Public Transport

bobbyshinton

Renton is about to lay into the Metro system :)

173253[/snapback]

Was going to but then got distracted by work. But I've said all I need to lots of times before. The only thing I miss is not being able to read a book as a passenger, but usually that's impossible anyway.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going to but then got distracted by work. But I've said all I need to lots of times before. The only thing I miss is not being able to read a book as a passenger, but usually that's impossible anyway.

173318[/snapback]

Because the mean boys took it from you tbh.

I get the metro at rush hour daily and it stopped bothering me not long after I started (2½ years ago). I whinge about it a lot but on the whole it's fairly reliable and not too expensive (student pass :)). I can't drive but even if I could I wouldn't get a parking space at work so there'd be no point bringing the car unless I wanted to pay for somewhere in the centre of town.

The bus is a different story mind. Makes me travel sick. :razz:

I find public transport a lot more bearable if I have my sound isolation headphones in.

Obsessed!

173308[/snapback]

Cleanliness isn't a bad obsession tbf.

That isn't being held up by gel, is it Swiis Tony? :)

173311[/snapback]

its not cleaniness he's obsessed with - its the 'night beforers' :razz:

No gel for me. Doing your hair is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First , you have to give your canister a good hard shake..........

Edited by Lazarus

Obsessed!

173308[/snapback]

Cleanliness isn't a bad obsession tbf.

That isn't being held up by gel, is it Swiis Tony? :)

173311[/snapback]

'He's a germ-free adolescent,

Cleanliness is her obsession.

Cleans his teeth ten times a day.

Scrub away, scrub away, scrub away.....'

X-Ray Spex.

It's not too bad in Reading.

There's the park & ride from Madejski Stadium into town and the Oracle which is handy and not too pricey.

At the end of the driveway there's a bus stop and last time I used it it was early! :)

The bus system in Bristol is actually very very good. Though, the drivers can be complete arse holes. They don't accept twenty pound notes any more so expect us to have change, so if we're in a rush.. not being allowed on cos we don't have change would be a bit of an arse.. Then again it's lucky I have a bus pass!

There is also a cross dresser bus driver, makes me feel a bit uneasy to be honest.

There is also a cross dresser bus driver, makes me feel a bit uneasy to be honest.

173380[/snapback]

Why like, does he drive like a woman?

173403[/snapback]

:) GOLD!

173380[/snapback]

Why like, does he drive like a woman?

173403[/snapback]

:):razz::lol:

It's true- he looks like a man, dresses like a woman and drives like a woman. One of the worst combos in history

I hate public transport and don't care if it makes me sound snobby and perpetual

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Using public transport is like Rockpooling; the sheer volume of horrible little creatures you find is staggering.

I use the number 1 quite a bit, and the 62 and 63 on occassions. The 60s have a high charver content but it's bareable and they quite regular.

The number 1 usually comes regularly, athough it can be an absolute nightmare on a morning going in to Uni. I sometimes walk it instead. They're quite bad after a match as well. They're always late and jam packed and by the time it gets to John Dobson Street you could have stood waiting 25 minutes only for it to fly past without stopping because its full.

A lot of the drivers on the number 1 seem to mistake a great big double decker bus for a rally car as well and like nothing better than hurtling it through tight corners and terraced streets in Heaton.

In general though, it's tolerable although not as good as it once was.

I hate public transport and don't care if it makes me sound snobby and perpetual

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Using public transport is like Rockpooling; the sheer volume of horrible little creatures you find is staggering.

173441[/snapback]

Wasnt worth saying once tbh

173441[/snapback]

173621[/snapback]

:)

London's alreet, but then being sarf of the river I get to use overground trains rather than the Tube (particularly useful in summer). Buses are OK too. My experiences in Newcastle have always been OK, but then I'm a spoilt Gosforth boy and the High Street is stupidly well served for buses straight into town (meaning you can avoid the Metro, mercifully).

Had to get the bus into town the other day as the car was in for an M.O.T so i made the fatal mistake of getting on a 39 from shields rd. My journey was made more pleasant however by seeing a ginger charver/tramp with 2 kids wearing shell suit bottoms and high heel boots, which were blatantly knee length, you gotta love it!

173441[/snapback]

173621[/snapback]

I apologise

clearly it wasn't up to your standard sponge bob toonpants

I'm obviously dealing with a true wit

I use public transport on average about 6 days a week, and I have to say I f*cking hate it. Getting the bus home from town is just one of those things you can't be assed with.

Edited by Paul

Public Transport is generally excellent I find.  I can get to work cheaper and quicker and enjoy a book or magazine as I go.

Some of the scum that use public transport spoil it occasionaly.

173205[/snapback]

That's the problem. Haven't tried it over here yet, the tramps over here are well groomed ffs (and seem to speak a t least 2 languages!), so it's probably grand.

173211[/snapback]

where you at like?

Public Transport is generally excellent I find.  I can get to work cheaper and quicker and enjoy a book or magazine as I go.

173205[/snapback]

That's the problem. Haven't tried it over here yet, the tramps over here are well groomed ffs (and seem to speak a t least 2 languages!), so it's probably grand.

173211[/snapback]

where you at like?

173720[/snapback]

Dotbum is a French aristocrat of Irish decent.

173205[/snapback]

173211[/snapback]

where you at like?

173720[/snapback]

Dotbum is a French aristocrat of Irish decent.

173731[/snapback]

Explains a lot :)

im also of Irish decent like :razz: