five current facts about you!

Guest Toplass-101

1. I'm hoping to get an apprenticeship at Rolls Royce.

2. I love rap music.

3. I hate Coventry.

4. I just had a Chicken Chow Mein Pot Noodle and it tasted like shit.

5. I'm tired.

Apprentice what ?

Apprenticeship is a system of training a new generation of skilled crafts practitioners, which is still popular in some countries. Apprentices (or in early modern usage "prentices") build their careers from apprenticeships. Most of their training is done on the job while working for an employer who helps the apprentices learn their trade. Often some informal, theoretical education is also involved.

:lol:

Jesus Christ almighty, no shit, I did one for 4 years and didn't know what one was !!!!!

Apprentice electrician ???

Apprentice welder ??

Apprentice sheet metal worker ???

Apprentice pie maker ????

Apprentice toilet attendant ???

Sorcerer's apprentice ????

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I jacked my job in.

2) It was a bit like kinky sex, scary but felt good.

3) I wrote a lovley letter giving my notice which was full of bollocks and complete lies.

4) I've 4 weeks in which to find another one.

5) Thinking of changing my name to Yossa.

Yossa the "dole dossa" :lol:

2. I love rap music.

3. I hate Coventry.

5. I'm tired.

Apprentice what ?

Apprenticeship is a system of training a new generation of skilled crafts practitioners, which is still popular in some countries. Apprentices (or in early modern usage "prentices") build their careers from apprenticeships. Most of their training is done on the job while working for an employer who helps the apprentices learn their trade. Often some informal, theoretical education is also involved.

Jesus Christ almighty, no shit, I did one for 4 years and didn't know what one was !!!!!

Apprentice welder ??

Engineering, hopefully.

2. I love rap music.

3. I hate Coventry.

5. I'm tired.

Apprentice what ?

Apprentice welder ??

Engineering, hopefully.

Maintenance ? design ? electical ? Mechanical ? multi-skilled ??

2. I love rap music.

3. I hate Coventry.

5. I'm tired.

Apprentice what ?

Apprentice welder ??

Engineering, hopefully.

Mechanical.

2. I love rap music.

3. I hate Coventry.

5. I'm tired.

Apprentice what ?

Apprentice welder ??

Engineering, hopefully.

Mechanical.

Cool, I did a multi-skilled apprenticeship ie Mechanical and electrical, best of luck to you mate.

Is it hard like?

The course is 3 years, but I just wanna take one step at a time first.

Mine was 4 years, required a college pass and techincal log-book verification in my day, was bloody hard, not only the learning but the constant piss taking and abuse, ie getting tied up to ladders during dinner breaks, having your bollocks covered in axel grease and electricution with testing equipment.

Having said that its the best thing I ever did, and made me the man I am today, but don't let that put you off.

The one I'm going for only needs a couple of GCSE's at Grade D/C so I won't have to worry about passing college, if and a big IF I get the place.

I was talking to a lad who works there today and he said when he had his interview it was 4 hours long!

The one I'm going for only needs a couple of GCSE's at Grade D/C so I won't have to worry about passing college, if and a big IF I get the place.

I was talking to a lad who works there today and he said when he had his interview it was 4 hours long!

Trust me, once you've got your GCSE's they'll want you to do an ONC, and probably an HNC whilst you are doing your apprenticeship.

Mine was 4 years, required a college pass and techincal log-book verification in my day, was bloody hard, not only the learning but the constant piss taking and abuse, ie getting tied up to ladders during dinner breaks, having your bollocks covered in axel grease and electricution with testing equipment.

Having said that its the best thing I ever did, and made me the man I am today, but don't let that put you off.

You got to love that don't you.

I did an apprenticeship before I went back to Uni and the shit you had to take from the tradesmen was a joke.

The feeling of gear oil running down your back while you are holding something in place or some stoopid fooker chasing you around the workshop with a grease gun, oh the joy.

I even had one fucking useless <insert cath's favourite word> hit me with an arc welder shock because he though it was funny.

1. Listening to ginger Josh and Kyuss

2. Someone who was very important to me but fucked off chose valentines day and what would of been our 12th anniversary to contact me about trivial matters.

3. The copa mundials are awesome but the kids I play football with wanted to know when in the 70s I bought them.

4. Have a truck load of work but am struggling to get into it.

5. I'm hungry, I might go buy some lunch.

1. I am listening to the B-52's - Dance This Mess Around

2. Enjoying a late supper of grilled chicken, salad, and a guinness

3. I've just received a pic that I never thought I'd see

4. I quite like it much to the disbelief of the sender

5. On duty again tomorrow and facing down an upstart in the director's office before the shift starts.. oh joy.

(6. Just experienced a Guinness burp... how very.... gross..)

I'm all... scowly....

:unsure:

It makes for a very funny mental picture tbh.

;) shaddup I'm grumpy

laughing girls aren't condusive to perpetuating the grump.

Also, .... you smell funny. :lol:

- Won the pub quiz tonight despite being on a useless team, largely due to uselessness of other teams

- Have consumed rather a lot of Polish beer and cheap corner shop wine

- Fella doesn't seem to realise it's 1.30am, I've been up since 9 and I'm not his personal Nifty archive, but can't say anything as it would cause An Incident

- The Decemberists are entirely fantastic

- Corner shop closes soon :lol:

I'm all... scowly....

:unsure:

It makes for a very funny mental picture tbh.

;) shaddup I'm grumpy

laughing girls aren't condusive to perpetuating the grump.

Also, .... you smell funny. :lol:

Now you see, your grumpiness is making you all childish because I actually smell gorgeous :rolleyes:

bleeding cos I'm biting my fingernails and I've torn it past the quick.

I reckon Cath smells of hard labour cos she works hard.

(I've called her smelly and complimented her dedication, which will she take, the insult or the compliment?... you decided...)

night all

2. Someone who was very important to me but fucked off chose valentines day and what would of been our 12th anniversary to contact me about trivial matters.

I thought you were loved up with your current bird, sammy?

I thought you were loved up with your current bird, sammy?

I am and she is a gorgeous girl but there is always someone who leaves that footprint on your life.

They covered your bollocks in axel grease?!

Initiation things are weird man. I wouldn't go near another bloke's bollocks, least of all smother them in grease. :lol:

When my cousin worked in a garage as an apprentice they used to ask him to prepare the grease for the new kids, he would put iron filings off the drill press in it in order to rip the ball bag off them