What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

I'm listening to Joinee Radio online, tonight it's being run by the infamous Joinee Whitby.

Redd Kross - Secret Life is currently playing.

Whitby's lining up some Beatles tracks for me in a few mins though, hurrah.

The Good Die Young - Music Soul (rough demo)

A member of the band sent me a message on Last.fm mentioning that we both liked Elbow and asked what I thought of their stuff. Listening to a few tracks through their myspace page and they are pretty good. They are doing a few gigs round Leeds and York.

A few covers for me tonight...

String Cheese Incident - Walk This Way

Blind Melon - Three is the magic number

Lemonheads - Live Forever

Oasis - I Am The Walrus ("Doesn't matter if it's out of tune")

REM - The Passenger

Richard Cheese - Rape Me

So far this morning...

Ricky Gervais' latest Podcast (the most blatantly scripted so far).

The Arctic Monkeys - Whatever etc. (Still not convinced, though ...Dancefloor is a great song).

Beastie Boys - To The 5 Boroughs

Radiohead - Kid A

Why do you think the podcasts are scripted?

83833[/snapback]

Maybe 'scripted' is going too far, but certainly planned and played in character. I always thought Pilkington was a put on. In this weeks, with the diary of fat men sneezing and that, it went too far. Why did he bring it in to work if he's serious about it?

I still think they've all been brilliant, and pissed myself laughing. Better than most scripted TV comedy.

Why do you think the podcasts are scripted?

83833[/snapback]

Maybe 'scripted' is going too far, but certainly planned and played in character. I always thought Pilkington was a put on. In this weeks, with the diary of fat men sneezing and that, it went too far. Why did he bring it in to work if he's serious about it?

I still think they've all been brilliant, and pissed myself laughing. Better than most scripted TV comedy.

83836[/snapback]

I wouldn't even go that far. I think Pilkington's stupidity may be hammed up slightly but I can't see it being planned and played. Gervais and Merchant would be daft to keep a character like Karl Pilkington solely for radio (especially since these Podcasts aren't a profitable or permanant thing) and I doubt they could write scripts for Pilkington every week, especially since it takes them two months to write an episode of Extras.

Edited by David Icke - Son of God

I wouldn't even go that far. I think Pilkington's stupidity may be hammed up slightly but I can't see it being planned and played. Gervais and Merchant would be daft to keep a character like Karl Pilkington solely for radio (especially since these Podcasts aren't a profitable or permanant thing) and I doubt they could write scripts for Pilkington every week, especially since it takes them two months to write an episode of Extras.

83839[/snapback]

Pilkington wouldn't work on TV. He's basically a man who says stupid things. There's no need for a story, jokes or payoff.

Monkey news is becoming a bit tired now too.

The stone roses -second coming, officially one of the most under rated albums EVER!

84219[/snapback]

Probably Wacky's best post ever.

Ten Story Love Song.

84249[/snapback]

Good album like, nowt could have lived up to hype/expectation really.