Bond poised for Newcastle axe

Jimbo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle terminate Bond contract

Newcastle have terminated the contract of assistant manager Kevin Bond.

Bond was placed on gardening leave after a BBC Panorama programme secretly recorded him saying he would consider receiving payments from an agent.

The coach, who was at Portsmouth at the time, says he has never been interested in receiving bungs and is expected to sue the BBC for libel.

"Newcastle has terminated Kevin Bond's contract," read a statement on the Premiership club's official website.

Bond ended his long association with Harry Redknapp in July by leaving Portsmouth to become Glenn Roeder's number two at Newcastle.

Now reports suggest Lee Clark could be promoted to work alongside Roeder.

Bond's camp stated his intention to sue when his solicitor, David Price, said: "The short extract from my client's conversation with the reporter was taken out of context and presented in a completely misleading manner."

Lee Clark has nowhere near the experience to be a number 2. The number 2 is supposed to be a relatively experienced head that the manager can turn to to bounce ideas off. Clark is so inexperienced that his only response to Roeder bouncing ideas off him will be "Errr, aye that sounds about right." I know everyone needs to start somewhere but ffs he's only had one or two season's worth of coaching experience, and he wasn't considered eligible for the job when we brought Bond in, so he shouldn't be eligible for it now.

The fast tracking that Clark is getting is all down to his geordie accent.

Feel a bit sorry for the bloke TBQH - although there was implication by what was in the programme, there was nothing concrete to prove he was receiving bungs.

What's more, it had been considered for some time that Harry was anything but kosher and by virtue of his long association with Redknapp, it's no great surprise that fingers have been pointed in Bond's direction.

A bit of a panic move by NUFC IMO. Will we owe the bloke any compensation for this or not? :good:

Lee Clark has nowhere near the experience to be a number 2. The number 2 is supposed to be a relatively experienced head that the manager can turn to to bounce ideas off. Clark is so inexperienced that his only response to Roeder bouncing ideas off him will be "Errr, aye that sounds about right." I know everyone needs to start somewhere but ffs he's only had one or two season's worth of coaching experience, and he wasn't considered eligible for the job when we brought Bond in, so he shouldn't be eligible for it now.

I'd be keen to see if Shearer was interested in it tbh. Him and Roeder seemed to work well together last season and he is likely to command respect from the players as a result of him being the captain previously.

Probably be unable to though as he appears to be becoming a regular fixture on MOTD these days...

I'd be keen to see if Shearer was interested in it tbh. Him and Roeder seemed to work well together last season and he is likely to command respect from the players as a result of him being the captain previously.

Probably be unable to though as he appears to be becoming a regular fixture on MOTD these days...

I reckon he'll probably have some sort of clause in his MOTD contract if he were to ever get involved in those sort of matters.

Once again the club looks like a complete joke.

A couple of months into his job we sack the bloke beacuse of some allegations without making any investigation into them and then we appoint someone without anything the qualifications to replace him.

Yet again we are showing that with the current administration we will never be anything but a punchline for the jokes of others.

I have absolutely no expectations to ever see us back amongst the elite clubs in this country let alone actually win anything. I am now back in exactly the same frame of mind towards this joke of a club as I was when Souness was in charge.

I have absolutely no expectations to ever see us back amongst the elite clubs in this country let alone actually win anything. I am now back in exactly the same frame of mind towards this joke of a club as I was when Souness was in charge.

:good:

Sadly, I agree..

Shambles, it really is. The state of the squad, the total lack of qualified coaches. We are a Premiership football team ffs. All of this stems from the man at the top - if an unprofessional tone is set at the top of an organisation then it permeates to all levels. There isn't another team in the division run like this.

Whether Clark gets the job or not, we still need qualified coaches bringing in IMMEDIATELY. What's the bets we make do with what we've got, despite being 2 coaches down on what we started the season with. Expect our already poor performances to deteriorate if we don't sort this out.

Why dont we get some European influence into our coaching system? Get some of the coaches from Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV or from Spain or something?

We are a complete joke for what it is worth.

Doesn't fit in with the fat fuckwit's Geordie nation "plan" tbh.

Why dont we get some European influence into our coaching system? Get some of the coaches from Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV or from Spain or something?

Doesn't fit in with the fat fuckwit's Geordie nation "plan" tbh.

Hitzzfeld for coach?

mbem05.jpg

'Yes boss. Goals boss. No boss etc.'

Because Shearer would rather work with Geordie legend Lee Clark.

The following statement from Kevin Bond was issued via his legal advisors on Tuesday, following confirmation from Newcastle United that he had been relieved of his position with immediate effect:

"I am extremely disappointed that Newcastle United Football Club has chosen to terminate my contract without carrying out any proper

investigation into the allegations made against me in Panorama.

"My lawyers will shortly be going to court to compel the BBC to release full transcripts of the recordings.

"Rather than waiting for this and the outcome of any FA investigation, NUFC have made their decision solely on the basis of a few sentences carefully selected and edited by Panorama.

"I intend to pursue all legal avenues to vindicate my reputation and restore my career and livelihood."

Bond left Portsmouth in July of this year to take up the post of assistant to Glenn Roeder.

However he found himself on so-called gardening leave after it became known that he would feature in a BBC Panorama programme, being absent from the first team squad that travelled to Estonia and failing to reappear after.

Source: http://www.nufc.com/

Feel a bit sorry for the bloke. You get involved with a dodgy prick like Redknapp, and before you know it you're jobless and your reputation is a mess. I don't know the extent of his involvement in any of it, but not a nice time for him at all.