Newcastle United v Fenerbahce, UEFA Cup

Gemmill

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how people always criticise Emre, but not the perfect Scotty P. He was no better yesterday.

I for my part am obsessed. I have never really been a fan of Emre. My criticism is also a counter-reaction to all those people who bang on how GREAT he was again, when in fact he did little or nothing productive on the pitch.

But to assure you, I think Parker is overhyped as well.

Do you rate anyone Dr Gloom?

I love how people always criticise Emre, but not the perfect Scotty P. He was no better yesterday.

I for my part am obsessed. I have never really been a fan of Emre. My criticism is also a counter-reaction to all those people who bang on how GREAT he was again, when in fact he did little or nothing productive on the pitch.

Talking about Gloomy.

toon v fenerbahce

At his best

workshy tarts v bolton wanderers :)

I take this as a compliment. :)

I'm not a massive fan of Emre but to get the most out of him I think you need to play him in a free play-making role in a midfield 3/5 rather than as one of a middle 2 in a 4-4-2. Not sure he's good enough to be afforded that luxury though.

I'm not a massive fan of Emre but to get the most out of him I think you need to play him in a free play-making role in a midfield 3/5 rather than as one of a middle 2 in a 4-4-2. Not sure he's good enough to be afforded that luxury though.

[Looks over shoulder for Papa] But surely that would help us by allowing us to play our strongest backline of damage, roMoreeio and taylor removing the problem of having to rely on brokendownCarr and bubba-baba. [/runlikehellbeforePaparealisessomeoneissuggestinga3-5-2]

Edited by sammynb

Parker tends to work his bollocks off even when he's struggling though. You get less graft/box-to-box play from Emre. Emre simply isn't capable of that tbh. More importantly, they don't convince me as a partnership.

Parker tends to work his bollocks off even when he's struggling though. You get less graft/box-to-box play from Emre. Emre simply isn't capable of that tbh. More importantly, they don't convince me as a partnership.

It's like Viana and every other midfielder in our team all over again tbh.

Hate to say it because they are both good players in their own right but we don't look like we are going forward from the centre of the mid-field when they play together, which is obvious in the lack of support our forwards are getting.

Emre always works his bollocks off, hence why he always fights to get the ball back. Because of that the idiot in charge seems to think he's a holding midfielder, and demonstrates his favouritism by playing Parker as an attacking midfielder, when quite clearly the roles should be reversed. It's also not Emre's fault that nobody gets into good positions for him to pass to. He shows great commitment to still be playing when Roeder plays him out of his ideal position (interesting how he's also played supporting the striker under Roeder).

Don't think Emre does always work his bollocks off tbh. Not enough of an athlete to do that imo - just not his game. I'd be interested to see the stats that show how much ground is covered in a match but I bet Emre doesn't cover as much as Parker. I'm not saying Parker is amazing but I certainly prefer him to Emre and I'm yet to be impressed by the little fella. Also, I think the reason Emre sits in and Parker gets up and down the pitch is because Emre hasn't got the legs to get up and down so he would leave Parker horribly exposed if the positions were reversed.

Emre always works his bollocks off, hence why he always fights to get the ball back. Because of that the idiot in charge seems to think he's a holding midfielder, and demonstrates his favouritism by playing Parker as an attacking midfielder, when quite clearly the roles should be reversed. It's also not Emre's fault that nobody gets into good positions for him to pass to. He shows great commitment to still be playing when Roeder plays him out of his ideal position (interesting how he's also played supporting the striker under Roeder).

It's interesting listening to people's perception of Emre and where his best position is.

Personally I think he is very much like Viana and neither are a box to box or holding midfielders.

To me he is a midfield version of Recoba or a less talented Ronaldinhio, a player that's ability is to drift in and out of the game, with nothing more expected of them than to pop up with that pass that sets their team mate through on goal or those moments of magic that baffle their opponent. And that comes back to why he isn't as successful in a 4-4-2 as he would be in a 3-5-2, in a 4-4-2 he has a rigid work ethic expected of him. And because he's not an out and out goal scorer where Recoba and Ronaldinhio are the only formation he will be outstanding in is 3-5-2, two to supply and two to back him up, hence his success in Italy.

The two of them together are just far too negative. I made a note of keeping an eye on them Thursday night and it seems that they both pick it up deep and have the other one standing next to them or even worse, behind them. As a partnership I just don't think it works, and they've had a season and a bit of it and it still looks no better. Personally, I'd be dropping one of them (Emre tbh) and playing N'Zogbia (his best position so we're told) in there.

It's interesting listening to people's perception of Emre and where his best position is.

Personally I think he is very much like Viana and neither are a box to box or holding midfielders.

To me he is a midfield version of Recoba or a less talented Ronaldinhio, a player that's ability is to drift in and out of the game, with nothing more expected of them than to pop up with that pass that sets their team mate through on goal or those moments of magic that baffle their opponent. And that comes back to why he isn't as successful in a 4-4-2 as he would be in a 3-5-2, in a 4-4-2 he has a rigid work ethic expected of him. And because he's not an out and out goal scorer where Recoba and Ronaldinhio are the only formation he will be outstanding in is 3-5-2, two to supply and two to back him up, hence his success in Italy.

Even with the proviso of "less talented", claiming Emre is like Ronaldinho is a bit daft, to be polite.

Even with the proviso of "less talented", claiming Emre is like Ronaldinho is a bit daft, to be polite.

Renton you dick, you know exactly what I mean :o

Emre like Ronaldinho? :icon_lol:

I don't think it's ability to drift in and out of a game by the way, more a liability.

And you? :o

Do I need to get verlaine to draw you all a diagram?

Or maybe write a song for you?

So all you've done is picked a random player who happens to drift in and out of games, and decide that he's a comparison for Emre, for that one "ability" as you put it?

You could at least have tried harder.

I'd appreciate the song though please <_<

Emre like Ronaldinho? :icon_lol:

I don't think it's ability to drift in and out of a game by the way, more a liability.

And you? :o

Do I need to get verlaine to draw you all a diagram?

Or maybe write a song for you?

So all you've done is picked a random player who happens to drift in and out of games, and decide that he's a comparison for Emre, for that one "ability" as you put it?

You could at least have tried harder.

I'd appreciate the song though please <_<

gol, I was just trying to think of a name the kids would know, hence it was an after though to Recoba (more applicable don't you think?)

to the tune of whatever you want as long as it's sung as a barber shop quartet.

A holding midfielder he's not,

No, no, no.

From box to box he don't run much,

No, no, no.

Goals he scores but just a few,

No, no, no.

In fact in a 4-4-2 he looks very lost.

Mmmmmmmm!

(Chorus)

They call him Emre, Emre

No quicker than Milner.

he's also quite shorttttttttttt