Public Transport

bobbyshinton

.. I thought it was descent?

173742[/snapback]

It is, yet another reason why Renton's post couldn't be further from the truth.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish in being right Shocker

:)

173748[/snapback]

:lol:

Did you get the ever so subtle double entendre, though? :razz:

173750[/snapback]

yes.

knuckleshuffler :lol:

im also of Irish decent like  :lol:

173732[/snapback]

As am I.

As is about half of Tyneside.

173944[/snapback]

As is half the World, we've been busy tbh.

I've got Irish, Scottish and Cornish blood in me. Celt-tastic tbh

174352[/snapback]

Me too but I've also got relatives in the Brittany region of France and I'm part welsh/Basque and been to Dublin, I drink 10 pints of guiness a day and green is my favourite colour! Top that!

I've got Irish, Scottish and Cornish blood in me. Celt-tastic tbh

174352[/snapback]

Me too but I've also got relatives in the Brittany region of France and I'm part welsh/Basque and been to Dublin, I drink 10 pints of guiness a day and green is my favourite colour! Top that!

174369[/snapback]

Are the Basques Celts?

174369[/snapback]

There's still that pesky matter of you being one of Her Majesty's subjects tbh. :lol:

How do you actually know that much about your family history, out of interest? I haven't a clue.

174369[/snapback]

There's still that pesky matter of you being one of Her Majesty's subjects tbh. :lol:

How do you actually know that much about your family history, out of interest? I haven't a clue.

174383[/snapback]

I'd love to know my family tree, but I want someone to just hand it to me. I don't want to have to do any sitting in libraries or owt. Maybe when I have kids I'll ground them for weeks on end and task them with it.

I'd love to know my family tree, but I want someone to just hand it to me.  I don't want to have to do any sitting in libraries or owt.  Maybe when I have kids I'll ground them for weeks on end and task them with it.

174389[/snapback]

We're not a very close family on either side, so I sat down with my Grandfather at his 80th and got everything he could remember down, quite a mess on the back of an envelope. He died shortly after that, so I was happy to have done it. Transferred it all to some software a year or so ago, only to have the fucking hard drive crash. Hadn't kept the envelope either, complete bastard!

I'd love to know my family tree, but I want someone to just hand it to me.  I don't want to have to do any sitting in libraries or owt.  Maybe when I have kids I'll ground them for weeks on end and task them with it.

174389[/snapback]

We're not a very close family on either side, so I sat down with my Grandfather at his 80th and got everything he could remember down, quite a mess on the back of an envelope. He died shortly after that, so I was happy to have done it. Transferred it all to some software a year or so ago, only to have the fucking hard drive crash. Hadn't kept the envelope either, complete bastard!

174393[/snapback]

That's a shame like. You could still suss it all out from records and that, but what a clart on.

I was looking on the British Army site recently, and if you have a soldier's ID number or whatever it was called, you can trace them right the way through the war - where they were stationed, where they moved to, injuries they picked up, battles they were involved in, medals they won. My granddad was one of the mentalists who lied about how old he was to fight in WWI so I quite fancied getting all the info as he's dead now. Need my mam to dig out his medals though to get his number.

My second name is taken from a town in Brittany...FACTOID. My mothers side are all Northern Irish, which she plays on a lot. She's been to Belfast loads and likes to tell people she's Irish rather than English. Weirdo. :lol:

174369[/snapback]

174383[/snapback]

I was talking complete bullshit tbs tbs.

The truth is a bit more mundane: I'm 1/4 Geordie, 1/4 Landern, 1/4 Norn Iron, and 1/4 Scottish by blood. Before that who knows? We're all mongrels anyway.