N'Zogbia

Guest Patrokles

Guest Patrokles

Now, I rate Charlie as much as anyone, but today raises a very interesting dilemma. Today we had two wide players who worked fucking incredibly hard, back and forth, and also had the quality to beat their men when desired- but knew when it was best to check and keep posession.

I have never been Milner's biggest fan, but what I've seen this season is hugely encouraging. His work-rate has always been phenomenal, but he seems to have added some quality too. Playing him on the right allows Duff to play his more natural position on the left.

Although I was initially very in favour of N'Zogiba wide left and Duff wide right, I have to admit that I couldn't see myself dropping any of the midfield today. Allied to Charlie's so-so performances so far, and I'm afraid that, as much as I like him as a player, I'd give this new midfield a few games at least to see where it takes us.

Now, I rate Charlie as much as anyone, but today raises a very interesting dilemma. Today we had two wide players who worked fucking incredibly hard, back and forth, and also had the quality to beat their men when desired- but knew when it was best to check and keep posession.

I have never been Milner's biggest fan, but what I've seen this season is hugely encouraging. His work-rate has always been phenomenal, but he seems to have added some quality too. Playing him on the right allows Duff to play his more natural position on the left.

Although I was initially very in favour of N'Zogiba wide left and Duff wide right, I have to admit that I couldn't see myself dropping any of the midfield today. Allied to Charlie's so-so performances so far, and I'm afraid that, as much as I like him as a player, I'd give this new midfield a few games at least to see where it takes us.

nothing wrong with that, along as one of them gets injured/suspended/play crap give charlie a chance to stake a claim to the left wing spot. About time we had some competition for places here eh

I do agree. Duff is far better on the left than on the right. It's nice to have him in the squad, although I still think left wing wasn't a position that needen strengthening and hopefully will end in the departure of the Zog. I do like Charlie for his far more positive aproach to the game than other players. He actually is willing to take the game into the half of the oppositon and run at players. Hopefully he will get kept happy by getting enough first team action. I wouldn't mind him playing in central midfield at times instead of Emre who plays far too deep for my liking, something that is especially a problem in games against weeker teams and at home.

Emre has been vying with Parker for our player of the season so far.

I agree, Emre has been superb of late, I rate Zog very highly, but I see no harm in rotating him and Emre when ever possible, with the track record of both Duff and Emre, either or both will pick up a knock now and again and then its up to Zog to keep the shirt.

I really don't think Emre was that great so far this season. He definitely puts a lot of defensive effort in, but I do think the result is a lack of creativity in midfield and very little created goal chances from open play. His tantrum throwing against Villa was partly to blame why we never got back into the game and had to waste our subs early. Against Wigan he was nothing specia, against Fulham slightly better and today good but not outstanding (IMHO). I really would like to see him taking a far more positive aproach to the game.

Edited by Isegrim

Emre was excellent yesterday, MOM I thought, looked more willing to run with the ball and beat people than usual and worked his socks off in midfield.

I agree with the original post about playing Milner, I thought both the wingers played well yesterday, although Duff looked a touch reluctant to go round the outside of his man. Milner had a very good game though, high work rate and a willingness to try and get to the byline.

Having said that, I would consider bringing Butt in for Emre, despite his performance yesterday, for the Liverpool game.

I'm not sure if sitting back is the best way to deal with Liverpool, I've not been impressed with them at all this season, it might be best if we took the game to them, the only tactical team selection I would make is to leave Titus Bramble at home.

Emre s an awesome player, MOM again imo yeserday and i can't understand his critics at all.

Other than Given whom i assume is injured, the team should remain the same for liverpool, i'd have taylor on the bench, not sure why he wasn't yesterday?

Would have been nice to have seen Bernard on the bench, Babayaro is the laziest pile of shite I've ever seen at left-back. He put Given in some trouble with that clearance by not getting back to get the ball. Shay obviously knew he wouldn't bother and even Ramage was shouting and balling at him throughout.

I can see Kuyt looking forward to the game against us so I hope Ramage & Moore carry on that kind of form on Wednesday. Same goes for Martins, hopefully that goal has boosted his confidence...

Emre - superb of late? He's done quite well, let's not get carried away. Would still rather see N'Zogbia in there.

I really rate Zoggy, think he's a cracking player but Emre and parker have to start against Liverpool, the team should be unchanged injuries allowing (harper in for Given by the looks). Emre's a special little player very intellegent great vision and passing ability and also gets really stuck in too, good with a dead ball and has a very good shot too, i don't understand his critics at all as we have been missing a central midfield playmaker of his class for some time! zoggy's very unlucky that we managed to get Duff and i would certainly look to use him from the bench come wednesday for anyone who is struggling.

Emre - superb of late? He's done quite well, let's not get carried away. Would still rather see N'Zogbia in there.

I really rate Zoggy, think he's a cracking player but Emre and parker have to start against Liverpool, the team should be unchanged injuries allowing (harper in for Given by the looks). Emre's a special little player very intellegent great vision and passing ability and also gets really stuck in too, good with a dead ball and has a very good shot too, i don't understand his critics at all as we have been missing a central midfield playmaker of his class for some time! zoggy's very unlucky that we managed to get Duff and i would certainly look to use him from the bench come wednesday for anyone who is struggling.

I like Emre, and he's been decent recently, but I'm not sure where the playmaker tag is coming from. He's neat and tidy and he's not giving the ball away as much as he used to (he's also stopped feeling sorry for himself when he loses it), but he's not getting in advanced areas enough, and I haven't seen much evidence of his playmaking. I'm still expecting more from him tbh.

Emre s an awesome player, MOM again imo yeserday and i can't understand his critics at all.

Other than Given whom i assume is injured, the team should remain the same for liverpool, i'd have taylor on the bench, not sure why he wasn't yesterday?

The story goes that the injury he suffered playing for the U21's hadn't sufficiently cleared up...

As I said in the predictions for the hammers thread, we look a better side with Duff in his natural position and Milner on the right. Zoggy at his age and experience is better as a high impact player coming off the bench. He doesn`t seem to be consistant for a 90 min period. Everyone prefering Zoggy getting in the starting line up sacraficing a player in their natural position are being too loyal to the Zog. His time will come.

I wasn`t as impressed with Emre as most were last season. The last 2 matches i`ve seen him he has been the quality Emre I thought we were getting when we bought him. As for Butt I think he will be better coming on for Parker when he is on a yellow and last warning...its bound to happen with the size of the Liverpool team out muscling us. Or if we take a lead bring Butt on for Martins leaving Shola or Sib as a long striker.

As I said in the predictions for the hammers thread, we look a better side with Duff in his natural position and Milner on the right. Zoggy at his age and experience is better as a high impact player coming off the bench. He doesn`t seem to be consistant for a 90 min period. Everyone prefering Zoggy getting in the starting line up sacraficing a player in their natural position are being too loyal to the Zog. His time will come.

I wasn`t as impressed with Emre as most were last season. The last 2 matches i`ve seen him he has been the quality Emre I thought we were getting when we bought him. As for Butt I think he will be better coming on for Parker when he is on a yellow and last warning...its bound to happen with the size of the Liverpool team out muscling us. Or if we take a lead bring Butt on for Martins leaving Shola or Sib as a long striker.

Exactly why Butt should be on from the start tbh. I can see Emre struggling against the likes of Sissoko and Alonso because of his size. Either that or he'll lose his rag. I would have Butt on to stick the boot in and keep them in check.

Exactly why Butt should be on from the start tbh. I can see Emre struggling against the likes of Sissoko and Alonso because of his size. Either that or he'll lose his rag. I would have Butt on to stick the boot in and keep them in check.

Yeah I suppose, at first I was thinking of the negative of losing Emre`s passing but Butt has been a different player this season, spraying some nice passes about.

Guest Patrokles

Emre works significantly harder getting back in the central midfield than N'Zogbia would. What with Parker's new role, you can't afford to have N'Zogbia in there. Butt or Emre, it has to be

Emre works significantly harder getting back in the central midfield than N'Zogbia would. What with Parker's new role, you can't afford to have N'Zogbia in there. Butt or Emre, it has to be

Parker's role would have to be different and I don't see how that point about N'Zogbia workrate comes about. He works hard on the wing.