Tonights International Matches

JJ

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with Sven was that you always used to forgive him the crap performances on the basis that "it's the results that matter in qualifiers". But then every time we got to the finals we'd discover that he actually couldn't get good performances out of the players, and that we'd only been winning in the qualifiers because of how weak the opposition was.

Now we can't even win in the qualifiers. <_<

I just think the players arent very good, certainly nowhere near the hype. He got enough out of them to get to the 1/4 finals, on last nights performance that seems quite an acheivement

There's definitely some truth to the players not being anywhere near as good as is made out. It does my head in every time we get to a major finals all these idiots in the media talking about how England have "as good a squad as anyone". Unfortunately Shearer is one of the worst culprits outside of the "Boys from 66" who make a living out of saying that stuff. Unless it's their turn to be the controversial one and say that this squad wasn't a patch on theirs.

English players are always completely overhyped like. I would say only Gerrard and Rooney are truly 'world class' and the latter is totally out of form.

I agree....apart from Gerrard

You don't rate Gerrard as world class, seriously? Is that an objective judgement or one borne out of a pure dislike for the club he plays for?

If anything, I'd say Rooney is the one who is not world class. He has to be the most overhyped player in English football. He has shown himself to be a good player in the past, but nothing more than that - the rest was all potential which personally I hope it is never fulfilled, and I don't think it will be.

The thing with Sven was that you always used to forgive him the crap performances on the basis that "it's the results that matter in qualifiers". But then every time we got to the finals we'd discover that he actually couldn't get good performances out of the players, and that we'd only been winning in the qualifiers because of how weak the opposition was.

Now we can't even win in the qualifiers. <_<

I just think the players arent very good, certainly nowhere near the hype. He got enough out of them to get to the 1/4 finals, on last nights performance that seems quite an acheivement

There's definitely some truth to the players not being anywhere near as good as is made out. It does my head in every time we get to a major finals all these idiots in the media talking about how England have "as good a squad as anyone". Unfortunately Shearer is one of the worst culprits outside of the "Boys from 66" who make a living out of saying that stuff. Unless it's their turn to be the controversial one and say that this squad wasn't a patch on theirs.

Saying that I was impressed by Shearer's tactical analysis of the game yesterday on MotD.

Now we can't even win in the qualifiers. :)

Saying that I was impressed by Shearer's tactical analysis of the game yesterday on MotD.

He'd make a great manager imo <_<

English players are always completely overhyped like. I would say only Gerrard and Rooney are truly 'world class' and the latter is totally out of form.

You don't rate Gerrard as world class, seriously? Is that an objective judgement or one borne out of a pure dislike for the club he plays for?

If anything, I'd say Rooney is the one who is not world class. He has to be the most overhyped player in English football. He has shown himself to be a good player in the past, but nothing more than that - the rest was all potential which personally I hope it is never fulfilled, and I don't think it will be.

Erm, why?

So for England's sake you'd hope a player with Rooney's enourmous potential never manages to reach that?

Now we can't even win in the qualifiers. :)

He'd make a great manager imo <_<

To be honest, I've completely changed my mind about Shearer as manager (not because of his tactical analysis obviously, I didn't see it). I think I'm looking forward to the day he becomes our manager. At the very least he'll get plenty of support and time to build something long-term.

The first goal was Robinson's fault as well, marooned in no-man's land as the ball looped over him.

I too pissed myself at the second though. What. A. Twat. <_<

The first had a lot to do with Terry imo. Got caught out by the flight of the ball again yet will escape with no criticism because he's Londons golden boy. It happened in the World cup and it was Campbells fault becasue he missed it after Terry, this time it'll be either Robinson or Cole

So for England's sake you'd hope a player with Rooney's enourmous potential never manages to reach that?

I couldn't give a shit about England though, and I am sick of the hype surrounding him. It's plain ridiculous, listen to Mike Parry ffs!

At the end of the day he is just a horrible little, well, big, charver playing for ManU. It is not in NUFC's interests for him actually to become any good, I'd prefer him to fall flat on his ugly pug-nosed face and for the hype around him to finally stop. Tbh, it would probably be in England's intersts too, because with his temperment he is a liability.

I think Gerard is a very good player, but I dont think you can call him world class until he is done it regularly at interntional level.

The Champions League is a higher standard than international matches now imo.

I couldn't give a shit about England though, and I am sick of the hype surrounding him. It's plain ridiculous, listen to Mike Parry ffs!

At the end of the day he is just a horrible little, well, big, charver playing for ManU. It is not in NUFC's interests for him actually to become any good, I'd prefer him to fall flat on his ugly pug-nosed face and for the hype around him to finally stop. Tbh, it would probably be in England's intersts too, because with his temperment he is a liability.

Parry's on the wind-up half the time when he goes on about Rooney though. He's only a slight parody of the rest of the media though, who aren't.

Parry's on the wind-up half the time when he goes on about Rooney though. He's only a slight parody of the rest of the media though, who aren't.

The Sun the other day had the headline "We know Roo will get better" and how we should all feel sorry for poor Wayne who is playing badly because he's so rich and famous at the age of 21. Fuck off.

currently gerrard is our one world class player.

ferdinand is not, terry is not, lampard is not. beckam despite his good -ish form for club is not the playerhe was from 97-2002...

rooney needs a few more years, this season will be a write off tbh.

Element of jealousy involved.

The bastard does have more money than I'll ever earn despite being 9 months younger than me.

However, he's a complete failure as a human being apart from his ability to kick a football. I am win. <_<