***The Official Ashes 2006/07 Thread***

Tooj

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You TMSing it JJ?

Aye, they've even got funky scorecard graphics on the coverage. That's about as exciting as it gets for me unfortunately.

Same for me mate.

Harmison off

Anderson on

I have a stream. :lol:

A bit apprehensive to post it on the forum just incase, so PM me for the link if you like.

Live on the telly here.

Aye I know that. :D One or two were like me who didn't have Sky and were stuck with radio.

Just as I posted that I noticed those folk had fucked off!

Get in. Flintoff strikes!

I have a stream. :lol:

A bit apprehensive to post it on the forum just incase, so PM me for the link if you like.

Live on the telly here.

Aye I know that. :D One or two were like me who didn't have Sky and were stuck with radio.

Just as I posted that I noticed those folk had fucked off!

Get in. Flintoff strikes!

Is it only on sky there?

It's on terrestial here as it's protected by the federal broadcasting charter.

Fucking ridiculious really, cricket, league, the national union team, aerial ping pong (afl), aust open tennis and golf, olympics, comm games are all protected by the broadcasting charter for terrestial tv but football is ignored and with the exception of the national team, football is only available our equivilant of sky. And even the national team matches aren't protected it's just we've got a gov funded station willing to show them.

If you want a totally biased view:

cricket

Only on Sky. Disappointing really. There's not a lot of things protected by the terrestrial rulings over here. There's a list of them somewhere that someone will no doubt dig up. The World Cup, FA Cup Final, Olympics etc have to be on terrestrial TV, but anything else is fair game for Sky, including live cricket. Not a single England test match will be available on terrestrial TV here which in my view is poor.

That being said, in Sky's defence they pay a lot of money and the coverage is really good. But still, it's a shame for those who don't have Sky.

One of the beauties of the last Ashes series in 2005 was that every ball was free to air and so even the casual cricket fan got well involved. This year it doesn't matter how good the series is, there'll not be the same interest. Not just due to the time difference too.

Edited by JJ

Punter looking in great touch. Got to love his pull and hook shots.

JL was just too aggressive after lunch and now finds himself back in the shed. Good innings.

And just to say something i predicted Harmy would bowl that wide for the first ball, hilarious.