Why can't I get to sleep?!

luckyluke

I've been tossing and turning for an hour. By rights, I should have been asleep once my head hit the pillow. Two really heavy nights out this weekend, followed by two and half hours of jiu jitsu this afternoon. But I feel ready to do it all again. Argh. Anybody else having trouble getting off to sleep?

Guest Patrokles

I've been tossing and turning for an hour. By rights, I should have been asleep once my head hit the pillow. Two really heavy nights out this weekend, followed by two and half hours of jiu jitsu this afternoon. But I feel ready to do it all again. Argh. Anybody else having trouble getting off to sleep?

Yeah, frequently at the moment. It's one of the worst things, it drives me crazy. At the moment, too, I'm having really vivid dreams that wake me up. So I'm waking up about 2-3 times a night, then trying to sleep again, etc. Pain, really. I just down whatever's around in the medicine cabinet because all that shit makes you sleepy.

Swap places with you Luke? I need to stay awake til 8am and I'm fit to drop :unsure:

I've pissed around on here for a couple of hours and had a beer, feeling a bit tired so I think I'm gonna go to bed in a minute. Sorry!

You at work I take it? Busy tonight?

Don't you degrade my thread with your dirty flirting.

Fuck me, I'm knackered now. Bedtime. Night all.

Hey, let him flirt! A compliment is good at 3am :lol:

And no, not busy Luke. Fairly tedious at the moment but I shouldn't whinge too much else we'll get something nasty. I'm very tempted to try and take a night's holiday this week to make it a short week..

Sleep well (eventually) :icon_lol:

Going to bed in the first place is my problem at the minute. No routine at all so I tend to stay up until I'm absolutely fit to drop, which can't be healthy. :lol:

That's me as well. I work in the evenings so stay up late and sleep late. Trouble is that whenever I have to get up early, I can't get to sleep and spend the entire day wanting my bed, then when it gets to about 11pm, I stop feeling tired altogether and inevitably end up on here at 3am bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Going to bed in the first place is my problem at the minute. No routine at all so I tend to stay up until I'm absolutely fit to drop, which can't be healthy. :lol:

That's me as well. I work in the evenings so stay up late and sleep late. Trouble is that whenever I have to get up early, I can't get to sleep and spend the entire day wanting my bed, then when it gets to about 11pm, I stop feeling tired altogether and inevitably end up on here at 3am bright eyed and bushy tailed.

I used to have that problem when I was a student. Weird isn't it?

Guest Patrokles

Well I feel like shit now.

Yeah, I wake up every day, feel miserable, so go back to sleep. Rinse, repeat until I can't sleep any more.

Yeah, I wake up every day, feel miserable, so go back to sleep. Rinse, repeat until I can't sleep any more.

Think yourself lucky. I wake up every day, feel miserable, and have to go to work to make myself even more miserable. WOE IS ME.

Guest Patrokles

Think yourself lucky. I wake up every day, feel miserable, and have to go to work to make myself even more miserable. WOE IS ME.

I actually can't wait to start work now. To be fair, it's going to be an enjoyable job, though. And I'll be MANAGEMENT.

Quoted for truth. :lol: