• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closer to the new Jason Lee tbh.

166281[/snapback]

Pineapple Head? :D

166320[/snapback]

Yeah I was going a bit far there tbf. Possibly someone like Carl Cort or Jason Euell would be more comparable.

Edited by David Kelly

Closer to the new Jason Lee tbh.

166281[/snapback]

Pineapple Head? :blush:

166320[/snapback]

Detective is flat, no longer is always flat out...

166328[/snapback]

Got the number of the getaway car, didn't get very far....

*Can always rely on you Dave :D *

Some lad on N-O reckons we're trying to take Ronaldo (the real one) on loan :lol:

166878[/snapback]

For anyone who hasn't seen this post (and it's hidden in a canny big thread), it's the lad called killers_perm who used to organise the pre-match entertainment at SJP - the one who sorted out playing Pedro's videos at the ground. Anyway, he reckons he was in the swanky lounge at the weekend eavesdropping and overheard Hall and Shepherd bragging to these two businessmen (he named one of them in his post, can't remember who it was though) that we're trying to bring Ronaldo on loan for the season. The sticking point is supposedly that his agent doesn't want Ronaldo to become seen as a loan option when previously he'd have been a £20m+ saleable asset.

Anyway, that was the craic in full. Tbh I don't think it's as implausible as it sounds - we all know Shepherd has crazy ideas like this. It'll be a Shepherd signing rather than a Roeder one if it's true though.

I reckon he'd be a proper lazy knacker but he'd still score more goals than anyone we've currently got at the club if he came btw.

Ronaldo still has a lot to offer, if he actually wants to. However, in the world cup I saw him coasting through games, and you just can't do that playing for Newcastle. The fans will love the signing for the first couple of games, but then they'll see through him.

Not saying I wouldn't take him (only on loan though) but I'd hope to God that we don't splash out our entire budget on him.

Shepherd runs the club the same way I play Championship Manager. If it's a signing I know I have little chance of getting, I offer them a ludicrous signing on fee (millions) and whack their wages up as high as I possibly can. ;) I nearly always get players sold from under me for not sticking to the wage budget (Shepherd undermining his manager tbh. :lol: ).

He a crazy man! Although I'd be at next week's friendly if Ronaldo turned up on loan this week, I have to say. :P

Shepherd runs the club the same way I play Championship Manager.  If it's a signing I know I have little chance of getting, I offer them a ludicrous signing on fee (millions) and whack their wages up as high as I possibly can. ;)  I nearly always get players sold from under me for not sticking to the wage budget (Shepherd undermining his manager tbh. :lol: ). 

He a crazy man!  Although I'd be at next week's friendly if Ronaldo turned up on loan this week, I have to say. :P

167355[/snapback]

Won't you be there for open training on Friday?

I'm not that sad! ;) I went to see them train once when Gazza was still at the club. Wore me full kit, stood behind the goal and stuck my leg out to stop a Neil McDonald shot that went wide. Right on the inside of the thigh. I managed to hold back the tears despite the perfect markings of the ball forming in red lumpy lines on my corned beef leg. :lol:

I'm not that sad! :puke:  I went to see them train once when Gazza was still at the club.  Wore me full kit, stood behind the goal and stuck my leg out to stop a Neil McDonald shot that went wide.  Right on the inside of the thigh.  I managed to hold back the tears despite the perfect markings of the ball forming in red lumpy lines on my corned beef leg. :lol:

167375[/snapback]

;):P

I'm not that sad! ;)  I went to see them train once when Gazza was still at the club.  Wore me full kit, stood behind the goal and stuck my leg out to stop a Neil McDonald shot that went wide.  Right on the inside of the thigh.  I managed to hold back the tears despite the perfect markings of the ball forming in red lumpy lines on my corned beef leg. :lol:

167375[/snapback]

Got this in a PM from a dodgy N-O source yesternight (before the cull).

'Shepherd promised channel 5 two high profile signings before Villarreal. He hopes to have them in before thursday, so it can boost the turnout of the friendly, and boost the ratings on the telly'

:P

:lol:

That SHOULD sound like a complete load of bollocks, but with Shepherd you just never know.

167384[/snapback]

Gemmill - your now freddy shepherds biggest fan arnt you? ;)

:lol:  I like him when he finances signings.  I don't have much time for pretty much everything else he gets up to unfortunately. ;)

167392[/snapback]

must admit the doom and gloom has lifted with the signing of duff - all cos of freddie.

:lol:  I like him when he finances signings.  I don't have much time for pretty much everything else he gets up to unfortunately. ;)

167392[/snapback]

must admit the doom and gloom has lifted with the signing of duff - all cos of freddie.

167397[/snapback]

That's exactly the point I was trying to make to Craig yesterday. It only takes one "big" signing and suddenly the fans are happy. That's how Freddie works. No good planning for the long term future of the club, let's just get a big name player in to appease the fans.

167392[/snapback]

167397[/snapback]

That's exactly the point I was trying to make to Craig yesterday. It only takes one "big" signing and suddenly the fans are happy. That's how Freddie works. No good planning for the long term future of the club, let's just get a big name player in to appease the fans.

167410[/snapback]

That's how he'll always operate though unfortunately. I'm guilty of it to an extent because I went to the PSV game off the back of the Duff signing. But as long as Shepherd remains chairman and has managers that won't stand up to it, or that welcome the big money signings themselves in place of a longer term plan, we'll always operate like this.

I'm hopeful that we might be taking a more sensible approach under Roeder, but we'll see. It was at its worst under Souness last summer with the panic buying of Luque followed by the too-good-to-pass-up purchase of Owen and the ludicrous price we paid to price Liverpool out of the deal.