New Takeover Rumours...

Ted Maul

Takeover rumours resurface:

Local heroes?

While the Belgravia Group's interest in acquiring a shareholding in the club remains, speculation around Toon at present is that a second interested party has entered the running.

This time it's being touted around that a consortium involving some high-profile figures from the North East are looking to get involved with Newcastle.

Whether this is fact or fiction remains to be seen - watch this space.

There must be some substance behind it as we all know .COM don't just report any old twaddle. My money would be on Wylie and a local few other folk being the backers if it's true.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a collective prayer is in order !

Hopefully our current position in the league and general shitness on the pitch will cause Fat Fred to panic and sell his shares.

Good point, surely he's in a no-win scenario right now, unless he sells !

Ant and Dec tbh :icon_lol:

It's Blair man, blatently looking to fill his days after he leaves office.

Lee Clark and Terry Mac have saved up.

Terry Mac is like doctor who man, hes been here forever.

i also heard a rumour that is was Jimmy Nail :o

Just how many local multi-millionaires are they? (bearing in mind they are looking at £80m+).

I'd say Graham Wylie and possibly his mate who owned Sage are the only two people with the money and who care enough to invest.

Shearer

Ant and Dec

Jimmy Nail

Mark Knofler

Me

Maximo Park (probably)

That tramp who pissed himself

Ant

Jimmy Nail

Dec

Shearer

Dire Straits

Dec and Ant?

Pavel Snrichek.

Frank Williams?

Fucking hope not. It would cost a fortune to have ramps going all the way up to the board room & directors' box.

Health & safety nightmare, tbpfh.

Maybe but at least the old bugger knows something about passing!

Just how many local multi-millionaires are they? (bearing in mind they are looking at £80m+).

I'd say Graham Wylie and possibly his mate who owned Sage are the only two people with the money and who care enough to invest.

small odds. And if it isn't ?

And who told you they might be interested ? Who told you they care ? Or are you just wildly speculating ?

Edited by LeazesMag

And who told you they might be interested ? Who told you they care ? Or are you just wildly speculating ?

While all the questions? Your arse beginning to twitch, Leazes lad?

I bet the prospect of a Shepherdless Newcastle must be giving you sleepless nights :o

I bet the prospect of a Shepherdless Newcastle must be giving you sleepless nights :o

Unlike you sonny I am realistic enough and not stupid enough to believe that anyone else at all will be better, despite their failings. It is also obvious to anyone with a brain that pointing this out doesn't necessarily mean you think the current board are without fault and there may be better people out there somewhere.

The questions are simply because, like some others, mostly bairns I presume, you are just making things up to make your point seem credible. If you say the Sage people are interested, name your source ?

Its quite incredible the people on here who slag off posters on NO for being bairns sometimes, because while some posters are young, the same as here, there are a few other posters who are far more clued up and realistic about the club than anyone on here.

Unlike you sonny I am realistic enough and not stupid enough to believe that anyone else at all will be better, despite their failings. It is also obvious to anyone with a brain that pointing this out doesn't necessarily mean you think the current board are without fault and there may be better people out there somewhere.

The questions are simply because, like some others, mostly bairns I presume, you are just making things up to make your point seem credible. If you say the Sage people are interested, name your source ?

Its quite incredible the people on here who slag off posters on NO for being bairns sometimes, because while some posters are young, the same as here, there are a few other posters who are far more clued up and realistic about the club than anyone on here.

There you gan, making stuff up again and reading only what you want to.

I never once claimed it was nailed on that Wylie was the backer. I said my money would be on him if it was true. I have no source, it was just a shot in the dark due to the description of these so called backers and similar rumours from the past.

And unlike you Grandad, i'm bright enough to see how a chairman who helps drag a club from the depths of the lower divisions to top flight football is better than someone who is slowly but surely bringing a big one down.

I never once claimed it was nailed on that Wylie was the backer. I said my money would be on him if it was true. I have no source, it was just a shot in the dark due to the description of these so called backers and similar rumours from the past.

And unlike you Grandad, i'm bright enough to see how a chairman who helps drag a club from the depths of the lower divisions to top flight football is better than someone who is slowly but surely bringing a big one down.

such silly insults from one so intelligent and mature.

The gist of my reply remains. You mentioned the Sage people, people like you assume someone out there is better. Others are bright enough to realise life isn't like that, ask your own dad or grandad :icon_lol: They might also explain how taking over a bigger fish is far more demanding than a small one, again thats life.

I suppose the fact that the current board is largely the same one with the same major shareholders that dragged Newcastle United from heading down into the real depths themselves to where we have spent the last decade escapes you and your theory ?

Edited by LeazesMag

I bet the prospect of a Shepherdless Newcastle must be giving you sleepless nights :icon_lol:

such silly insults from one so intelligent and mature.

The gist of my reply remains. You mentioned the Sage people, people like you assume someone out there is better. Others are bright enough to realise life isn't like that, ask your own dad or grandad <_< They might also explain how taking over a bigger fish is far more demanding than a small one, again thats life.

Are you supporting a completely different Newcastle United to the one the rest of us are? Have you not had to put up with the dross from Fred that we have over the past 10 years? The constant embarrasing comments, the interfering, the piss poor decisions?

When you use 'people like you', does it mean 95% of the NUFC supporting public because I don't think my views differ that much from the majority of supporters.

You've almost become a parody of yourself Leazes, you're fucking hilarious :o I really wish you knew where you got your rose tinted specs from because I need a pair.