How many members

Renton

Add me to the list of veggies too. Been vegetarian for over 16 years. Initial reason was the way animals were bred to be eaten, along with the fact that you don't have to eat animals to survive.

Whenever I tell someone that I'm vegetarian they always seem to say "oh, so what do you eat then?" I normally respond "nuts and berries really" :lol:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

So the only regular poster that is a veggie is Alex then.

Unless we're using it as a euphemism for homosexuality, in which case we're still in the dark.

I don't think it's a euphemism. More a surrogate marker.

My Mrs is a veggie, on moral grounds. Although, she's a bit of a fanny when it comes to animals really. Took her to the dogs Saturday night and she spent the entire night 'hoping they were being treated well.' Jesus wept, I was just happy when the fuckers crossed the line first.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

that you don't have to eat animals to survive.

You do realise you don't have to drink beer to survive as well, right?

Is the logical conclusion of "you don't have to eat x to survive, therefore I won't eat it", that there is no single thing you need to eat to survive and therefore you should eat nothing and starve to death?

Edited by ObaGol

You do realise being fat is a lifestyle choice, right?

Wor lass was Veggie-ish (no honest!) until she watched some prog recently where they slaughtered a pig, now she is all veggie (all veggie? aye brussles for eyes an that).

Its a nightmare. Cooking a stirfry we now have to do my meat in a different pan etc and I wont eat her lumps of whatever its meant to be (Quorn?).

On that, why do they make Quorn things to look like meat and taste like meat? Does that not go against part of the idea?

Wor lass was Veggie-ish (no honest!) until she watched some prog recently where they slaughtered a pig, now she is all veggie (all veggie? aye brussles for eyes an that).

Its a nightmare. Cooking a stirfry we now have to do my meat in a different pan etc and I wont eat her lumps of whatever its meant to be (Quorn?).

On that, why do they make Quorn things to look like meat and taste like meat? Does that not go against part of the idea?

Not really, if the reason for giving up meat is on moral grounds.

Depends why you're a veggie but in your girlfriends case, I don't see why since her's seems to be a moral stance.

Is the logical conclusion of "you don't have to eat x to survive, therefore I won't eat it", that there is no single thing you need to eat to survive and therefore you should eat nothing and starve to death?

:lol:

i.e. thoosands and thoosands of years ago we had to eat meat to survive, now we don't...

However, a poor hooker would probably disagree...

My aunt borders on being a Vegan and she got my dad to be one of those fishy veggies that Alex hates, and I was the same till I was about fifteen.

Mainly because of taste for me although I've always found the idea fish at least having a life of their own before they got caught somewhat comforting (I know this doesn't always stand up in reality).

But I always found the look of Chicken and Steak appealing and as I've got older I've ate more and more meat.

I do still enjoy vegetable dishes a lot and if I'm having pizza or pasta I nearly always go for the veggie option.

My aunt borders on being a Vegan and she got my dad to be one of those fishy veggies that Alex hates, and I was the same till I was about fifteen.

Mainly because of taste for me although I've always found the idea fish at least having a life of their own before they got caught somewhat comforting (I know this doesn't always stand up in reality).

But I always found the look of Chicken and Steak appealing and as I've got older I've ate more and more meat.

I do still enjoy vegetable dishes a lot and if I'm having pizza or pasta I nearly always go for the veggie option.

Apart from when they're bred in a fish farm...

Pescatarians tbqfh

But they're fish!

Pescatarians tbqfh

Demivegs is a term I have heard. Not the best term though, admittedly.

Not just then, with shrimp fishing something like 95% of the catch is discarded (already dead).

Pescatarians tbqfh

Demivegs is a term I have heard. Not the best term though, admittedly.

Meat eater is another...

Not just then, with shrimp fishing something like 95% of the catch is discarded (already dead).

Like I said, I know it doesn't stand up in reality but I never let that get in the way of a good theory :lol:

Like I said, I know it doesn't stand up in reality but I never let that get in the way of a good theory :D

Leazes-esque :lol:

I'm a vegetarian, have been for about seven years, and made the change for moral reasons. I'm the only veggie in my family and my mum was great when I lived at home cooking separately for me. I normally find it quite awkward when I'm at someone else's and they're offering to cook me something. The thing I dread most is when I grow up and get invited to someone else's for Christmas.

I've been a vegetarian since I was about 11. School tried to brainwash you with all those slaughter house videos and telling you eating animals was bad. I was sucked in. To be honest I found it sickly and never been able to eat the stuff since.