Rossi On Loan

Tooj

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re the "we used to compete with Man United, now we take their reserve players on loan" comments - we haven't genuinely competed with Man United for a decade.  If you haven't come to terms with that yet, you really should.

188296[/snapback]

well we got right back up there for one season under Robson. So not quite that long ago.

188305[/snapback]

We had a couple of seasons where we punched above our weight man - same as Spurs and Everton have done in the last few years. We were never long term competition for Man United.

188313[/snapback]

The punching above our weight comment is BS, and you know it. We came third, at one stage we had an outside chance of even winning the league, but we blew it, big style. But at least then we were aspiring to match ManU and more than compete with the likes of Liverpool, which should always be a realistic aim at a club of our size.

188335[/snapback]

Correct, its the same BS argument as people saying we didn't deserve to finish 4th and 5th the 2 seasons we did when the whole point of a league season of playing every other team home and away is to show you exactly where you deserve to finish.

Fergie himself said NUFC could very well have won the title if Bellamy hadn't got injured after which we fell away from the title chase. I think it was away to the Mackems he got injured wasn't it?

Worlds most lightweight forwardline.

188085[/snapback]

Have you never seen Martins?

He's an absolute beast, certainly no pushover.

189179[/snapback]

Olof Mellberg will have formed a slightly other opinion.

188085[/snapback]

189179[/snapback]

Seen him plenty. Wins nothing in the air.

189181[/snapback]

Neither does Henry.

188085[/snapback]

189179[/snapback]

189181[/snapback]

Neither does Henry.

189208[/snapback]

You're comparing Rossi to Henry.

Thanks for that, needed cheering up :nufc:

Does anyone know if he can play in Europe for us, since he is going back in January they might need him for the champions’ league?

190407[/snapback]

No, Fergie does not want him cup tied...

190413[/snapback]

Is that right? :nufc: Ferguson taking the piss tbh - as if he's gonna play this kid in the CL.

188085[/snapback]

189179[/snapback]

189181[/snapback]

Neither does Henry.

189208[/snapback]

190410[/snapback]

Think he was comparing Martins to Henry, no? <_<

Does anyone know if he can play in Europe for us, since he is going back in January they might need him for the champions’ league?

190407[/snapback]

No, Fergie does not want him cup tied...

190413[/snapback]

Is that right? :nufc: Ferguson taking the piss tbh - as if he's gonna play this kid in the CL.

190421[/snapback]

Fair enough though I reckon. They might need him so why take the risk of getting him cup-tied. Beggars can't be choosers can they? We've got Luque for Europe anyway <_<

188085[/snapback]

189179[/snapback]

189181[/snapback]

Neither does Henry.

189208[/snapback]

190410[/snapback]

Think he was comparing Martins to Henry, no? :(

190424[/snapback]

Fair point, forgot who we were talking about ;)

But still... <_<

188085[/snapback]

189179[/snapback]

189181[/snapback]

Neither does Henry.

189208[/snapback]

190410[/snapback]

Think he was comparing Martins to Henry, no? ;)

190424[/snapback]

But still... <_<

190434[/snapback]

:( You divvy!

Not especially comparing Martins to Henry either, just saying that you don't have to be great in the air to be a top-class striker. Although with our tactics you do...

I can understand some of the comments on here about loaning players from Man Utd but I think you are getting an awesome prospect here.

I can't understand Fergie on this one and think he's taking a massive uneccessary risk.

His current strikers are Louis 'balsa wood' Saha, Wayne 'Mr Suspeneded' Rooney, Ole 'out for 2 years' Gunner & Alan ' Broken leg' Smith.

The real danger here for Fergie is that Rossi is a massive success with you. It's OK saying as some on here are, that even if he does well, he just goes back to Man Utd with more experience, but life's not as simple as that.

It's the players that call the shots today.

Picture the scenario, Rossi has an awesome few months with you. The fans take him to their hearts and demand Fat Fred tries to buy him. The kid is made up with the adulation he's getting on Tyneside and wants to stay. Lord Ferg says 'no' your'e coming back to OT to play in the reserves and understudy Rooney!

Rossi spits his dummy out, gets his agent demanding the transfer etc, he'll end up getting the move he wants, particularly with Rooney being so young.

IMO this kid will be top class with a bit more experience under his belt.

I can understand some of the comments on here about loaning players from Man Utd but I think you are getting an awesome prospect here.

190449[/snapback]

We've only got him for three months. A prospect is not what we're looking for.

188085[/snapback]

189179[/snapback]

189181[/snapback]

Neither does Henry.

189208[/snapback]

190410[/snapback]

Think he was comparing Martins to Henry, no? ;)

190424[/snapback]

But still... <_<

190434[/snapback]

:( You divvy!

Not especially comparing Martins to Henry either, just saying that you don't have to be great in the air to be a top-class striker. Although with our tactics you do...

190448[/snapback]

Isn't that kinda the point I was making when I said we had a lightweight forward-line? Arsenal actually have a lot of height in their team, regardless of whether Henry is amazing in the air or not.

I can't understand Fergie on this one and think he's taking a massive uneccessary risk.

His current strikers are Louis 'balsa wood' Saha, Wayne 'Mr Suspeneded' Rooney, Ole 'out for 2 years' Gunner & Alan ' Broken leg' Smith.

The real danger here for Fergie is that Rossi is a massive success with you. It's OK saying as some on here are, that even if he does well, he just goes back to Man Utd with more experience, but life's not as simple as that.

It's the players that call the shots today.

Picture the scenario, Rossi has an awesome few months with you. The fans take him to their hearts and demand Fat Fred tries to buy him. The kid is made up with the adulation he's getting on Tyneside and wants to stay. Lord Ferg says 'no' your'e coming back to OT to play in the reserves and understudy Rooney!

Rossi spits his dummy out, gets his agent demanding the transfer etc, he'll end up getting the move he wants, particularly with Rooney being so young.

IMO this kid will be top class with a bit more experience under his belt.

190449[/snapback]

I like your version of events. :nufc: