Manchester United vs Newcastle United

TOPTOON

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gulf in class, lack of: squad depth; tactical prowess; movement up front...quality - pathetic.

On a positive note, I like Pattison's new hair cut. :lol:

Nevin thinks we're in trouble.

I tend to agree tbh. What's the utter point of going to a side in the same league as you and then rolling over?

30 years ago we were getting beaten 7-2, we only lost 2-0 proves yet again our current Chairman is a god :lol:

Boah, that was one of the most tactically inapt performances I've ever seen. On another day with less luck we would have conceded a lot more goals. And we never even looked close to create even a chance ourselves. I was quite positive about Roeder, but I start to lose all confidence quicker than Martin's alleged pace...

Boah, that was one of the most tactically inapt performances I've ever seen. On another day with less luck we would have conceded a lot more goals. And we never even looked close to create even a chance ourselves. I was quite positive about Roeder, but I start to lose all confidence quicker than Martin's alleged pace...

Despite not being happy with his appointment, I said as long as we weren't in danger of relegation at Christmas, I'd give him a year to get it right. I'm having a very hard time sticking to that.

Another poor game from Duff, what a waste of money he's turning out to be.

Maybe if he had a striker in front of him who was making himself available...

Emre's hiding in attacking play does not help, too.

Sorry but Duff has been shite since he's been here, he doesn't beat his man, has little pace, can't shoot from distance and his crossing is poor.

If getting into the team is based on ability then N'Zogbia should be in there in front of him every time.

Sorry but Duff has been shite since he's been here, he doesn't beat his man, has little pace, can't shoot from distance and his crossing is poor.

If getting into the team is based on ability then N'Zogbia should be in there in front of him every time.

I don't disagree. He certainly has to improve to warrant a place in the starting line up. But IMHO he is suffering from the same problem as our strikers, i.e. that there is no linkage and understanding between the players. Duff certainly isn't playing well. But today he was struggling because every time he was up against three players. The lack of a second striker and the fact that Emre is not involving in our attacking game meant that Duff was always up against three players (same applied for Milner). Not actually an easy task.

But if Martins deserves time, so does Duff, eh.

Edited by Isegrim

Another thing: Who was the buffoon who let Luque still warm up when we already had made all our substitutions? I am pretty sure I still saw him stretching at the sidelines after we had brought Pattison on.

I don't disagree. He certainly has to improve to warrant a place in the starting line up. But IMHO he is suffering from the same problem as our strikers, i.e. that there is no linkage and understanding between the players. Duff certainly isn't playing well. But today he was struggling because every time he was up against three players. The lack of a second striker and the fact that Emre is not involving in our attacking game meant that Duff was always up against three players (same applied for Milner). Not actually an easy task.

But if Martins deserves time, so does Duff, eh.

Slight difference in that Martins is a young lad coming to a new country, Duff is a 27 year old who's played in England for the past decade, you expect players like him to hit the ground running.

Emre hasn't ever been an attacking midfielder, he's a deep lying playmaker (similar to Carrick) who sits deep and sprays the ball about, Parker is supposed to be the box to box player out of the two.

The problem is we have a thin squad, a tactically inept manager, a piss poor backline, nobody fit in midfield who can pick the ball up and run at people and we don't have a fit striker capable of scoring 20 goals a season.

Lets just hope this takeover can be sorted in the not to distant future.

Emre hasn't ever been an attacking midfielder, he's a deep lying playmaker (similar to Carrick) who sits deep and sprays the ball about, Parker is supposed to be the box to box player out of the two.

I can't say what he played for Inter because I rarely watch Italian football because I can't stand it. But from the games I've seen him player for Turkey he looked far more offensive than he does for Newcastle. But even as a deep lying playmaker he is not doing enough for me. He works hard and wins a lot of balls, what is quite nice and I think that is why so many people rate him. My problem is that he more or less loses all the balls he has just won, so the balance of his effectivity is close to zero. I haven't seen any spraying of balls at all.

As for Duff. Again I don't disagree and I was one of the few here who said that I only regard him as a good signing when we do sign players for positions where we actually need strengthening. That hasn't happened. Still, I think we will see better performances from him, but at the moment he is just totally out of form, something that happens to footballers occasionally.

And finally for the takeover. I am not convinced that a take over from a hedge fond is actually a good thing for a football club. I rather stick with Fat Fred tbh.

I can't say what he played for Inter because I rarely watch Italian football because I can't stand it. But from the games I've seen him player for Turkey he looked far more offensive than he does for Newcastle. But even as a deep lying playmaker he is not doing enough for me. He works hard and wins a lot of balls, what is quite nice and I think that is why so many people rate him. My problem is that he more or less loses all the balls he has just won, so the balance of his effectivity is close to zero. I haven't seen any spraying of balls at all.

As for Duff. Again I don't disagree and I was one of the few here who said that I only regard him as a good signing when we do sign players for positions where we actually need strengthening. That hasn't happened. Still, I think we will see better performances from him, but at the moment he is just totally out of form, something that happens to footballers occasionally.

And finally for the takeover. I am not convinced that a take over from a hedge fond is actually a good thing for a football club. I rather stick with Fat Fred tbh.

For me Emre is our best outfield player, the problem is he seems to suffer from the rest of our outfield players not having a footballing brain like him, I have no doubt that if he was in a team like Arsenal's (why he turned them down for us I'll never know) he'd be one of the best midfielders in the league.

Duff is out of form but so is everyone else in the first team, it reminds me of the Souness days when nobody had a clue what they're supposed to be doing.

Belgravia isn't a hedge fund as far as I'm aware.

For me Emre is our best outfield player, the problem is he seems to suffer from the rest of our outfield players not having a footballing brain like him, I have no doubt that if he was in a team like Arsenal's (why he turned them down for us I'll never know) he'd be one of the best midfielders in the league.

You're probably right about him settling in at Arsenal. But he isn't playing for them but for Newcastle. And for my liking he is losing far too many easy balls here and therefore rather ineffective.

Duff is out of form but so is everyone else in the first team, it reminds me of the Souness days when nobody had a clue what they're supposed to be doing.

Yep, the similarities to the reign under Souness start to become worrying.

Belgravia isn't a hedge fund as far as I'm aware.

Belgravia group isn't, but where they gather their money from is unclear. IIRC Belgravia have acted as an intermediate company for hedge funds in the past. And as long as I do not know who actually is behind it and what the intentions are then I am strictly against any form of take over.

......................................................Harper......

.................Carr...............................Moore.........................Taylor.

...Duff...................Parker.................Emre..................Butt.....................Zoggy.

..........................................Martins......O......Ameobe.......................

GIVE ME A STRONGER LOOKING STARTING LINE-UP IF YOU CAN.

Who's the player called O spearheading the attack? Anybugger wiv arf a brain would know that 'O' would signify the ball or the centre-spot, or perhaps your IQ :D

I normally prefer to leave these formations to others, but your offering frankly looks apalling to me And perhaps you should, but then again with the exception of Milner for Zoggy, Roeder started the middle five(5) as I suggested so I wasn't far off there :lol:

There's a reason antiquated formations aren't used nowadays, because they have been superceded by better formations. Nine times out of 10 4-4-2 is the most effective. I think we will lose today, but play with your team and it could be double figures! Maybe we wouldn't have lost today with my formation which is far from antiquated, only difference today was Roeder started four(4) at the back while I suggested three(3) and he started one(1) up front where I would have started two(2). Any formation I would suggest would NEVER have less than two(2) up front. <_<

You'll notice Ramage was not in my starting line-up and gawd knows he shouldn't have been.

i dunno why your laughing either Glenn

you set us up with the wrong formation, it's unlikely we were going to be able to defend for 90 minutes

we looked awful and clueless after they took the lead, on a different day it could have been 5 or 6

we're shite at the back our best form of defence is attack

we looked like San Mario playing France or something