Michael Essien

Gemmill

Ballack will NOT be a flop.  You heard that here first too.

124157[/snapback]

I agree with that Gemmill he's one of the best players in the world, better player than Lampard

124218[/snapback]

Lampard's not even the best player in his position for England. FACTADOODLEDOO

124242[/snapback]

Go on then, who is?

Or do you mean specifically FOR England, which I probably agree with.

He's the best English midfielder in his position in the world, in club football though.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

124157[/snapback]

I agree with that Gemmill he's one of the best players in the world, better player than Lampard

124218[/snapback]

124242[/snapback]

:lol: Gol is typing, I can smell his anger!

124157[/snapback]

124218[/snapback]

124242[/snapback]

:lol: Gol is typing, I can smell his anger!

124383[/snapback]

Nobody diss's my Frankie :icon_lol:

124157[/snapback]

124218[/snapback]

124242[/snapback]

Go on then, who is?

He's the best English midfielder in his position in the world, in club football though.

124382[/snapback]

I meant that I'd play Gerrard ahead of Lampard, but I'm a bit confused by your post.

124157[/snapback]

124218[/snapback]

124242[/snapback]

Go on then, who is?

124382[/snapback]

I meant that I'd play Gerrard ahead of Lampard, but I'm a bit confused by your post.

124399[/snapback]

Sorry, I simply meant that Lampard IS the best in that position, but not at International level for some reason.

Gerrard is vastly over-rated in my opinion.

124157[/snapback]

124218[/snapback]

124242[/snapback]

Go on then, who is?

124382[/snapback]

124399[/snapback]

Sorry, I simply meant that Lampard IS the best in that position, but not at International level for some reason.

124403[/snapback]

So who do you think is the best player in his position for England then?

124157[/snapback]

124218[/snapback]

124242[/snapback]

Go on then, who is?

124382[/snapback]

124399[/snapback]

124403[/snapback]

124424[/snapback]

Well it was Scholes - don't think anyone has particularly excelled for England since him. Dyer? :lol: I don't think the system England play really suits either Lampard or Gerrard, especially with them both in the same team. I'd still pick Lampard over Gerrard in the middle for England though, and play Gerrard wide, like he plays for Liverpool.

124424[/snapback]

Paul Robinson! :lol:

124572[/snapback]

Is that what he means though? I thought he meant "who do you think is the best player in Lampard's position for England"

124157[/snapback]

124218[/snapback]

124242[/snapback]

Go on then, who is?

124382[/snapback]

124399[/snapback]

124403[/snapback]

I agree, when was the last time Gerrard had a decent game for England?

124157[/snapback]

124218[/snapback]

124242[/snapback]

Go on then, who is?

124382[/snapback]

124399[/snapback]

124403[/snapback]

I agree, when was the last time Gerrard had a decent game for England?

124739[/snapback]

The last time he was playing without that lump Lampard, and having to cover for him all the time :lol:

Getting back to Essien, for his transfer fee, I think he's been a massive disapointment, although I've got to give him credit for his goal at the weekend, but much like Drogba, he has not lived up to his fee.

I think he's finally started to look decent in the last few games.

So if that's his settling in period over, and he'll get some more top class team mates for next season, Chelsea's going to be even further ahead of us.

I am predicting great things from Amdy Faye next season though, that he'll move back to Portsmouth. That'd be fucking great

Getting back to Essien, for his transfer fee, I think he's been a massive disapointment, although I've got to give him credit for his goal at the weekend, but much like Drogba, he has not lived up to his fee.

124770[/snapback]

I think he is slowly adjusting to the pace of the premiership and is improving with every game. Could be top class next season

I think we'd have saw a much better Essien say if he was at Man Yoo or The Arse we're he was the boss of the midfield and not the 3rd soul so to speak where he could be going up and down being a true box to box player as i think he's fantastic

Re: Essien, given Mourinho has played with two up-front recently (something he should have done against Barca much earlier in my opinion) and that Ballack is likely to sign next season, will he even get a game? And will Makelele?

Re: Essien, given Mourinho has played with two up-front recently (something he should have done against Barca much earlier in my opinion) and that Ballack is likely to sign next season, will he even get a game? And will Makelele?

125071[/snapback]

I still think he will, for the simple reason that Lampard has looked tired a few times this season. Even though he's scored so many goals and played very well there has been times when I've seen him and thought, "you just need a bit of a rest son".

125071[/snapback]

If they drop Makelele, they won't win the league IMO. Him and Terry have easily been their best players this season.

I don't understand the signing of Ballack. He's too similar to Lampard. Wonder if I'll have to be a Barca fan next year after all? :lol:

125071[/snapback]

If they drop Makelele, they won't win the league IMO. Him and Terry have easily been their best players this season.

I don't understand the signing of Ballack. He's too similar to Lampard. Wonder if I'll have to be a Barca fan next year after all? :lol:

125695[/snapback]

Anyone to improve your squad and i feel Ballack could do that, if i was a player i'd have voted Makelele for player of the year no doubt

125071[/snapback]

125695[/snapback]

I do find it strange, too. I am not sure if Ballack will be a success. But the fact that he might not be seen as the messiah in the team could suit him. And if he learns to stop his moaning and diving it will suit our national team as well...

125071[/snapback]

125695[/snapback]

And if he learns to stop his moaning and diving it will suit our national team as well...

125853[/snapback]

Chances of that happening at Chelsea = 100000000000000/1.