Spain vs France

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The looks of that ugly son of Frankenstein's bride aren't helped by him running full pelt at the camera with his arms outstretched!

I think that goal will make a big difference to his confidence and France's World Cup hopes.

Been a good match so far.

You just knew that the frogs would break through. Spain's defence has looked very ordinary on the counter tbh.

154111[/snapback]

If your gameplan is to continuously play offside that far up the field you will get caught sooner or later by international class players.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

The looks of that ugly son of Frankenstein's bride aren't helped by him running full pelt at the camera with his arms outstretched!

I think that goal will make a big difference to his confidence and France's World Cup hopes.

154110[/snapback]

He was in a car crash when he was 2, hence the heeoouuge scar on his face

Thierry the hypocrite tbh

Absolutely disgusting, his halo is starting to slip :blink:

154123[/snapback]

He always bangs on about players doing that sort of thing and he's just done one of the worst ones i've seen. Hope Brazil knock him out on his arse next game.

Won't stop the endless Henry jizzfests in this country though, it'll get a brief mention, they'll probably excuse it and then we'll never hear about it again.

Nearly on the same level as Rivaldo's from 2002 tbh.

Diving and acting has been a blight on this world cup.

154125[/snapback]

It was a free-kick anyway, but there was no reason to hold his face.

Venables straight in there with the defence! Henry's a fair minded player and he'll be suffering himself when he sees it on TV

Utter bollocks! When he sees it on TV he won't give a flying fuck, just like any of the other cheats that Henry has slagged off and who Venables and co will slag off for doing exactly the same.

At least Gullit was trying to make the valid point that it showed cheating works and thus is a shitty example being set.

154123[/snapback]

Actually - didnt henry come out with the 'im not a woman' thing recently

I was disappointed in Henry after that incident - it's cheating at the end of the day. I was pleased for Zidane, shows he's still class, and it nicely sets up a cracking game on Saturday night!

154123[/snapback]

It started to slip when he whinged like a bitch when Arsenal lost to Barcelona.

154163[/snapback]

Much earlier than that, when we beat them 3-1 at Highbury tbh

I was disappointed with Henry too. When I saw it in real time I thought he'd been caught in the face, but the replay exposes him as a cheat. Sad to see and even worse to see the likes of Venables try and make excuses for him.

Good game and I had Villa on to score first. :blink:

What you all talking about Henry was never play acting a fly when into his eye at that precise moment!

In my head I'm not a guy who does go down or cheats, Henry claims

Sean Ingle in Hanover

Wednesday June 28, 2006

The Guardian

Thierry Henry denied cheating to win the free-kick that led to France's second goal against Spain. Seven minutes from time Henry was barged in the chest by Carles Puyol as the pair clashed for a loose ball however as the Arsenal striker went down he clutched his face in howled anguish, as if he had been pole-axed by a flying elbow.

But afterwards Henry denied any suggestion of trying to con the referee Roberto Rosetti and claimed that Puyol had committed a "basketball block" on him.

"Puyol came up to me afterwards and apologised so how is that cheating?," he said. "Spain's left-back Mariano Perina was going to win the ball, so I don't know why Puyol cut across me, but he did. I don't cheat. People can say whatever they want to say but if any team has been cheated since the beginning of the tournament it's France," he added, referring to Patrick Vieira's disallowed goal against South Korea. "Look at the replay, their left-back was going to take the ball and Puyol came across me and blocked me.

"If that's basketball that's a good block, but we're not playing basketball. In my head I'm not a guy who does go down or cheats."

But Spain's coach Luis Aragones did not agree with Henry's analysis. "For me the referee blew for a non-existent foul for the second goal," he said. "However I don't blame the referee because we also made two mistakes late on. The French are never dead, they are always strong. They killed us on the counter-attack, but that's football. The players have done their very best, but we wanted more."

The France coach Raymond Domenech, meanwhile, neatly side-stepped questions about the Henry's play-acting and instead boldly predicted that his side could win the World Cup.

"There were a few difficult moments but we took control as the match went on," he said. "I can't predict the future, but all I know is that we want to go further. We want to be in Berlin on July 9. It's our project, that's our plan. We have enormous potential and we can get better.

"The Brazil game will be the most important of my life. Not many coaches have led a team into the quarter-finals of a World Cup, so I'm satisfied. But we will give them a game."

Hasn't even got the balls to admit to it either.

Very poor from Henry. His interview comes across as a man who knows he did wrong but is too ashamed to admit it, I mean, going on about a goal South Korea scored ffs.

Just backs up what I said yesterday, if England want to win this thing they're going to have to join in with these antics unfortunately.

Should get punished via video like Rivaldo did.

Just backs up what I said yesterday, if England want to win this thing they're going to have to join in with these antics unfortunately.

154214[/snapback]

Same as I how I feel about Australia. I think we were a bit... naive.

If you can't beat em, join em (Cahill and Kewell obviously have already)

Very poor from Henry. His interview comes across as a man who knows he did wrong but is too ashamed to admit it, I mean, going on about a goal South Korea scored ffs.

154214[/snapback]

There's another article on the Guardian site about how England were called to a meeting last night to watch a video montage of all of Portugal's cheating antics since the tournament began, to let them know what to expect. They also had a FIFA rep present to answer any questions on what was/wasn't above the law re time-wasting etc.

Not a bad idea from Sven - if you go into the game knowing what they're like, you'll find it easier to accept when they're doing it to you, and be less likely to get yourself in trouble buy overreacting to it.

It's bad craic that you have to go to these lengths in a tournament that's supposed to be about football though.

154214[/snapback]

There's another article on the Guardian site about how England were called to a meeting last night to watch a video montage of all of Portugal's cheating antics since the tournament began, to let them know what to expect. They also had a FIFA rep present to answer any questions on what was/wasn't above the law re time-wasting etc.

Not a bad idea from Sven - if you go into the game knowing what they're like, you'll find it easier to accept when they're doing it to you, and be less likely to get yourself in trouble buy overreacting to it.

It's bad craic that you have to go to these lengths in a tournament that's supposed to be about football though.

154222[/snapback]

Watch Joe Cole and John Terry's performance against Ecuador.We are cheating.