Best Goal You've Ever Seen At St. James' Park?

Tooj

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you what goal was absolutely class, although I wasn't at the game. Paul Bracewell's on the opening day of the 92/93 season. Think it was against Southend.

Aye it was now you come to mention it - belting goal at the Leazes end about 4 minutes in. All the more sweeter as it broke the ice for Bracewell who had of course come to us from the Mackems....

That wasn't v QPR was it? The Beardo one. Also, apart from Ginola's against Ferencvaros, which was pure class, I remember Beardsley looking like he was going to cross from wide right then smacking it into the top right-hand corner of the goal off the outside of the foot. He scored a very similar goal prior to that for England circa '94/'95. I think the Newcastle one was against Coventry.

Also, who was the goal against when (in his first spell here) he beat about three players who were diving in on the goal line (he kept dragging the ball back when he probably could have scored first time anyway). Might've been against Rotherham. Brilliant.

The toon one was against Norwich, I remember because me da had my season ticket, because I was at the 95 Grand National at Aintree that day. The England one was against Poland, about 1990, totally class goal that.

That wasn't v QPR was it? The Beardo one. Also, apart from Ginola's against Ferencvaros, which was pure class, I remember Beardsley looking like he was going to cross from wide right then smacking it into the top right-hand corner of the goal off the outside of the foot. He scored a very similar goal prior to that for England circa '94/'95. I think the Newcastle one was against Coventry.

Also, who was the goal against when (in his first spell here) he beat about three players who were diving in on the goal line (he kept dragging the ball back when he probably could have scored first time anyway). Might've been against Rotherham. Brilliant.

The toon one was against Norwich, I remember because me da had my season ticket, because I was at the 95 Grand National at Aintree that day. The England one was against Poland, about 1990, totally class goal that.

Was it really? Can't believe it was that long ago.

Doubting my own memory rather than you btw.

One that doesn't get mentioned is one Peter scored against Everton in his first spell - he started from a standing position about 10 yards outside the box and started knocking the ball from one foot to the other then continued as he approached the defence. He kept the same thing going to dance around a couple of defenders and then in the same motion knocked the ball past Southall. Unfortunatety it wasn't on TV.

On away goals and related to the ones above he scored one at Sheff Wed where he chipped the keeper almost from the byline and in the post match interview modestly stated he meant it as a shot. Trevor Francis stated he didn't believe him and it was a cross - this is why I despise the twat to this day.

Lee's against Brentford would have been the one had it not been for the ref! Other than that Ginola's against Ferencvaros probably outstrips his and Albert's ones against manure.

Shearers against Everton was obviously class too as was his freekick in his hattrick against Liecester.

Got a real fondness for Seller's freekick against the scum too for some reason.

That 25 yard chip by Albert v Man u & probably the best goalkeeper in the world at the time,you can talk about pedro and how he slid in to win the ball and chip corrigan but Albert's was just as good how he ghosted through the mancs and topped it off.

thats mine too. great way of putting it too he just ghosted through the mancs :lol:

Lee's against Brentford would have been the one had it not been for the ref! Other than that Ginola's against Ferencvaros probably outstrips his and Albert's ones against manure.

Shearers against Everton was obviously class too as was his freekick in his hattrick against Liecester.

Got a real fondness for Seller's freekick against the scum too for some reason.

Not Ned's against Pompey? :lol: