Foo Fighters - DOA

Devin Davis - Iron Woman

Hard Rain - Who You Gonna Trust

American Hi-Fi - Maybe Won't Do

41829[/snapback]

:lol:

Rammstein - Keine Lust

Art Brut - Emily Kane

I'm not a huge fan of The Milk of Human Kindness by Caribou but I'm constantly listening to the track Bees from it.  Velvet Underground fans will love it.

40621[/snapback]

Good call, I listened to the album all the way through for the first time last night and there were a few songs I found quite annoying but Bees is a cracking track and Yeti and the last two are good also.

elbow - cast of thousands  :lol:

brmc - howl  :huh: Reminds me of Darklands by jmc when they lost their noise.

37739[/snapback]

Have you heard Leaders Of The Free World by Elbow yet?

It's meant to be very good. I'm dubious though because the only song of theirs I've ever liked was Ribcage.

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm in preperation for their live show on thursday night. At the moment I think I'll hang around the bar and get pissed but I'm hoping it might get familiar enough to warrant a venture toward the stage and a bit of diving.

The Trivium album.. Anybody else heard it.. It's mint! One of the few albums I've recently taken a liking to!

43002[/snapback]

Which one? There's a song called Gunshot to the head which is canny, it's on the Ascendancy album.

Currently: Tears for fears - Everybody wants to rule the world.

I'm listening to the end of Eddie Perfect's song "Dwayne's Song (Some of my best friends are aboriginal)" ... which takes the piss outta racists.

Oh, that's finished now. I'm NOW listening to his song entitled "John Howard's Bitches"... which takes the piss out of John Howard (Aussie Prime Minister), and people who complain about him then vote him back in again.

The Trivium album.. Anybody else heard it.. It's mint! One of the few albums I've recently taken a liking to!

43002[/snapback]

Which one? There's a song called Gunshot to the head which is canny, it's on the Ascendancy album.

Currently: Tears for fears - Everybody wants to rule the world.

43011[/snapback]

It's called Ascendancy... It's ledge as is Gunshot to the head. All the songs are good actually.. I heard originally they were like Bullet for my valentine which is why i never got into them at first!

Elbow - cast of thousands

43131[/snapback]

Asked on the last page and I don't think you could've read it because it was an excellent question that demanded a response. Have you heard the new album yet? Leaders of the Free World?

Best yet by all accounts.

43131[/snapback]

Asked on the last page and I don't think you could've read it because it was an excellent question that demanded a response. Have you heard the new album yet? Leaders of the Free World?

43133[/snapback]

No not yet. Actually whenI bought this it was only because I was searching for the new release (still yet to be released here).

I hadn't realised that there had been a follow up to Asleep at the wheel.

Our national indie station has been playing the "single" which has definitely got me interested.

43131[/snapback]

43133[/snapback]

No not yet. Actually whenI bought this it was only because I was searching for the new release (still yet to be released here).

I hadn't realised that there had been a follow up to Asleep at the wheel.

Our national indie station has been playing the "single" which has definitely got me interested.

43141[/snapback]

I've had a quick listen and they seem as bland as ever to me. Don't think I'll be going back to it much.

Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine

I'm loving it at the moment but I've never been able to keep enjoying female singer songwriters albums. Call it a gross generalisation, but any female solo artist gets boring fast. I loved albums by Indie Arie, Tori Amos, Bjork, Aimee Mann ands loads of others but whenever I put them on now I turn them off after a couple of songs.

The only exceptions that spring to mind are Aretha Franklin and Camille who I can listen to for days.

Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine

Personally, she could sing with all the ability of a chicken and I would sit and watch her for days because she is so gorgeous.

Edited by sammynb

Satriani - Surfing With the Alien

Went to see a friend play his guitar at Agora the other night and he covered this perfectly. Hadn't heard it for ages before then.