsehole bleached for my boyfriend £1500