Nine Nine

Meenzer

Anyone see the Top Gear caravan feature?

I know they stage these things but they didn't even try to make it look real......

Used to go away in a caravan when I was little, was canny. That said, I won't be buying one ever. It's only fun when the parents do the work!

And if you cant do 65-70mph towing, you shouldn't be towing (yes I know technically 60 is the limit).

Edited by Matt

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should bring up caravans, I had a massive debate with one of the blokes from work who has one. I reckon the fucking things should be taxed - he says not!  ;)

162361[/snapback]

wow, a real in-depth debate, the likes of which we haven't seen since Disraeli and Gladstone

:lol:

162378[/snapback]

You got the succinct version ;)

And for only the price of your daily coffee you can be safe in the knowledge that after you're dead your love ones won't have to worry about your funeral!

But I'll be fucking dead you moron! What will I care????

and those fuckers don't pay road tax.

oh and obviously Caravans are only bought by people too tight to pay for a hotel and too middle class to use a tent.

162334[/snapback]

;) That's the bloke I work with except being a Scouser, pseudo-middle class is more appropriate.

I always thought it was to force the person serving you to ring it through the till to get change. Otherwise they could pocket a round number.

People rarely have the exact amount when it's £x.99

Might be wrong like.

I always thought it was to force the person serving you to ring it through the till to get change.  Otherwise they could pocket a round number.

People rarely have the exact amount when it's £x.99

Might be wrong like.

162553[/snapback]

No, people really do think they're getting a better deal, subconsciously anyway; which is, I fear, the level that most people work at almost exclusively.

I had this old bag in front of me at B&Q the other night who was buying a single 2 inch screw.

32p it was, so she rummages around in her purse for the right money until about 5 minutes later it dawns on her that as a pensioner she's got a discount card. Cue 5 more minutes of her hunting that out. For the sake of a 10% reduction on 30p, 3 fucking pence!!

I was going fucking mental behind her. In the end I said I'd treat the old dear and told her to spend the money on a packet of werthers originals.

You don't see many of those 0.2p pieces these days though.

162586[/snapback]

i can remember going to the local shop when i was a wee nipper and buying a 5p mixup. you'd get 10 sweeties!

162586[/snapback]

i can remember going to the local shop when i was a wee nipper and buying a 5p mixup. you'd get 10 sweeties!

162592[/snapback]

I can remember when sixpences (two and a half new pence) went out of circulation ;)

162586[/snapback]

162592[/snapback]

Only really pertinent if you got 25 sweeties though.

162586[/snapback]

162592[/snapback]

I can remember when sixpences (two and a half new pence) went out of circulation ;)

162596[/snapback]

Rob can remember when they entered circulation.

162586[/snapback]

162592[/snapback]

162596[/snapback]

Rob can remember when they entered circulation.

162606[/snapback]

They were Rob's invention!

Didn't Rob spark the industrial revolution and therefore invented what we now know as "Work"

(hence the "W" after his name)

Didn't Rob spark the industrial revolution and therefore invented what we now know as "Work"

(hence the "W" after his name)

162616[/snapback]

Always assumed that stood for something more...recreational.