My first ever lecture

Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without trying to sound racist. Asians have no street awareness s. They just walk really slowly and can never hear you stomping loudly behind in a "get out of my way" manner.

Surely the Muslims should have had a name check by now?

And what about the blacks?

cheggers_big.jpg

there.....that should cover both nicely!

I'm starting to feel old now like, bloody freshers everywhere with their maps. And without meaning to sound racist, i'm sure there are thousands more Chinese/Japanese kids here this year, and they all walk so fucking slowly!

Probably because they can't see where their going

I'm starting to feel old now like, bloody freshers everywhere with their maps. And without meaning to sound racist, i'm sure there are thousands more Chinese/Japanese kids here this year, and they all walk so fucking slowly!

Probably because they can't see where their going

:good:

There is loads of Chinese at Northumbria like. Loads of fine bitches kicking about aswell like.

Also seems like there's loads of strudents with Lancashire accents wandering round town.

Which makes up for having a few of us lot around here I guess!

Annnnnd what kind of fuckin' time is this?! :D

First day back of lectures...

Guest Patrokles

My epiphany came in the third week of my first year when I slept through (in my bed, not in the lecture itself) my 12 o'clock lecture. Suddenly it dawned on me that I could do this for every single lecture, and didn't attend another for the rest of my time at university.

My epiphany came in the third week of my first year when I slept through (in my bed, not in the lecture itself) my 12 o'clock lecture. Suddenly it dawned on me that I could do this for every single lecture, and didn't attend another for the rest of my time at university.

I strangely enjoy most of my lectures....

But the ones I don't, I tend to give a miss.

I spent last week and the week before as an international student guide at Northumbria Uni, showing foreign, non EU students around. There were lots from China but also a lot of other - orientals Taiwanese, Thais, Vietnamese, Singaporese Filipinos and Malaysians. Not many Japanese or Koreans compared to the others, but one or two.

A lot from India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan as well.

One or two from the Middle East and Israel, quite a few from various African countries and the rest were from Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA.

Quite a lot of EU students as well, but they were sorted out separately from the other foreigners. I did some city tours and one day, I did one for the EU students because the EU student guides were a bit thin on the ground. It was a lot easier doing the tour for them than for the other International Students.

I strangely enjoy most of my lectures....

But the ones I don't, I tend to give a miss.

I don't miss lectures unless I have a reason. I don't mind most the lectures. If I'm not at Uni or doing stuff, I'll just get bored.

I'm now being made to sign in at every fucking lecture. Doing a postgrad course but being treated like a fucking primary school kid. :D

Aye, they brought that in halfway through my undergrad course. Still only turned up to about 60% of my classes in final year. They won't fuck with you if you're halfway competent as it'd play hell with their league tables, but I suppose that's less relevant if you're postgrad.

Guest Patrokles

Jesus wept, all these lazy students have to do is attend a few lectures a week and even that's too much for them!

Your pacman high score says that someone else spends a lot of time doing nothing too!

I made about 90% of lectures (I had usually 20-25hours worth a week) on average at uni. The ones i tended to miss were when it was 1 hour in the morning then nothing else for the rest of the day, too much effort getting up to walk 25 min to uni for a 50 min lecture, just to then spend 25 min walking home. Most folk made most of the lectures though, as the subjects got pretty hard pretty quick, so if you missed them it made the exam neigh on impossible.

I made about 90% of lectures (I had usually 20-25hours worth a week) on average at uni. The ones i tended to miss were when it was 1 hour in the morning then nothing else for the rest of the day, too much effort getting up to walk 25 min to uni for a 50 min lecture, just to then spend 25 min walking home. Most folk made most of the lectures though, as the subjects got pretty hard pretty quick, so if you missed them it made the exam neigh on impossible.

I think it's different if you do science and medicine compared to a lot of the humanities etc. Medicine is more like a job, in fact the hours are probably worse. The same was true when I did Pharmacology, especially in the last year. Post graduate research involved working 12 hours days (to fit in all the experiments) and working on bank holidays etc.

I'd love to go to lectures now actually, my advice would be not to miss them, especially if you only have half a dozen a week.

Aye, I'd be interested to know exactly how many hours worth of lectures per week are involved in a postgrad course like. I think I had about 18 hours per week when I was doing my degree. What a life, man!

I do 14 hours a week. But taking in the time it takes me to drive there and time I have to spend in between classes it works out more like 31 over 3 days and due to the fact that I don't get a loan or any sort of bursary I have to actually do some real work as well plus there's a fuckload of reading and assignments that I do have to do this year so it works out that I'm relatively busy now compared to previous years.