What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Fantastiche!

"It's often in the morning

my hands are shaking

my face

it doesn't belong to me

Water! -- comes nearly like a shock to me"

The "Water!" bit actually made me laugh out loud.

Only 4879kb to go!!!

Then I might go sleep...... :)

I'm listening to a song that sings the phrase "decomposing skin" in the most beautiful fashion ever. Marvellous. (It's even preceded by the words "and the seagulls started pecking at your...." It's such a surprisingly pretty song.)

Gracia - The Man With The Scissors

(just to prove to Brock that she's managed some kind of career since coming last at Eurovision. :))

Never before has the word "scissors" been sung with such passion.

Apparently it's a tribute to her stylist, who died recently. Unfortunately, much as I'd love to be sympathetic, it's the most overblown and ridiculous thing I've ever heard... and, in true foreigners-speaking-English style, they don't seem to realise how inherently wrong it is to base the chorus of a pop song around the word "scissors". :)

Edited by Meenzer

Cee-lo - Green in the Soul Machine

You've got to love rap music, hip-hop where it sounds like they've virtually cast the kitchen sink into the mix. There's so much going on lyrically, musically, you just can't keep up with the sheer density of ideas being hurled around. Cee-lo's Soul Machine is a good example of everything I love about hip-hop. Not the stupid posturing of thug jawed retards, but the wit and the breathless way this density of ideas is put down. Still it doesn't sound cluttered and fussy at all, it all fit's together intuitively. Well it would do if your brain and your hips moved a lot faster than mine do. Accessible percussive complexity. Genius. Of course you won't read about that side of rap music in your daily red top, I suppose you might do in your broadsheet supplements but there's no way they'd use the phrase thug jawed retards. They'd be too scared to offend their bosses.

Cee-lo - Green in the Soul Machine

You've got to love rap music, hip-hop where it sounds like they've virtually cast the kitchen sink into the mix. There's so much going on lyrically, musically, you just can't keep up with the sheer density of ideas being hurled around. Cee-lo's Soul Machine is a good example of everything I love about hip-hop. Not the stupid posturing of thug jawed retards, but the wit and the breathless way this density of ideas is put down. Still it doesn't sound cluttered and fussy at all, it all fit's together intuitively. Well it would do if your brain and your hips moved a lot faster than mine do. Accessible percussive complexity. Genius. Of course you won't read about that side of rap music in your daily red top, I suppose you might do in your broadsheet supplements but there's no way they'd use the phrase thug jawed retards. They'd be too scared to offend their bosses.

78398[/snapback]

Bohemian Rhapsody..

Do you write for the Guardian or the Sunday Times or something ????

Kinks- Lola

She walked up to me and she asked me to dance

I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said lola

L-o-l-a lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola