Guess Who?

Gemmill

Ok, if you've already read the article and know the answer, then don't say. And don't go on the official website to get the answer if you don't know it - you get nowt for getting it right, it's just an exercise in seeing if you can think of a player that matches this description. The game is that you have to guess which player our illustrious leader Mr. Roeder is talking about in the following quote:

He's been on fire this season and in every game he has given me a performance.

I bet he hasn't been in as good form as this in his career. There are a few players who have the respect of the whole dressing room here and xxxxxxxx is one of them.

If he stays fit we have a heck of a player on our hands and I cannot state how important he is to us.

One guess each, and no cheating!

I thought of all the previous ones mentioned....

Umm must be someone who starts every game if fit... so Carr?

That's right! You got that based solely on Roeder's description of how well he's been playing really didn't you? Not on some process of elimination.

WHAT THE FUCK IS HE TALKING ABOUT?????

If that's the standard he expects from a full back, we are fucked. And any chance of getting a new right back in the transfer window is out the window if that's what he really thinks about the way Carr's playing.

And nobody better try the "he's talking a player up, what's wrong with that?" line, because there's talking a player up to try and give them confidence, and then there's lavishing false praise on a player who doesn't deserve it and is more than capable of resting on his laurels at the best of times.

I cannot believe that that is his honest assessment of Stephen Carr in black and white. Jesus Christ!

Why do people feel need to talk absolute cobblers when they become manager of a football club, especially ours?

Carr is fucking shit, I'd have Hughes back like a shot ffs. Bramble was rightfully given a lot of stick after the Everton game (I think), but Carr's performance that day was even worse imo. He's got no pace, can't cross, can't pass, can't tackle and can't defend.

Carr's done ok in some games this season but I take it Roeder never saw him play early in his Spurs career, when he really was a player. Either that or he's talking shoyt.

Before someone chips in with "Well what do you expect him to say about the lad", I don't expect him to say "Yeah, he's shit, wish we didn't have to play him but, you know". But "Steven has filled an important role for us" or something equally diplomatic would be less embarassing than this kind of gushing.

Edited by BlueStar

I'm not one of these who thinks he's a world beater but he was a great utility type player to have in your squad. Very honest too with a good attitude on and off the pitch. He never wanted to leave but why would he want to come back now? It would be a backward step. FACT-A-MUNDO!

I know, I saw the quotes yesterday. I was tempted to post them on here, but then I don't get too see too many games so I'm not really able to comment on individual performances. In the games I've seen, however, Carr has been shit. I mean, "I bet he hasn't been in as good form as this in his career"?!?

clever ruse, this way it doesn't sound like we're in dire need of a fullback so when January comes round we won't have the price hiked up on every rightback out there.

Roeder is a frickin genius if you ask me!