FAO Leazes Mag

Kevin Carr's Gloves

If not, then why are we the laughing stock of the premier league? :(

daft comment, not true and only said by bairns I'm afraid

You might think it's daft Leazes, but factually it's correct. People are laughing at the piss poor way this club is being run. It's even gone so far that I hear people say they feel sorry for the Newcastle fans, not because of the years without silverware, but for the pathetic displays both on and off the pitch which the input that our fans give is deserving of so much more.

We're an absolute joke at the moment and no wave of a magic wand by the fat fairy is going to turn it all around. Until the upper levels of management are re-planted, we're never going to get of this slippery slope.

At the present moment, the Championship beckons, even more so than it did under Souness IMO.

well I am not living in Newcastle just now either, and I haven't heard anyone making a joke of the club. There are plenty of people taking the piss out of Leeds, the mackems, West Ham, Liverpool, Manure whenever they lose, Man City [and Stuart Pearce who you thought was improving them] to name a few....and other clubs such as Sheff Wed when people even remember they exist.....speaking of which I remember when we were a joke just like them which is when we were in a state like that ourselves for quite a long time. Especially when we sold our trophy players ie England players and replaced them with tripe and has beens and ordinary players. Pre - 1992 of course, until this board stepped in and showed new ambitions for the club.

Either way, I suggest you stop being so sensitive. It sounds like they just know they are winding you up, I can't imagine how you would take it if we were shit. Never mind, next week you can remind them how envious they will be when we are playing in europe - again, and they presumably are not.

And - our current situation is exactly what myself and one or two others told you and some others on here would be the legacy of Souness, but you carried on saying we should back him with unlimited funds regardless. So - having forgotten you did all of that, I think you should cast your mind back....and having backed it, why are you moaning.

Wasnt it the chairman rather than the people on this board who backed Souness financially? Lets face it I cant imagine anyone on here being daft enough to hoy £50m at someone like him. The other fella should have known better though.

Why should he ? He's got his views like anyone. If people think he should have backed Souness and think he is thick, then they must be just as thick for agreeing with him .

You understand my point perfectly. They backed Souness spending spree, so they have zero grounds for moaning now.

This is the position which some people forecast we would be in, to the letter, and it was obvious

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If not, then why are we the laughing stock of the premier league? :(

You might think it's daft Leazes, but factually it's correct. People are laughing at the piss poor way this club is being run. It's even gone so far that I hear people say they feel sorry for the Newcastle fans, not because of the years without silverware, but for the pathetic displays both on and off the pitch which the input that our fans give is deserving of so much more.

We're an absolute joke at the moment and no wave of a magic wand by the fat fairy is going to turn it all around. Until the upper levels of management are re-planted, we're never going to get of this slippery slope.

At the present moment, the Championship beckons, even more so than it did under Souness IMO.

well I am not living in Newcastle just now either, and I haven't heard anyone making a joke of the club. There are plenty of people taking the piss out of Leeds, the mackems, West Ham, Liverpool, Manure whenever they lose, Man City [and Stuart Pearce who you thought was improving them] to name a few....and other clubs such as Sheff Wed when people even remember they exist.....speaking of which I remember when we were a joke just like them which is when we were in a state like that ourselves for quite a long time. Especially when we sold our trophy players ie England players and replaced them with tripe and has beens and ordinary players. Pre - 1992 of course, until this board stepped in and showed new ambitions for the club.

Either way, I suggest you stop being so sensitive. It sounds like they just know they are winding you up, I can't imagine how you would take it if we were shit. Never mind, next week you can remind them how envious they will be when we are playing in europe - again, and they presumably are not.

And - our current situation is exactly what myself and one or two others told you and some others on here would be the legacy of Souness, but you carried on saying we should back him with unlimited funds regardless. So - having forgotten you did all of that, I think you should cast your mind back....and having backed it, why are you moaning.

Wasnt it the chairman rather than the people on this board who backed Souness financially? Lets face it I cant imagine anyone on here being daft enough to hoy £50m at someone like him. The other fella should have known better though.

Why should he ? He's got his views like anyone. If people think he should have backed Souness and think he is thick, then they must be just as thick for agreeing with him .

You understand my point perfectly. They backed Souness spending spree, so they have zero grounds for moaning now.

This is the position which some people forecast we would be in, to the letter, and it was obvious

Why should he have known better? Cos every man and his dog knew Souness was never going to succeed. Even those who backed him were well aware of his limitations. The one man who shouldnt have given him that opportunity in the first place never mind back him with that kind of cash is the Chairman. Its his job.

Its not the responsibility of lads on a message board. Whether they are thick or not isnt of any concern. The buck stopped with one man and as you were aware of the potential legacy of Souness, how come the chairman wasnt? Not content with that fuck up he appoints another plank afterwards.

Can he justify either appointment in your view? Can he justify providing these men with funds when we all know that they arent the answer long term or short term?

Leazes will be along later to tell you that fancy Dans like Henry Winter with their university degrees know nothing about football, and only write what they've read in books or been told by their fancy Dan lecturers. Besides, this article was written in the Telegraph, and not the Sun which everyone knows is the true bible of footballing journalism.

Shows him as a moron tbh as Winter is comfortably the best british football journalist about.

In your opinion.

You can answer t-Keiths question if you like and give us a sample of your knowledge.

Why we are a laughing stock? Where do I begin

Incompetent manager that no other Premiership team would ever dream of appointing

Abysmal transfer policy that has seen us spunk £20m on forwards who couldn't hit a cows arse with a shovel

Abysmal recruitment policy that has appointed players/coaches out of mere sentimentality

This coupled with the most shambolic back four, shortest midfield and weakest forward line this side of the equator.

Enough?

That wasn't the question to T-Keith. How come a smart lad like you can't read ?

How dare you accuse someone of dodging questions. You do it all the time.

Leazes will be along later to tell you that fancy Dans like Henry Winter with their university degrees know nothing about football, and only write what they've read in books or been told by their fancy Dan lecturers. Besides, this article was written in the Telegraph, and not the Sun which everyone knows is the true bible of footballing journalism.

Shows him as a moron tbh as Winter is comfortably the best british football journalist about.

In your opinion.

You can answer t-Keiths question if you like and give us a sample of your knowledge.

Incompetent manager that no other Premiership team would ever dream of appointing

Abysmal transfer policy that has seen us spunk £20m on forwards who couldn't hit a cows arse with a shovel

Abysmal recruitment policy that has appointed players/coaches out of mere sentimentality

This coupled with the most shambolic back four, shortest midfield and weakest forward line this side of the equator.

Enough?

this extract is ages old, and has been done, dusted and responded. Suffice to say when people are removed from office they are usually bitter, the claim from the same Bobby Robson that we made a profit on Carl Cort tells you a lot about him at the time, and I'm not knocking him. The lesson as I said is that people thought replacing Keegan with a "tactically astute" manager would automatically improve things, the same as those who thought replacing SBR would too. You should try learning from past lessons, of our own and others, and get real. Now people like you think replacing this current board who have improved the clubs standing and position massively will also lead to automatic improvement. You are completely deluded if you think this.

What do you think of the thread you started, why don't YOU comment on the facts I've posted ?

I don't dodge questions if I see them, I don't trawl this board all day like Alex and others. I told you, if you want me to specifically see something, pm me or post it on howaythetoon.

The question remains for t-keith, or you if you like. Somehow I don't think I will get a factual, constructive and informed response from anybody.

Leazes, we did make a book profit on Cort (an accounting profit, you probably wouldn't understand. :razz: ). I know you like to tell me how I seem to have a problem with numbers despite being an accountant, so I thought I'd just point out that you're wrong on this one. <_<

Leazes, we did make a book profit on Cort (an accounting profit, you probably wouldn't understand. <_< ). I know you like to tell me how I seem to have a problem with numbers despite being an accountant, so I thought I'd just point out that you're wrong on this one. :(

:razz:

If not, then why are we the laughing stock of the premier league? <_<

Why should he have known better? Cos every man and his dog knew Souness was never going to succeed. Even those who backed him were well aware of his limitations. The one man who shouldnt have given him that opportunity in the first place never mind back him with that kind of cash is the Chairman. Its his job.

Its not the responsibility of lads on a message board. Whether they are thick or not isnt of any concern. The buck stopped with one man and as you were aware of the potential legacy of Souness, how come the chairman wasnt? Not content with that fuck up he appoints another plank afterwards.

Can he justify either appointment in your view? Can he justify providing these men with funds when we all know that they arent the answer long term or short term?

Every man and their dogs didn't, or they would not have backed him selling our best players and spending a fortune on crap replacements and other players too.

You are still completely unable to understand that while we all want to be number 1, regularly playing in europe, and buying England players is a degree of success and not failure. You don;t do this by doing everything wrong no matter your resources and if you still don't understand that look around at other big clubs and our own history when we had shit directors. Please explain what grounds you have for thinking replacing the current board with small time directors with zero ambition that don't attempt to tap their resources like other clubs is impossible ?

I was aware of how shit Souness was, so maybe they should make me chairman, or manager... I wouldn't make Craig, or Gemmill though, because as well as backing Souness they also thought we would be better off without Bellamy :razz: ....enough said.

I have never defended Shepherd for appointing Souness, I don't know what your old username was but if you were here on this board at the time you will know I was one of the ones who opposed him the most. And BTW - at the time, appointing Dalglish, Gullit and Robson were top rated appointments, with completely justifiable reasons for appointing them. How many shit clubs with shit boards attract managers like that.

i can just imagine henry winter being taught by a fancy dan lecurer

Oh dear, Village Idiot is back.

You can answer T-Keiths question if you like, but somehow I doubt you will.

In your opinion.

Enough?

this extract is ages old, and has been done, dusted and responded. Suffice to say when people are removed from office they are usually bitter, the claim from the same Bobby Robson that we made a profit on Carl Cort tells you a lot about him at the time, and I'm not knocking him. The lesson as I said is that people thought replacing Keegan with a "tactically astute" manager would automatically improve things, the same as those who thought replacing SBR would too. You should try learning from past lessons, of our own and others, and get real. Now people like you think replacing this current board who have improved the clubs standing and position massively will also lead to automatic improvement. You are completely deluded if you think this.

What do you think of the thread you started, why don't YOU comment on the facts I've posted ?

I don't dodge questions if I see them, I don't trawl this board all day like Alex and others. I told you, if you want me to specifically see something, pm me or post it on howaythetoon.

The question remains for t-keith, or you if you like. Somehow I don't think I will get a factual, constructive and informed response from anybody.

Leazes' post starts almost word for word like HTL's post on this on N-O. Well I never. And you trawl this board when it suits you Leazes, only to fuck off for a while after another of Shepherd's gaffes.

I was aware of how shit Souness was, so maybe they should make me chairman, or manager... I wouldn't make Craig, or Gemmill though, because as well as backing Souness they also thought we would be better off without Bellamy :razz: ....enough said.

You do realise that Shepherd was instrumental in Bellamy leaving too, right? OH DEAR, the mistakes keep piling up, and for some reason you keep erecting neon signs spelling "BIG MISTAKE BY FREDDY" next to them, and then blaming them on me and Renton.

Leazes, we did make a book profit on Cort (an accounting profit, you probably wouldn't understand. :( ). I know you like to tell me how I seem to have a problem with numbers despite being an accountant, so I thought I'd just point out that you're wrong on this one. :nufc:

So all players depreciate do they ? What a load of bollocks. He was a waste of space and we sold him at a loss. In football terms, thats no profit. You'll be saying Marcelino was too next I expect ....

<_<

Name me one other NUFC manager that in one season had the team in the top flight and in the latter stages of two cup competitions come April.

I was aware of how shit Souness was, so maybe they should make me chairman, or manager... I wouldn't make Craig, or Gemmill though, because as well as backing Souness they also thought we would be better off without Bellamy <_< ....enough said.

You do realise that Shepherd was instrumental in Bellamy leaving too, right? OH DEAR, the mistakes keep piling up, and for some reason you keep erecting neon signs spelling "BIG MISTAKE BY FREDDY" next to them, and then blaming them on me and Renton.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Souness who he had a problem with and who said Bellamy wouldn't play for the club again ?

Anyway, it shouldn't matter to you Gem...your judgement that Souness [and Shepherd in your view] was right, is vindicated ... :razz:

In your opinion.

Enough?

Wasn't this actually SJH who did this though? Since the fat man has been in charge we have changed managers 5 times and fell from being the second best team in the country to one that's not a kick in arse off being relegated with a defence that is (whether you accept it or not) the butt of countless jokes. And last night we saw our lowest attendance for a first team game in 14 years.

I'm sure you will go on about regular european appearances and 5th best team in the country or whatever but again I would say that is down to the foundations laid down by the previous chairman not by our current glorious leader.

fat fred is one of the only morons in football stupid enough to appoint souness, let alone back him to the tune of £50m.

it's easy to blame souness - he is afterall one of the worst managers ever to grace the top flight - but it's not his fault that he was given a job that he was blatantly never up to doing.

he never should have been given the job. only a chairman as cretinous as shepherd would appoint a man with such a poor cv as manager of england's 5th biggest club.

Leazes, we did make a book profit on Cort (an accounting profit, you probably wouldn't understand. :( ). I know you like to tell me how I seem to have a problem with numbers despite being an accountant, so I thought I'd just point out that you're wrong on this one. :nufc:

So all players depreciate do they ? What a load of bollocks. He was a waste of space and we sold him at a loss. In football terms, thats no profit. You'll be saying Marcelino was too next I expect ....

<_<

From an accounting point of view, yes, all players depreciate. I can run a workshop for you if you like, showing you how this sort of thing works.

I was aware of how shit Souness was, so maybe they should make me chairman, or manager... I wouldn't make Craig, or Gemmill though, because as well as backing Souness they also thought we would be better off without Bellamy <_< ....enough said.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Souness who he had a problem with and who said Bellamy wouldn't play for the club again ?

Anyway, it shouldn't matter to you Gem...your judgement that Souness [and Shepherd in your view] was right, is vindicated ... :razz:

Yeah, that basically makes no sense.

Leazes always slips into gibberish when he gest excited like. Should just stick to copying exactly what HTL has posted on N-O the day before.

In your opinion.

Enough?

Wasn't this actually SJH who did this though? Since the fat man has been in charge we have changed managers 5 times and fell from being the second best team in the country to one that's not a kick in arse off being relegated with a defence that is (whether you accept it or not) the butt of countless jokes. And last night we saw our lowest attendance for a first team game in 14 years.

I'm sure you will go on about regular european appearances and 5th best team in the country or whatever but again I would say that is down to the foundations laid down by the previous chairman not by our current glorious leader.

Read my post elsewhere that it wasn't Sir John who chose and appointed Keegan. Come back when you have read it.

Although, it never ceases to amaze me why some of you people think the chairman runs the club on his own and makes every decision. You do understand he is simply the focus of the whole board, and in essence our major shareholders have been the same people since 1992 ? Or don't you.

If "countless jokes" hurts your feelings, see my post yesterday which applied to all of those who don't understand that everybody makes jokes about other clubs. Don't worry about it, next week they will be jealous of us when we play in europe again. They only do it to wind you up, or maybe you attract it by telling everybody how underachieving and shit we are despite playing in europe regularly, buying major England players, and how great we really should be. Just like Shepherd does actually.

fat fred is one of the only morons in football stupid enough to appoint souness, let alone back him to the tune of £50m.

it's easy to blame souness - he is afterall one of the worst managers ever to grace the top flight - but it's not his fault that he was given a job that he was blatantly never up to doing.

he never should have been given the job. only a chairman as cretinous as shepherd would appoint a man with such a poor cv as manager of england's 5th biggest club.

Leazes always slips into gibberish when he gest excited like. Should just stick to copying exactly what HTL has posted on N-O the day before.

is your mate Gemmil about anywhere...in fact dare I say it you are starting to sound like Dan... :razz: