If we sign Martins

Jusoda Kid

I love the way Leazes reckons he's some sort of sage on the basis that he said N'Zogbia would be class and Souness wouldn't work out. I suppose they are the only two predictions he's made. Oh, apart from Taylor being a future England captain :blink:

184774[/snapback]

I am.

Don't bother mentioning Bellamy is great [when he signed], Kluivert will be shite, Souness should go [and some said different, ie Gemmil and Craig for instance],

Rob Lee and Steve Howey would play for England :-) [yes I know this board didn't exist then], Imre Varadi couldn't lace Peter Beardsleys boots.....etc etc etc Boumsong wasn't good enough for the premiership.

Basically, I'm usually right.

I think Taylor will be a Newcastle Captain, whether he will play for England depends on whoever else comes through, but I think he is or will be as good as some centre halfs that have played in the past.

Actually, predicting Zoggy's success was very easy, and obvious immediately IMO, so why didn't you do it ?

184822[/snapback]

Pretty sure the temporary board was being used when Zoggy first started playing. I'll have a hunt through and see what people thought of him :lol:

184826[/snapback]

I predict if you find anything by me, it will be saying how good I think he will be :blush:

PS unless of course you change it ...

184827[/snapback]

Don't get paranoid; I was meaning I'd find what Alex said about him :blush:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way Leazes reckons he's some sort of sage on the basis that he said N'Zogbia would be class and Souness wouldn't work out. I suppose they are the only two predictions he's made. Oh, apart from Taylor being a future England captain :blink:

184774[/snapback]

I am.

Don't bother mentioning Bellamy is great [when he signed], Kluivert will be shite, Souness should go [and some said different, ie Gemmil and Craig for instance],

Rob Lee and Steve Howey would play for England :-) [yes I know this board didn't exist then], Imre Varadi couldn't lace Peter Beardsleys boots.....etc etc etc Boumsong wasn't good enough for the premiership.

I think Taylor will be a Newcastle Captain, whether he will play for England depends on whoever else comes through, but I think he is or will be as good as some centre halfs that have played in the past.

Actually, predicting Zoggy's success was very easy, and obvious immediately IMO, so why didn't you do it ?

184822[/snapback]

Pretty sure the temporary board was being used when Zoggy first started playing. I'll have a hunt through and see what people thought of him :lol:

184826[/snapback]

I predict if you find anything by me, it will be saying how good I think he will be :blush:

PS unless of course you change it ...

184827[/snapback]

Don't get paranoid; I was meaning I'd find what Alex said about him :blush:

184830[/snapback]

OK.... :razz: Gol, would you mind telling me what adawar and EIWO is [see gen chat, the "my neighbour" thread] pse ?

I hope Martins is a big success obviously, he seems to be a penalty box player though, which means the club is seeing him as an Owen replacement rather than an Owen partner, but we will see.

PS what I mean is a player who plays the supporting role ie like Bellamy did is the player to partner Owen, but maybe he will do that.

Edited by LeazesMag

I said I thought N'Zogbia was a good player when I saw him, ask your mate HTL who said I might be happy with relegation standard players but he wasn't when I said N'Zogbia could replace Robert.

I bet we'll spend millions on legal costs and he'll turn out to be shite.

I know it's early days, but he looked Fumaca Mark II to me! His touch was appalling!

kewell skinned him a few times at the end of the match and he gto his positioning all wrong a few times too. couple of years maybe he will be class but for now hes got to wait in line with taylor, chopra, ambrose, milner, guy etc...

I said I thought N'Zogbia was a good player when I saw him, ask your mate HTL who said I might be happy with relegation standard players but he wasn't when I said N'Zogbia could replace Robert.

184835[/snapback]

I've got to go, but I have always been under the impression that Luque was bought to replace Robert, as he certainly isn't a premiership front player. Zoggy was just a player with potential when SBR brought him to the club, I do think that a wide-ish] position is Zoggys best, but some people have suggested he could play up front. Maybe he could. The first time I saw Zoggy running forward with such control and desire I was instantly impressed, if he played up front he would have to make more runs without the ball, its up to him.

Luque was brought in to accomodate Souness's 3 prong attack thing he had going that pissed off Bellamy. Shearer in the middle, Luque wide left and Shola wide right. Went tits up the minute Luque tore his hamstring two games into it.

Luque was brought in to accomodate Souness's 3 prong attack thing he had going that pissed off Bellamy. Shearer in the middle, Luque wide left and Shola wide right. Went tits up the minute Luque tore his hamstring two games into it.

184851[/snapback]

Spot and on.

184835[/snapback]

I've got to go, but I have always been under the impression that Luque was bought to replace Robert, as he certainly isn't a premiership front player. Zoggy was just a player with potential when SBR brought him to the club, I do think that a wide-ish] position is Zoggys best, but some people have suggested he could play up front. Maybe he could. The first time I saw Zoggy running forward with such control and desire I was instantly impressed, if he played up front he would have to make more runs without the ball, its up to him.

184843[/snapback]

He looks good running with the ball from deep so that wouldn't happen were he to play upfront. He's said he prefers a central role but for me he has everything you would want in a left-winger - pace, tricks, good cross, workrate - plus he has a good shot on him and he's brave and puts his foot in when he has to. He's getting more and more consistent too. I love the player tbh, only hope we can hang onto him.

184851[/snapback]

Souness's or Shepherd's? :blink:

The Zog is a ledge in the making and Isegrim is right - give him a blank sheet of paper and tell him to write down his terms and sign it. We can't afford to lose the lad for nowt at the end of the season.

I'd even give up a £775k payment to his agent for the pleasure of renegotiating his contract.

The Zog has been allowed to express himself, and last season being the only one who looked like he wanted to take people on, he's got the crowd firmly behind him. His confidence is sky high, and the kid is a joy to watch at the moment. Proper flair player, when he gets the ball you have a feeling of aticipation that I haven't had personally since Ginola was here. After last night, Duff is also falling into this catergory.

The Zog is a ledge in the making and Isegrim is right - give him a blank sheet of paper and tell him to write down his terms and sign it.  We can't afford to lose the lad for nowt at the end of the season.

I'd even give up a £775k payment to his agent for the pleasure of renegotiating his contract.

184891[/snapback]

I'd rather spend the £2m + wages which we're offering for Gravesen to Zoggy, and get him signed up for 10 years.

I'd rather spend the £2m + wages which we're offering for Gravesen to Zoggy, and get him signed up for 10 years.

184895[/snapback]

Agreed, and I want Gravesen.

184895[/snapback]

184901[/snapback]

Me three.

184851[/snapback]

Souness's or Shepherd's? :blink:

184886[/snapback]

Are you insinuating the manager didn't buy the player? How VERY dare you!

184895[/snapback]

184901[/snapback]

Me three.

184902[/snapback]

Aye I'd go along with that. Give him the £2m as a signing on loyalty bonus or something if that's what it takes to keep him. Get him on 5 years or something though cos we can't afford to be doing stuff like this every 3 years with him.

To the tune of Lola by the Kinks

We played Inter Milan down in San Siro

In the Champions League, while the Mackems dropped down to the Cola

Coca-cola

C-o-l-a cola

He came on as sub and he looked quite fast

for a bloke who's entitled to a free bus pass.

O-b-a Oh-oh-oh-oh Oba

Me dad's not the most energetic man,

but he's getting on to sixty, just like me mam

and so is Oba

Oh-oh-oh-oh Oba

Edited by Sicklee Sausage Roll

To the tune of Lola by the Kinks

We played Inter Milan down in San Siro

In the Champions League, while the Mackems dropped down to the Cola

Coca-cola

C-o-l-a cola

He came on as sub and he looked quite fast

for a bloke who's entitled to a free bus pass.

O-b-a Oh-oh-oh-oh Oba

Me dad's not the most energetic man,

but he's getting on to sixty, just like me mam

and so is Oba

Oh-oh-oh-oh Oba

184985[/snapback]

good job fella

I love the way Leazes reckons he's some sort of sage on the basis that he said N'Zogbia would be class and Souness wouldn't work out. I suppose they are the only two predictions he's made. Oh, apart from Taylor being a future England captain <_<

184774[/snapback]

I am.

184822[/snapback]

Leazes, this is going back fucking AGES, but did you used to post on the old OFFICIAL nufc website forum by any chance? Before there was any toontastic forum at all ?

Edited by Li3nZ