Champions League Game The Neet - Tuesday 31st

wykikitoon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems ITV's shambolic coverage to blame

Lord knows I hate the BBC *spits*, but that coverage by ITV tonight was just fuckin' pathetic.

Hosted by the tit who said at the end of the World Cup Final: '....Italy receive the Jules Rimet Trophy'Mind you, he did work for the BBC *spits* for a long time so his incompetence is understandable.

Then:

Mistake 1 - 'The referee has lost it' Err, no, you fuckin' retard, YOU have got it wrong.

Mistake 2 - 'Essien has been stamped on deliberately.' Two minutes later, and after a better view from a different angle - 'Maybe there was some accidental clash' or words to that effect.

Mistake 3 - 'Koulou (sp) replacing Didier Drogba.' Err, excuse me, you fuckin' mong, but who exactly scored Chewsea's second equaliser???

Pathetic.

You missed out Pleat when Drogba scored. "Marquez BLATANTLY trying to hack him down"

Errr...no he wasn't. If he wanted to he would have.

Lord knows I hate the BBC *spits*, but that coverage by ITV tonight was just fuckin' pathetic.

Hosted by the tit who said at the end of the World Cup Final: '....Italy receive the Jules Rimet Trophy'Mind you, he did work for the BBC *spits* for a long time so his incompetence is understandable.

Then:

Mistake 1 - 'The referee has lost it' Err, no, you fuckin' retard, YOU have got it wrong.

Mistake 2 - 'Essien has been stamped on deliberately.' Two minutes later, and after a better view from a different angle - 'Maybe there was some accidental clash' or words to that effect.

Mistake 3 - 'Koulou (sp) replacing Didier Drogba.' Err, excuse me, you fuckin' mong, but who exactly scored Chewsea's second equaliser???

Pathetic.

Add to that the general monginess of David Pleat, he was worse when we were in the Champions League mind,.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Pleat

Considered by many to be the worst commentator on English television. David's quirky commentary nonetheless guarantees an enjoyable televised match. He not only frequently, but predominantly pronounces foreign players names wrongly, especially those unfortunate enough to end in an "a". Such examples include:

"Lizazaru" (Bixente Lizarazu) "Kakarrr" (Kaka) "Dirk Kurt" (Dirk Kuyt) "Drogbarrr" (Drogba) "Adrianianho" (Adriano) "Mack-cher-arno" (Mascherano) "Riqwelme" & "Rick Elm" (Riquelme) "In-ga-zee" (Inzaghi) "Ronald-deano" (Ronaldinho) "Pearlo" (Andrea Pirlo) "Poil" (Carles Puyol) "Inn-esta" (Iniesta) "Do-Roy" (Johan Djourou) "Rays" (Reyes) "Roque Junior" (Roque Santa Cruz - entirely different nationality and player) "Vieira" (Vieri) "Sevilia" (Sevilla - the club) "Yung-berg" (Ljungberg) "Marcus Da Beasley" (DaMarcus Beasley) "Ayorla" (Ayala) "Gilar-dinho", "Gilardini" and "Gilardine" - all in the space of 90 minutes (Alberto Gilardino) "Marqwez" (Rafael Marquez) "Heintzer" (Gabriel Heinze) "Shev-shenko" (Shevchenko) "Louie Garcia" (Luis Garcia) "Jockin", "Joe-Quinn" "Way-kin" (Joaquin)

Besides his legendary mispronunciation of global stars, Pleat also has an obsession with commenting on wide players/wingers (the position he played in). If a team is struggling to create goal scoring chances, David invarriably "just feel(s)" that the answer is for the full-backs to get forwards more often - thereby offering more "width" and "pace" in attack.

He ALWAYS introduces himself to the viewers with a "good evening" or "evening all".

In a Champions League match in 2006 he comically mispronounced 'superiority' as 'supority'. His other claim to commentating fame is his famous cry of "and Arsenal must now really feel that the sight is in end" seconds before Arsenal surrendered their lead in the 2005/06 Champions League final versus FC Barcelona.

Since the World Cup has started, he has shown no sign of slowing down with his mention of the classic 4-3-2 formation which the USA played against Italy, failing to recognise that they only had 8 outfield players on the pitch, following two dismissals. This was the same game in which he quipped "you can smell the fatigue". In another group stage match, Sweden vs. Paraguay, he claimed that the yellow replica shirts worn by the Swedish fans 'could make things confusing for the referee'. In the second round match between Portugal and The Netherlands, he referred to Maniche's first half goal as 'swift as a shot'. In the same game, Pleat compared Scolari's tactics to those of "the other Portuguese coach", Jose Mourinho, which was pronounced 'Mourino'. His bizarre commentary continued in the quarter final between Spain and France when after France's equaliser he cried: 'Ribery took the ball around the goalkeeper like an experienced old head.'

Mr Pleat has several favourite adjectives/words and phrases, which get regular air-time:

"Pace" "Power" "Full-back(s)" "Stamina" "Endeavour" "Width" "(Good) Evening everybody" "I just feel..." "Strength" "Diagonal ball" "Like a game of chess" "Tempo"

Pleat often provides commentary on football matches for ITV, mainly midweek Champions League games. He has received a lot of criticism for his commentating performances. He is known to regularly pronounce players' names incorrectly and examples of this include pronouncing Juventus striker David Trezequet 'Trazago', Arsenal defender Gaël Clichy as 'Cliche' and Real Madrid striker Jose Antonio Reyes as 'Rays'. Last year in the Champions League knockout stages he pronounced AC Milan striker Filippo Inzaghi 'Ingatsi' and on Saturday, September 9th 2006, during the Manchester United vs Tottenham game at Old Trafford, he referred to Patrice Evra as 'Evrice.'

On August 9th in the match between Maccabi Haifa and Liverpool he said that Nir Davidovich, the goalkeeper for Haifa who is nicknamed "The Octopus", was "Certainly putting the squids on Liverpool".

In the opening game of World Cup 2006 between Germany and Costa Rica he said that Per Mertesacker, a defender for Germany looked "like a spider...the way he lopes his long legs around the ball".

:mellow:

Then:

Pathetic.

Add to that the general monginess of David Pleat, he was worse when we were in the Champions League mind,.

Considered by many to be the worst commentator on English television. David's quirky commentary nonetheless guarantees an enjoyable televised match. He not only frequently, but predominantly pronounces foreign players names wrongly, especially those unfortunate enough to end in an "a". Such examples include:

"Lizazaru" (Bixente Lizarazu) "Kakarrr" (Kaka) "Dirk Kurt" (Dirk Kuyt) "Drogbarrr" (Drogba) "Adrianianho" (Adriano) "Mack-cher-arno" (Mascherano) "Riqwelme" & "Rick Elm" (Riquelme) "In-ga-zee" (Inzaghi) "Ronald-deano" (Ronaldinho) "Pearlo" (Andrea Pirlo) "Poil" (Carles Puyol) "Inn-esta" (Iniesta) "Do-Roy" (Johan Djourou) "Rays" (Reyes) "Roque Junior" (Roque Santa Cruz - entirely different nationality and player) "Vieira" (Vieri) "Sevilia" (Sevilla - the club) "Yung-berg" (Ljungberg) "Marcus Da Beasley" (DaMarcus Beasley) "Ayorla" (Ayala) "Gilar-dinho", "Gilardini" and "Gilardine" - all in the space of 90 minutes (Alberto Gilardino) "Marqwez" (Rafael Marquez) "Heintzer" (Gabriel Heinze) "Shev-shenko" (Shevchenko) "Louie Garcia" (Luis Garcia) "Jockin", "Joe-Quinn" "Way-kin" (Joaquin)

Besides his legendary mispronunciation of global stars, Pleat also has an obsession with commenting on wide players/wingers (the position he played in). If a team is struggling to create goal scoring chances, David invarriably "just feel(s)" that the answer is for the full-backs to get forwards more often - thereby offering more "width" and "pace" in attack.

He ALWAYS introduces himself to the viewers with a "good evening" or "evening all".

In a Champions League match in 2006 he comically mispronounced 'superiority' as 'supority'. His other claim to commentating fame is his famous cry of "and Arsenal must now really feel that the sight is in end" seconds before Arsenal surrendered their lead in the 2005/06 Champions League final versus FC Barcelona.

Since the World Cup has started, he has shown no sign of slowing down with his mention of the classic 4-3-2 formation which the USA played against Italy, failing to recognise that they only had 8 outfield players on the pitch, following two dismissals. This was the same game in which he quipped "you can smell the fatigue". In another group stage match, Sweden vs. Paraguay, he claimed that the yellow replica shirts worn by the Swedish fans 'could make things confusing for the referee'. In the second round match between Portugal and The Netherlands, he referred to Maniche's first half goal as 'swift as a shot'. In the same game, Pleat compared Scolari's tactics to those of "the other Portuguese coach", Jose Mourinho, which was pronounced 'Mourino'. His bizarre commentary continued in the quarter final between Spain and France when after France's equaliser he cried: 'Ribery took the ball around the goalkeeper like an experienced old head.'

Mr Pleat has several favourite adjectives/words and phrases, which get regular air-time:

"Pace" "Power" "Full-back(s)" "Stamina" "Endeavour" "Width" "(Good) Evening everybody" "I just feel..." "Strength" "Diagonal ball" "Like a game of chess" "Tempo"

Pleat often provides commentary on football matches for ITV, mainly midweek Champions League games. He has received a lot of criticism for his commentating performances. He is known to regularly pronounce players' names incorrectly and examples of this include pronouncing Juventus striker David Trezequet 'Trazago', Arsenal defender Gaël Clichy as 'Cliche' and Real Madrid striker Jose Antonio Reyes as 'Rays'. Last year in the Champions League knockout stages he pronounced AC Milan striker Filippo Inzaghi 'Ingatsi' and on Saturday, September 9th 2006, during the Manchester United vs Tottenham game at Old Trafford, he referred to Patrice Evra as 'Evrice.'

On August 9th in the match between Maccabi Haifa and Liverpool he said that Nir Davidovich, the goalkeeper for Haifa who is nicknamed "The Octopus", was "Certainly putting the squids on Liverpool".

In the opening game of World Cup 2006 between Germany and Costa Rica he said that Per Mertesacker, a defender for Germany looked "like a spider...the way he lopes his long legs around the ball".

:lol:

Fantastic

I'm still not sure whether old Jose is being serious about the diving thing or taking the piss. In Drogba, both Coles, and Robben, he's got the 3 best in the world at play acting. It only took Ashley Cole 3 minutes to hurl himself on the ground with ott girly scream. :mellow:

Oh yes, not forgetting the UEFA cup final where Porto spent most of the 90 minutes on their arse when a Celtic player came to within 4 yards of them...who was manager of Porto that night? :stars:

Which three out of the four is that then :lol:

Gotta love Mourniho's comments about Gudjohnsen "learnig to dive" - you'd have thought he would have in his days at Chelsea, with a manager who is either ridiculously highly hypocritical, or just plain unobservant.

Tbh though, Chelsea deserved the draw. Drogba looks on fire atm, and Lampard's getting back to form - goal was intentional also.

Chelsea deserved to win; loads more chances to score than Barca. How did Robben miss the chance where he was put through by Lampard?

Just an aside, but is it just me that thought Drogba's equaliser was a scuff?

Listening to the commentators you would think it was deliberately placed, but I'm convinced - having analysed the goal for all of, ooooh about 20 seconds - that he scuffed it.

Whatever.

Listening to the commentators you would think it was deliberately placed, but I'm convinced - having analysed the goal for all of, ooooh about 20 seconds - that he scuffed it.

Whatever.

Nope. Good finish. If he'd put it anywhere else it would have been saved.

Gotta love Mourniho's comments about Gudjohnsen "learnig to dive" - you'd have thought he would have in his days at Chelsea, with a manager who is either ridiculously highly hypocritical, or just plain unobservant.

Tbh though, Chelsea deserved the draw. Drogba looks on fire atm, and Lampard's getting back to form - goal was intentional also.

Chelsea deserved to win; loads more chances to score than Barca. How did Robben miss the chance where he was put through by Lampard?

Don't know how he missed it, but I have to say the build up to that chance was pretty neat :mellow:

Aye, basically. Thought he was good when he turned up. About 5 games into the season, I'd had enough.

Agreed. I used to think "he may be a twat but I'd love him here", but now I think I'd find it embarrassing to have such a lying, moaning shitbag as a manager.

Don't know how he missed it, but I have to say the build up to that chance was pretty neat :lol:

Lampard on the left for England in future? :mellow:

Aye, basically. Thought he was good when he turned up. About 5 games into the season, I'd had enough.

Agreed. I used to think "he may be a twat but I'd love him here", but now I think I'd find it embarrassing to have such a lying, moaning shitbag as a manager.

Rather him than Roeder tbh

Whatever.

Well you need your eyes tested then. Have a good look and you will see that the ball came off the sole of his boot. That = scuff. FACT! :mellow::lol:

Then:

Pathetic.

:lol:

Whatever.

Well you need your eyes tested then. Have a good look and you will see that the ball came off the sole of his boot. That = scuff. FACT! :mellow::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrHAXqYLdUw

Not according to either of those two views tbh

I'd rather have Roeder, Mourinho is a petulant, arrogant, hypocritical little bollocks. There's more to football than winning.

I'd rather have Roeder, Mourinho is a petulant, arrogant, hypocritical little bollocks. There's more to football than winning.

Not at this level there isn't.

Give me an absolute arsehole in Mourinho who gets results and talks pish than Glenn "Tim, nice but dim" Roeder anyday of the week.

........................... There's more to football than winning.

THERE IS!, fer christsake I didn't know that........................................Are you sure? :mellow:

Well I'd be ambivalent about it at best. I'd hate to see our team turn into an diving, playacting, arrogant pack of bitches that moan and moan and moan if they don't get there way.

i'm sure you'd put up with it if we were winning titles and beating barcelona in europe.

Well I'd be ambivalent about it at best. I'd hate to see our team turn into an diving, playacting, arrogant pack of bitches that moan and moan and moan if they don't get there way.

i'm sure you'd put up with it if we were winning titles and beating barcelona in europe.

I honestly don't know if I could. I'd like Mourinho to come here because he's a good manager, but if he turned our team into a buch of pricks that I felt more ashamed than proud of then I don't see the point in celebrating their success.

Unsoopafantastic.